Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need a lil help for a s15

raab
10-20-2003, 03:17 PM
hey guys and gals, im looking for a nice s15 kit. im looking for one that the hood is not attached and there is a engine. spoiler or no spoiler wont matter because i will be adding a new one. im not new to making models so and dificulty is welcome. can some one move me on to the right way to find one. so far i have made a tamiya skyline but i didnt like it because of no engine. i love doing engines to cars. can some one let me know because im new to model companys. i only know fujimi tamiya and revell monogram. thanks for the help

hirofkd
10-20-2003, 04:05 PM
You don't have any choice, as far as S15 is concerned. Only Fujimi makes the S15 body in several decal variations, except limited edition tuners and Veilside. Fujimi kits aren't known for quality, and it requires more than basic body prep. Also, there's no engine for S13, S14 and S15.
Cutting the hood from the body is easy, and you only need a sharp hobby knife and 30min of concentration. If you get one of those photo etched saw, it'll save more time. Some people put the RB26 from Tamiya's R32 GT-R kit.I assume the Skyline you made was either R33 or R34, and they are indeed less challenging. Try R32 or Supra, which has a full engine detail. Also, RX-7 R1 kit has the 13B.

I"d suggest making Tamiya kit with engine for the next two or three projects, because you have less corrections to worry about. Then, Revell/Monogram, Aoshima, and Hasegawa, if you find anything interesting, because each company has its own favorite subjects. After that, Fujimi and AMT/ERTL, because they tend to requite more thorough body prep and test fitting.

Just make use of this forum, and ask for opinions about a specific kit, before you buy.

Also, don't forget to read FAQ and How-to pages.

raab
10-20-2003, 05:31 PM
hey thanks for the info. i would really like to do a s15 because i have a slight obsession with them. have you done one? what kit would u sujest for me? one last thing, do any tamiya have engines? if so what one that is most memorable

Camber
10-20-2003, 06:36 PM
I personally dont care if it has an engine or not. Just less problems, I dont find the obsession with people needeing motors. Unless its jut my lazy ass not wanting to assemble one. But you can always put the engine that come in the R32 tamiya kit. Some cars you seem to like that have an engine by tamiya are the Supra, 300zx, R32, and a few others that I can't remember.

hirofkd
10-20-2003, 10:48 PM
Go to Hobby Search: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/plamo/
Check Scale Models radio button, and search a word by "silvia" and ask for opinion on the kit you are interested in. Although it's sold out, the S15 V-Package page has photos of the kit content. Some kits don't come with the factory aero parts, so be carefull.

raab
10-21-2003, 04:08 PM
k thanks for the help and the sites. i think i have made up my mind but i still have a few questions. i am going to get the S15 Silvia "V Package" made by fujimi. then i was going to get the nissan skyline r33 and use the engine and place it in the silvia. the skyline is made by tamiya. would this work? if not what are some other cars you guys would sujest that have nice engine's i can swap for in the s15. im going to cut out the hood to place engine =)

Add your comment to this topic!