Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

speaker questions

98-integra
10-16-2003, 09:40 PM
i was reading a forum and some guy was asking about 2-way speaker or component speaker. what is a component speaker and why are they better than 2-way speaker or any other speaker i have a 98 integra and i would like to get some good sound out of it w/o putting subs in i dont really want the weight or the loud bass so ive been thinking about replacing all the factory speakers i think i have (2) 1" tweeter and (4) 6 1/2" (2) front/(2)rear i have a sony CDX-M750 (i think) i got it like 4 years ago which i will be replacing too just not now what are the best speakers out right now i dont really care about price and should i replace the tweeter or just leave the factory one in??

60hz163.5db
10-16-2003, 10:55 PM
as for the comp vs. coax Components are better especially since you have factory tweets. I would recommend on the high side going down Dyn audio's system 240 around $725 a pair with just the drivers in the rear around 475. Amplify them with say an xatant X604 around a 1000. wiring and labor say 2400 or so out the door with tax and what not.
Coxials are ok but do not come close to a nice set of comps.but if you want a truly loud car check out a small sub maybe a single ten on a 5 channel you'd be suprised...

98-integra
10-17-2003, 06:51 AM
thanks is there any other good speakers? also will they fit in or im i going to have to cut or whatever to make them fit?

60hz163.5db
10-17-2003, 09:30 PM
there are plenty of speakers you just asked for a nice set.. get 61/2 all the way around...

98-integra
10-18-2003, 12:03 PM
ok what are the bset speakers i can get without getting a amp to power them sorry about question dont know crap about speakers

l2ice rocketz
10-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Basically there are a few characteristics you want to look for in quality speakers.

-Rubber Surround (durability, resitance to sun and moisture, and better sounding bass)
-Buy coax's with Dome Tweeters (Not cones, they produce lesser frequencies, and paper is just so damn cheap)
-Quality speaker material (kinda like the plastic looking red stuff on sony xplods)

I know pioneer makes some nice speakers like this. But yea, you want most of these qualities for the best sounding and best quality speakers.

Add your comment to this topic!