Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fool a OBD11 accord ecu into thinkn rear O2 is ok?

cwoblong
10-19-2003, 09:25 PM
Ive got 96 accord ex with Focuz high flow cat.Keep getn trouble code for rear O2.Any way to bypass or trick ecu into thinking everything is cool?Dont want to go to Obd1 unless i have to.

crxlvr
10-19-2003, 09:36 PM
just splice the wires running from your 2 O2 sensors together, you'll be fine.

cwoblong
10-20-2003, 05:45 AM
Tried that already. No dice.

Buzz1167
10-20-2003, 03:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that o2 sensors are looking for a resistance with a special relationship to what the exaust is. In my chiltons manual, the o2 sensor wants a rating of 500mv (millivolts) so you'd have to give it 500mv (im not sure how much resistance youd need, becuase I dont know anything else.) If you could get an amperage reading from halfway through the line, and a voltage reading, you could use (Volts = Amperage * resistance) to find a resister that makes it 500mv or (.5v). Although I wouldn't really suggest this, becuase the o2 sensor tells the engine whether it is lean or rich and if its really lean, but the senor says its all good, then you have yourself a problem.

And maybe its just me, but the o2 sensor is Before the cat on my car, (isnt it on the header?) so the cat isnt really changing anything, I think the guys who put on your cat just screwed it up and the sensor needs to be replaced.

(I have a crv, so the numbers are from there, youd have to look up yours in a manual or on the internet)

:2cents:

HTH
Buzz1167
Jon N

cwoblong
10-20-2003, 04:13 PM
Ive got two O2 sensors.One before and one after cat.I put cat on myself .Super easy.The first one is in a 4 inch long section of pipe between header and cat. Second one is 4inches after cat.

Add your comment to this topic!