Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ignition problems

mkyfingers
10-18-2003, 12:54 PM
My Altima died a few days ago while driving, just sputtered out like i ran out of gas or something. Since then I haven't been able to start it...the engine will crank, but no ignition. The plugs,wires, distributor, rotor are all new, as in, i just replaced them to try and fix the problem. The plugs spark fine, but the cylinders are flooded to the point that the plugs are submerged in gas. I think thats the problem, but I can't figure what would cause that. Any ideas?? I'm desperate here, i've tried everything I can think of!

tyln
11-04-2003, 07:46 PM
I am currently having same problem. I have a code 11 and 45 on the ECM and have been told that the distributor needs to be replaced. Is this what fixed your problem?

iruntoo
11-09-2003, 09:15 AM
I am also having the same symptoms. I replaced the plugs, rotor, distributor cap and fuel filter. The car ran for a few miles and died. I purchased a new distributor friday and installed it. The car fired up and ran for 5 miles and then died. The car will start and turns off immediately. Need to get it towed now. Please post how you fixed.
I have 11 and 45 as trouble codes also. When the car won't start the coil does have spark, but the distributor does not. Not sure if I have a new but defective distributor, or its the ECM as you suspect.

tyln
11-09-2003, 01:43 PM
Distributor failed to clear my no start. Still logging fault 11 and 45 on ECM, I'm afraid the ECM is next. Currently in search of part. You need to check your faults on the ECM, it may help lead you to the cause. Good luck. If you get a fix please post.

adamandcc
11-14-2003, 11:50 AM
I also have encountered some of the same problems. My altima started missing when it got hot. I thought that this might of been something to do with the gas. After driving about 5 miles my altima just died. I tried starting it and it would just miss. I took it to a local mechanic and they told me that I needed a new distributor. After paying $500 for repairs. I got my baby back and once the car is warmed up it starts doing the same thing. It putters once the car is warmed up and I press on the gas. It's a 95 GXE Altima. Does anybody know what is going on?

chevcamls1
02-14-2004, 01:08 AM
code 11 Crankshaft Position Sensor
code 45 Injector Leak

Dark_Bluebird
02-23-2004, 08:07 AM
damn it im having the same problem i took it to an electrician and it was my starter and faulty fuel pump wires....here goes all my check again :(
getting a new predator hood cant wait :banghead:

http://www.nissantalk.com/registry/users/milo/images/lg_altima2.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!