Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

All Teg Drivers Read This...

KrNxRaCer00
10-18-2003, 03:15 AM
well, jus wanted to throw in a different type of thread.

how come everyone purchased an integra instead of a different car?

for me, it was its high rev'n motor w/ nice style an its moderate price...

open to all now..

gen2tegls
10-18-2003, 03:52 AM
i dont even have a teg yet but i know it is wat i want. i want a gsr because of the power it puts out stock and its potential but i wont be able to afford a gen 3 some im gonna get a gen 2 gsr.....got n e ideas if i should or shoudnt

gen2tegls
10-18-2003, 03:54 AM
how much was your 94 gsr

KrNxRaCer00
10-18-2003, 04:05 AM
PM me for more details, lets keep it on topic...

94tegRS
10-18-2003, 02:43 PM
I got mine for the looks/price/reliability/and performance, even thjough it was only a RS, with bolt ons it was pretty quick. I sold it since though, but I know I want one agian, it will just be a bit quicker next time.

Sid77
10-18-2003, 07:11 PM
I bought my Integra after researching it of course; only to find it has an outstanding track record as well as great looks. You pretty much said it "looks/price/reliability/performance" I would add one more thing though UPGRADEABILITY as well as a Big aftermarket of things to customize your Teg to you. :iceslolan

whtteg
10-18-2003, 11:10 PM
Basically most of the things above , had to choose between the teg and a 97 lude SH but I think the teg was the right choice for me. I thought the teg felt a little more nimble if you will :p

KrNxRaCer00
10-19-2003, 07:09 PM
Basically most of the things above , had to choose between the teg and a 97 lude SH but I think the teg was the right choice for me. I thought the teg felt a little more nimble if you will :p

agreed...rode in a SH, an it jus felt too bulky for me.

they do have nicer interiors (IMO) an they've got a nice outside look...jus not as nice as the teg (once again IMO)

Thepeug
10-19-2003, 09:46 PM
I'm torn between a teg and a 5th gen hatch. I like the teg better; I think it's a more practical car, and it looks much better, but you just can't beat the power to weight ratio of a b16-powered hatch. I could swap in a '99 LS for the same price as a '99 b16, but it just doesn't have the revving capability and power of the b16. I don't have the money for a swap and turbo, and I don't want to turbo an engine that already has 120k+ miles on it. Basically, I like the teg better, but I'd be going a lot faster a lot sooner for less money with the hatch.

94tegRS
10-20-2003, 01:36 AM
if you like the teg, get the teg, I had a teg, then sold it, a few cars later wanted a teg again, saw a deal on a hatch, got it and it is onw for sale and when I get back, gues what im getting, the teg I wanted in the beginning.

and Id go B18b stock over B16a stock. sure you got high revving vtec but you got NO torque.

Spectre927
10-20-2003, 01:42 AM
I'm torn between a teg and a 5th gen hatch. I like the teg better; I think it's a more practical car, and it looks much better, but you just can't beat the power to weight ratio of a b16-powered hatch. I could swap in a '99 LS for the same price as a '99 b16, but it just doesn't have the revving capability and power of the b16. I don't have the money for a swap and turbo, and I don't want to turbo an engine that already has 120k+ miles on it. Basically, I like the teg better, but I'd be going a lot faster a lot sooner for less money with the hatch.

I feel your pain. I ended up getting a 96 INtegra. They do look a little better, but with some money, you can make those hatches sooo nice. You'll always have people looking at your car, but you won't always be racing it :2cents: . Around here people are more into looks though, which is alright, but its always nice to have a little power under your feet. It all depends on your path and your patience.

00tegra
10-20-2003, 10:52 AM
i got my teg b/c my boyfriend already had a 97 Prelude, so the integra was the next best thing. the aftermarket is great and the expierence of upgrading is what i really look forward to. i hope to swap a type r motor into it. but in general i like the whole import scene. looks/reliability/price/ and eventually to become more so - performance! :rofl:

90civicracer
10-20-2003, 09:27 PM
Well I don't have an Integra (got a crappy lil '90 Civic EX) but I am lookin into getting a GSR. My friend has an LS and it's fun to drive and plus I LOVE the way Integra's look.

Spectre927
10-21-2003, 12:36 AM
well, jus wanted to throw in a different type of thread.

how come everyone purchased an integra instead of a different car?

for me, it was its high rev'n motor w/ nice style an its moderate price...

open to all now..

Yeah same here, we had a 69 RS with a 350, ended up selling it. Otherwise I'd probably be a domestic fan, still like em, but I'd much rather drive an import, my friend bought a del sol in 99-00, and after that we got into it.

OSUKristenGS-R
10-21-2003, 10:01 AM
The lease for my 2000 Civic EX coupe was coming to an end, and my parents made it very clear that I was going to have to buy my next car on my own (oh god no!! :uhoh: ). I was a devout Mitsubishi fan since they came out with the second generation Eclipse, so I was dead-set on getting myself either a late 2nd gen GS-T or GSX. That lasted about as long as it took me to find out that these cars have so many problems with them that it could very well end up being a huge waste of money.

Anyway, I was then torn between the '97-99 Audi A4s (also big problems), '97 Preludes (couldn't find one for the right $$$), and 97-2001 Integras. Made some phone calls, and found a black 1997 GS-R with very low milage and a reasonable sticker price (after I'd knocked him down about $4K). I'd never driven manual before, so I had to have some help from dad to determine how well it handled- he said it reminded him of his "glory days" when he was my age (gag) :rolleyes: .

I picked up an Eclipse GS from a dealership to drive around for a while, and after riding in the Integra, it just didn't compare. It also seemed like everywhere I went there was an Eclipse- its almost as bad as the Civic here.

I LOVE MY CAR. I couldn't ask for a more reliable little sports car. I love its sleek styling, that its so easy to modify, and that it has a good little engine that tends to surprise highschool boys when I race them down the highway. :evillol:

Add your comment to this topic!