Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HAWAII: "DOWNFORCE" Model Contest 2004!

Honoturtle
10-17-2003, 12:51 AM
All from Hawaii, there is being a contest being held at THE HOBBY COMPANY in Pearlridge on Oahu.. Below is basically all the information you need!

The Hobby Company “DOWNFORCE” Model Contest 2004!

Come join The Hobby Company in a DOWNFORCE model contest. Build any year vehicle foreign or domestic, any way you want, as long as it makes use of a spoiler, wing, dam, body kit or other type air deflector. Make a factory replica, box stock, drag, custom, drifter, SUV or any other creation you can think up.

Contest Rules

Models may be as small as you want with the largest acceptable scale being 1/12 scale. Examples are as follows: 1/87, 1/64, 1/43, 1/32, 1/25, 1/24, 1/20, 1/18, 1/16, or 1/12 scales. Any larger scale will not be accepted for this contest. Remember, you must use a spoiler, wing, dam, body kit or other type air deflector incorporated in your model.

Models must be built solely by the entrant.

No display base will be allowed due to space constraints. No mirrors or any type of display accessories will be allowed. Body and or body panels may be removed and displayed besides the model. The only exception is the diorama class.

Models will remain on display the duration of the contest and for a period of three weeks following the judging. Judges will make the final determination as to what class a particular model will compete in.

MODEL DROP OFF AND PICK UP

Models shall be turned in on Sunday February 1, 2004. Models will be accepted at the Hobby Company, Pearlridge between the hours of 2-5p.m. Winners will be announced the weekend of February 8. 2004. Models will be available for pick up on Sunday, February 22, 2004 from 2-5p.m. For questions, contact Rich at 292-9726 or Chris at 251-0715 pgr.

MODEL CAR SHOW DIVISIONS

I. CURBSIDE – In this class, models will be judged from a distance of three feet away. Keep in mind that any small details such as photo etched and small painted parts may go unnoticed. Curbside models with exposed engines that are wired or plumed will be bumped into a detailed class at the discretion of the judges. This class is limited to vehicles in 1/25, 1/24 and 1/20 scales only and must use some type of body kit, spoiler, wing, deflector, etc.

II. DETAILED – In this division judges will handle and completely inspect each model. Attention will be given to all aspects of model building, such as paint, neatness, fit and finish, etc.

STREET- Any street driven car that would be considered street legal. This could vary from a beater vehicle to a radical street legal tuner or drifter. Just keep in mind that this vehicle should represent a vehicle that would be able to run on the street legally and must use some type of body kit/ spoiler/ wing/ deflector, etc. Final determination will be at the discretion of the judges. This class is limited to vehicles in 1/25, 1/24 and 1/20 scale only. There are two street classes to enter in as described below.

A. Pre 1980 (1979 and older)
B. 1980 to present

COMPETITION- Any form of competition. This would included but not to be limited to drag racing, road course, rally, exhibition, on and off road, drifters, etc., and must use some type of a body kit/ spoiler/ wing/ deflector, etc. In most cases these vehicles would not be suitable for street use. This class is limited to vehicles in 1/25, 1/24, and 1/20 scales only.

SMALL SCALE- This class includes any vehicle with scales of 1/32 or smaller and must use some type of body kit/ spoiler/ wing/ deflector, etc. This class will include 1/32, 1/43, 1/64, 1/87 scales, modified Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightning, HJO scales, etc.

LARGE SCALE- This class includes any model with the scales of 1/18 to 1/12 and must use some type of body kit/ spoiler/ wing/ deflector, etc.

UNIOR MODELER- (15 and under) – any model built by a junior modeler fifteen years old or younger. This would be a vehicle that is built only by the junior modeler and must use some type of body kit/ spoiler/ wing/ deflector, etc. This class is limited to vehicles in 1/25, 1/24, and 1/20 scales only.

DIORAMA- Diorama can be in any scale as long as the dimensions of the base are no more that one square foot with the height no more than twelve inches. Two examples are 12” long x 12” wide x 12” high or 24” long x 6” wide x 12” high. Judges will inspect this class visually with no limit to distance. The models will not be touched so any hidden details may go unnoticed. What the judges see is what they will judge. The vehicles must use some type of body kit/ spoiler/ wing/ deflector, etc.

“IMPORTANT NOTE”- Your vehicle must use some type of body kit/ spoiler/ wing/ deflector, etc. There are numerous types, which range from small deflectors on stock muscle cars to large air deflectors on big trucks to radical top fuel wings. The word vehicle includes trucks, cars, pick-ups, vans, motorcycles, etc. These varieties and all sizes in between are all acceptable and will be placed in classes according to scales and subject. If you have any questions, please call Rich (292-9726) or Chris (251-0715) for clarification.

REMEMBER- The basis and focal point of this contest is the use of a spoiler, wing, dam, body kit, or other type of air deflector. The judge’s decisions will be guided by the focus of this contest, which is the use of some type of body kit/ spoiler/ wing/ deflector, etc.
__________________________________________________ ____

This is basically it! If you plan on entering, you can display it here if you want!

Thank you for reading! :)

flyonthewall
10-17-2003, 03:58 AM
Interesting, SAS should be sponsers! lol

sugarcaddy
10-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Wish I was in Hawaii for that contest. Any chance of proxy entrys??

Scott

offroadmike
10-17-2003, 09:58 PM
Wow, sounds amazing. I cant wait to see some pics.

Honoturtle
10-18-2003, 02:53 PM
Interesting, SAS should be sponsers! lol
Good idea!

Well, I'm sure I can enter this one.... though the pics have to wait till Febuary.

Honoturtle
01-23-2004, 12:56 AM
Giving this one a bump. The deadline is coming up.

I hope to enter my 510, but haven't been working on my cars for the past few days, been staying after school to around 8:00pm working on a new program at my school called Botball. It's supposed to be a 6-7 week thing, but I don't want to miss the contest (which is on Superbowl sunday).

I wish all who will enter luck, I just hope I can complete my car! Or at least make the contest to take some pictures.

Honoturtle
02-03-2004, 01:37 AM
***UPDATE***
The due date has been pushed to February 15th, 2004. That means I can work on my 510!!

Add your comment to this topic!