Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 GS 430 program key

kelleher2
10-19-2003, 01:08 PM
Does anyone know how to program the key. I just bough the car and it had a new key but it needs to be programmed.

rozacy622
11-04-2003, 02:02 PM
take the key to any lexus dealer adn tell them your situation, they will program it for you. But i dont see how you could get a key like that, all of the keys are programmed by the dealership, and if your key went into the pool (avoid at all costs, trust me)or something like that, then you will have to pay for a new one. A new key will unfortunatly run you about $300-$400, depending upon the area.

Proffessor
01-31-2004, 04:12 AM
I can tell you how to program ES300 keys w/o the dealer (who will charge $75 for the process). Key blanks can be bought from : https://www.keylessride.com/order/options.asp and they will connect you with local locksmiths who can cut the key.
The process is somewhat long and involved, but I translated it from the "Japanenglish" in the service manual and I will fax it if you like.

spotco2
02-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Insert working master key in ignition, within 15 seconds press acceleration pedal to floor 5 times, within 20 seconds press brake pedal as far as it will go 6 times. Remove master key. Insert new key in ignition but DO NOT TURN. Press acceleration pedal one time adn release. Security lamp on dash will blink for 60-80 seconds. When lamp goes out, key is programmed. Press brake pedal one time to exit programming mode.

kingloose
04-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Insert working master key in ignition, within 15 seconds press acceleration pedal to floor 5 times, within 20 seconds press brake pedal as far as it will go 6 times. Remove master key. Insert new key in ignition but DO NOT TURN. Press acceleration pedal one time adn release. Security lamp on dash will blink for 60-80 seconds. When lamp goes out, key is programmed. Press brake pedal one time to exit programming mode.

is this a joke ?

Proffessor
04-26-2004, 08:40 PM
is this a joke ?
Nope, not a joke. The dealer will charge about $75 for this.

Add your comment to this topic!