Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Vg30et Motor in 240sx

Clutch240sx
10-16-2003, 10:52 AM
Hey i just bought a vg30et for my 90' nissan 240sx and was wondering what kind of mods are out there that anyone has done so i can get an idea for my car.

I have a t/4 turbo, polished ports, stage I cams, and bigger pistons.
If anyone has any suggestions, besides Intake and exaust let me know.

thanks

Mk3Supra
10-16-2003, 06:13 PM
Besides fuel mods , looks like you are on the right track. I'd do a 300Z TT or a R33 GTR fuel pump and TT injectors. That'll give you a 700 Hp cap to work with. Might also want to get a S-AFC for a bit of fuel tuning.
I'm planning an RB25 or RB26 swap into my 85 300Z in the near future , so we are both kinda in the same boat.

wingsofwar
10-17-2003, 01:08 AM
when you get go fast parts, you wana be able to stop fast as well...look up some brake upgrades, or do a z32 brake swap. FMIC & oil coolers are something to look into too, if your doing some serious boosting..you need some cooler air. Dont want your intake to gum up, get an oil catch can to get some of that excess oil that runs down your pipes. Dont forget to monitor your engines performance with a few gauges and management systems in your cockpit, dont wana over do it now. With good throttle response from turbocharged cars...you need control over the characteristics of the car as well as the engine, so look into some drivetrain work and suspension. Driveshafts, LSD, springs, shocks, camber, anti-swaybars, and body reinforcement.

have fun with your 240

Mk3Supra
10-18-2003, 08:41 PM
I think all the Nissan cars are kinda the same. I can install Skyline brakes on my car with few modifications , which means you probably can also. That would be the best way to go , for brakes.

Add your comment to this topic!