Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nor Cali, time to represent up in heah...!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SilverY2KCivic
12-07-2001, 10:46 AM
The So. Cali Honda movement as I like to call it, is huge, so I wanna hear shout outs from our northern Honda/Acura crew. :sun:

Just represent where your from, what city and all.

SpoilerV2
12-07-2001, 11:51 PM
http://www.blitzworld.com/garden/imagesinsects/cricketwebG243X_small.JPG

cricket cricket cricket.:o

SilverY2KCivic
12-08-2001, 01:52 AM
Geez, it can't be that bad up there, can it? :unoh:

RedY2KCivic
12-08-2001, 01:11 PM
LOL!!!!

See, I told my parents it was a bad idea to move from So Cal to up here 5 years ago....

This totally SUCKS!!

lol
I'm up here all alone......

It's funny though, because there's races every Friday and Saturday night that I go to....hmm....guess I'm the only one cool enough to be in PH :cool: :cool:

SilverY2KCivic
12-09-2001, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by RedY2KCivic
LOL!!!!

See, I told my parents it was a bad idea to move from So Cal to up here 5 years ago....

This totally SUCKS!!

lol
I'm up here all alone......

It's funny though, because there's races every Friday and Saturday night that I go to....hmm....guess I'm the only one cool enough to be in PH :cool: :cool:

And to think, you used to live on my street and I never even knew! :cry: *sigh...*

RedY2KCivic
12-10-2001, 12:26 AM
lol

how weird life can be :alien:

SilverY2KCivic
12-10-2001, 10:27 AM
lol

how weird life can be :alien:

Weird and cruel. :bloated:

BlondeEX
01-04-2002, 03:29 AM
I'm from Nor Cal, I wouldnt be too quick to associate myself with the Super Honda/Acura Enthusiast crowd, like all y'all.. I'm new at this car stuff. I drive a 99 Civic EX and I love it, I used to drive a 90 190 E Mercedez and a 98 Civic LX. Maybe someday I'll have enough money to make my car up to par to your standards, but until then, i'll watch the races, and be friends with the awesome Nor Cal Honda crowd, especially the girls, who are totally nice.
However, the number of Honda/Acuras here is nothing to L.A. and San Diego, geeez!

RedY2KCivic
01-04-2002, 09:27 AM
I've been to the bay area a few times for some huge street racing gatherings (like 300+ people). But they don't happen very often out there. There's also some huge gatherings in Stockton, but it's too far of a drive to go out there every weekend, so we just have our little 30-50 or so people at the races here in Sac. I remember the last time the bay area built up (with the street racers in excess of 300 or so people), and the cops surrounded them and gave out hundreds of tickets, and towed away like 50 cars or something like that. :(

It's nice to meet you though, BlondeEX...another girl from nor cal!!:D

Take care:)

SilverY2KCivic
01-04-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by BlondeEX
I'm from Nor Cal, I wouldnt be too quick to associate myself with the Super Honda/Acura Enthusiast crowd, like all y'all.. I'm new at this car stuff. I drive a 99 Civic EX and I love it, I used to drive a 90 190 E Mercedez and a 98 Civic LX. Maybe someday I'll have enough money to make my car up to par to your standards, but until then, i'll watch the races, and be friends with the awesome Nor Cal Honda crowd, especially the girls, who are totally nice.
However, the number of Honda/Acuras here is nothing to L.A. and San Diego, geeez!

Welcome to PureHonda @ AF, BlondeEX. :) It's nice to see a new face around here once in a while, esp. a female face. Those are still (in my opinion) hard to come by. Don't worry about if your car is "up to par" or not, you can still have lots of fun with it even if it's not. Heck, my car doesn't even compare to most others of the members on here, so it's all good. :) Anyways, just give a hollar if you need anything or have and questions on here.

CivicLx
01-10-2002, 09:43 AM
Hello:D I am new here and I am from NoCal. Actually I'm stationed in Japan right now which totally sucks. The Tokyo Auto Salon is this weekend too, but it's too far away. I can't wait to come back and go to some of the shows!

RedY2KCivic
01-10-2002, 08:57 PM
hahaha
This is too funny...someone actually from here besides me, and they're in Japan.
lol
Whatever dudes, guess I'm just too :cool: for y'all

hehehe:D :D

BTW, welcome, CivicLx. Where in Nor Cal are you from?? :)

CivicLx
01-11-2002, 04:34 AM
I'm from Sonora, 209. It's about 3 hours east of the bay and 2 2/2 hours southeast of Sacramento. It's about 45 miles from Modesto. My town sucks, but I'd rather be there instead of in Japan. I'm stationed here, so it's not like I'm on vacation.

racer_guy
01-12-2002, 12:34 AM
hey y2kcivic, I'm from Santa Rosa in the 707. About 2 1/2 hours west from you, I used to go to auburn all the time, my brother used to live in the lake of the pines up there. So dont feel lonly cause I'm here and been trying to get a little meet going on up here forever. So it nice to hear that there are people around here that care.:silly2:

RedY2KCivic
01-13-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by racer_guy
hey y2kcivic, I'm from Santa Rosa in the 707. About 2 1/2 hours west from you, I used to go to auburn all the time, my brother used to live in the lake of the pines up there. So dont feel lonly cause I'm here and been trying to get a little meet going on up here forever. So it nice to hear that there are people around here that care.:silly2:

lol
yay!!
You should come to Auburn more often! That's just a little trip up the foothills from me! I'm in Rocklin to be exact, so it only takes about 15 minutes up those hills. That's cool:hehe: If we keep this up, we'll have almost enough people to actually meet!:rolleyes: :D

racer_guy
01-16-2002, 09:26 PM
I'll be in rocklin this weekend, my bro moved there so i'll be going there there friday so get a hold of me soon k? jsiedentopf@excite.com

RedY2KCivic
01-17-2002, 01:34 PM
:D :D So there's actually someone that's heard of my little town?!? lol That's sweet, hey, I e-mailed you, did you get it? Write back on here or e-mail me and let me know if you're gonna be here. You can come out to the races with my crew and I if you like this weekend. ;)
Let me know!!!
I'm getting some new coilovers on Friday, so we're going to be dumping my car, but afterwards, we'll probably be going out cruising and looking for races. The big race night is Saturday though, so if you're going to be here Saturday night, hit me up!!
We meet at the In-N-Out on sunrise out in Rancho.
Let me know, K?
lates :D :D

super 96 accord
01-24-2002, 12:01 PM
HOLY SHIT! I live in Rocklin!

I guess I never just scrolled down far enough to see the California section here! Hell, you guys have probably seen my car if you go out there! 96 Accord with 17 chrome, big ass veilside spoiler. This is kinda cool.

I go to that In N Out all the time for lunch!! I work out in Rancho but live out in Rocklin so I have quite a drive up and down sunrise every day!

RedY2KCivic
01-24-2002, 12:17 PM
:eek2:
NO WAY This is like---crazy!!
Where in Rocklin???
I live in Rocklin, but I work in Sacto.
Do you go out on Fri/Sat nights?

super 96 accord
01-24-2002, 12:23 PM
I live over by springview school. I think that's which one it is. Over off of five star somewhere. What about you??

I used to be the first one out and the last one in on fri and sat but shit, now it's to the point where if I see a cop at lunch time I alter my course. For some reason, they hate me. I stopped speeding, there's nothing illegal with my car, and they still HELLA mess with me!! So I don't go out too often w/my ride anymore. We get out and cause ruckus once in a while though!

RedY2KCivic
01-24-2002, 12:38 PM
:D lol
That's hella cool
I live over by Breen Elementary. I used to live up behind Bel Air. Did you go to RHS?

....wait a second...do you live on the street like, if you're coming down the road and Springview is on your left, the first street to your left after the school?

super 96 accord
01-24-2002, 12:42 PM
Yup, but not the one you're thinking of. I went to RSVL!! I was a soph when they opened rocklin high with freshmen so I was a year too old to go to rocklin! Thank goodness too! Ya'll had some problems at that place! hehe :) I remember your track though, that thing was NICE, we had a meet there (yes I got some medals) and there was even a team there from HAWAII!! It was pretty cool. Where the hell is Breen at?? I thought I knew all of rocklin considering it's so small but I guess not.

This is a trip. What a small world.

You say you work in Sac? Anywhere close to the Wells Fargo Bldg?

RedY2KCivic
01-24-2002, 12:45 PM
OMG, I was part of the track team when we had the Hawaiian people come. I had medals too for track!
Breen is right by RHS and the new jr high

Is your street the next one by Willow Glen Way though?
If so, I think I've seen you:D

Oh, and I work off of Northgate

super 96 accord
01-24-2002, 12:53 PM
Damn!! You work way ooouuuuttttt there!!! I thought my drive was bad. Well at least you get all freeway, I have to deal with freakin sunrise.

And yeah, you probably have seen me, my car is kinda hard to miss :)
My friends used to get pissed at me cuz they would honk and rev at me but I would never acknowledge them. But then they just realized it was becuase my stereo wouldn't let me hear them! So don't feel bad if you honk and I don't see ya!

Just wait a couple months til my car is done!! Then everyone will know it!! hehe, it's going thru major renovations! It's even gonna be in a magazine when I'm done with it! I'm excited!!!!

RedY2KCivic
01-24-2002, 12:58 PM
LOL
My dad works off of 5 star. So you live off of Whitney then!
haha
My car is the red '00 Civic with a big ass white sticker across the windshield, loud ass exhaust, altezzas in the rear, meshey grilles in the front, and me driving! lol
Oh, you also may notice the huge white streak across my front bumper, along with tears, scratches, rips, etc. on both the front & rear bumpers. lol But those will be gone in 2 weeks after my baby gets fixed. lol:rolleyes:
That's hella cool
haha
Never thought I'd meet anyone from Rocklin on here haha
At least you know what I mean ;)

I'm still not sure if I've seen you. Do you have the shark-wing looking spoiler? Because if so, I saw you like 3 months ago, but if not, I don't think I have. Do you stay around Rocklin much? I try not to ;) lol As I'm sure you could completely understand. I wonder if you've seen me driving around hmmm :)

super 96 accord
01-24-2002, 02:58 PM
Well, it's a kind of hard spoiler to explain. Actually, it's like the spoilers on the black civics on fast and furious kinda. One dead giveaway is that if you ever see my car parked or something, I have a model of Accord/honda that I'm sure not too many people have. Take a look on the back of the car where it normally has the EX/LX and so on. :) I'm not gonna share here because I KNOW it will be imitated too damn much!

RedY2KCivic
01-24-2002, 04:14 PM
lol
A'ight :)
I try to stay in Rocklin as little as possible, but I'll keep an eye out for ya. ;) We should line em up too ;):p :rolleyes: :D :D
===============

super 96 accord
01-24-2002, 04:19 PM
So, what are your 'few' mods :)

DarknessRS
01-24-2002, 04:27 PM
Hey whats up everyone, I'm from Elk Grove way south sac :D It's nice to know that there are some valley AF peeps :P

RedY2KCivic
01-24-2002, 04:27 PM
;) Guess you'll just have to see;)

RedY2KCivic
01-24-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by DarknessRS
Hey whats up everyone, I'm from Elk Grove way south sac :D It's nice to know that there are some valley AF peeps :P

hehehe
So you found our forum ;):D

super 96 accord
01-24-2002, 04:39 PM
;) Guess you'll just have to see;)

HAHA! Give me two months and I'd be more than happy to oblige :)

You show me yours :)
And I'll maybe show you mine :)

RedY2KCivic
01-24-2002, 04:45 PM
:D :D Hey, fairness is the way to go! You scratch my, uh....back and I scratch yours, right?!? :angel: ;)

RedY2KCivic
01-24-2002, 04:56 PM
:) hehehe
I hear ya on that one....I need to try and get some work done too...<sigh> To think that they gave me the internet and expected me to use it for 'reaserch purposes only'. lol ;)
hit me up ;)

:DLates:D

CRXkid
01-26-2002, 04:34 AM
dang thats weird. im from rocklin too. i saw your guys' post and i was jst like crap, thats crazy. so i registered. ive seen the accord, i think. is it like a green color? i think ive seen you at rocklin high. i go there. dang thats a trip.

super 96 accord
01-26-2002, 01:39 PM
Yup, it's the green one! Welcome to our 'rocklin' forum :)

I didn't go to rocklin high and the only time I go by there is when I'm flyin down stanford ranch to get back into the houses, but i never stop at the HS.

RedY2KCivic
01-26-2002, 05:10 PM
:D :D hahaha
This is so cool! We need our own forum now, since our little town has got so many people in it!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CRXkid, what grade are you in? I graduated in '00, and my sister is a freshman this year. Just wondering :)

RedY2KCivic
01-26-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by super 96 accord

I didn't go to rocklin high and the only time I go by there is when I'm flyin down stanford ranch to get back into the houses, but i never stop at the HS.

haha, yeah, that hill is hella fun to fly down. lol I can't even count how many times I've raced down that. hahaha :D :D
I don't think we need to get into top speeds we've reached, considering it is a 40mph zone...:rolleyes: :D

Anyways, I live in those houses there at the bottom of the hill! I live off of Park and Stanford Ranch Road!

I'm still not sure that I've ever seen you though. :confused: Oh well.....probably I will now since I'll be looking for you guys. :D hehehe

CRXkid
01-27-2002, 02:23 AM
Ive got a black CRX, it doesnt have much done to it right now though. it in my garage totally gutted. It was stolen like a month ago and they stripped all my aftermarket stuff. they also left the sunroof open and so the inside was flooded. so insurance totalled the car and i bought it back for 150 bucks. i got about 4,000 for it. it all works out ok. now im putting in a new interior with momo racing seats. im trying to decide whether i wanna get a wings west body kit and rims. or save up for another month and drop a GSR engine in there. my plan is to make my car fast, not pretty.

Im a junior. my bro graduated in 2000 too. kinda weird. what mods you guys have on your cars?

super 96 accord
01-27-2002, 11:57 AM
Well whichever way you decide to go, make sure you check me cuz I have hookups on momo stuff and engine swaps up here!

CRXkid
01-27-2002, 03:05 PM
really? thatd be real cool if i could get a deal on an engine. ive already got one of the momo seats. i have a hookup on momo too. i have a business license. so i get stuff cheap. i dont have a good hook on engines though. so thatd be cool. do you know anyone around here that does good carpeting or interior work? thanks.

super 96 accord
01-28-2002, 09:09 AM
Wow, when will the coincidences cease?? I have my own business license too :)

About the momo stuff, did you know that the #1 momo distributor in the world is here in good ol Rocklin?? I'm actually doing there webpage for them right now :)

About the engines themselves, I'm looking around but I know someone VERY knowledgable for the installs.

And as far as the interior, I'm stuck. I've concluded I have to go to LA for that, but it's hard finding a good place so far away, but at least I know they're down there. I'm trying to finish up my car for my magazine shoot and I just don't know where I'm getting the interior done. Everything else is taken care of so I'm getting frustrated w/it!!!

Oh well, it'll all come together soon :)

RedY2KCivic
01-28-2002, 11:43 AM
When you're asking about interior work, if you were wanting to wrap your rear seats, there is a guy up here that does an awesome job...he's done a few of my buddie's cars, and it looks sweet. He'll put emblems on them and stuff if you like--very professional

super 96 accord
01-28-2002, 12:28 PM
What about dash, headliner, doors, pretty much everything except the front seats?? Can you get me his contact info if he does those things? Thanks.

CRXkid
01-28-2002, 04:29 PM
yea, i knew about motorsport marketing. thats tight. ive got an account with them. i love a business license. it makes things so much cheaper. Itd ge awesome if you could find me an engine for a decent price and also a person that you know could do the job really good. i want a good deal, but i also want it done right. for the interior i talk to some people and they were telling me they know a guy that works for some interior shop around here and he may be able to get me a good deal. if you can, let me know anything about the engine. thanks a lot.

Also, i was wondering what companies around here do you go through?
thanks a lot.

super 96 accord
01-28-2002, 07:12 PM
Yeah, keep me informed about that interior thing. I need to get mine done SOON!!

About having the engine done, I know the best guy!! He has a shop out in Rancho Cordova on Sunrise and all he does is engine swaps and custom turbos. He's the one in charge of my swap and turbo. His cars are off the hook! Let me know exactly what you want and I'll check for you! Maybe if we buy our engines together I can get them even cheaper!! (Anyone else reading this wanting an engine, speak up!)

I mainly get stuff through CSI and motorsport dynamics. Motorsport are kinda assholes though, they don't really give ya do much of a discount though, but anything is better than nothing :)

RedY2KCivic
01-28-2002, 07:25 PM
Street Toyz is the closest one to us (obviously 'cause it's here in Rocklin), but I've never really bought anything big from there even though my buddy works there. Redline's new store is pretty cool...it's two stories, but it's off of bradshaw now. They're cool because they have so much stuff in stock right there. Like full body kits for most applications, wings, exhausts, etc., and it's all right there in stock. At their old store you can buy used stuff (I guess they have like a junkyard out back--I was there 3 days ago, and it's kinda cool), where you can get used parts for cheaper that are in good condition, and they have good prices/deals. That's out off of Sunrise by White Rock Rd. Eclipse Performance (off of Greenback&Auburn) does awesome tinting, and I know a guy there too. RCJ is now out of business (isn't that motorsport dynamics now?), and he ripped people off so it's good ridence I guess. Rick owes my buddy like $300 still. Everyone has their own opinion about all of the shops though--I've heard both good and bad things about all of the stores, so I guess it's just the type of thing you have to go and experience for yourself. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm still trying to find the # for that guy that does the interiors...I'll try to get it asap. :)

super 96 accord
01-28-2002, 07:31 PM
RCJ = Real Complete Jackass : That guy is a dick.

Street Toyz = They can suck my D***!! Assholes ripped my ass off on a crappy install. They fuckin suck donkey balls! I'll never even step foot in there again.

They're expensive as hell too, I know who they get all their stuff from and they don't get it all that cheap which means they won't be in business long hopefully because they can't be making too much of a profit margin.
Sorry if your friend works there, but they're assholes as far as i'm concerned.

Yeah, and out down on sunrise is all the wrecking yards (that's right out by where I work) so you can find some cheap stuff out there sometimes.

CRXkid
01-28-2002, 10:05 PM
thatd be cool if we could get a deal on engines if we bought em at the same time. when you planning on having yours done. i should be ready in about a month or sooner. let me know if you wanna do that.

I only go into street toys to get a laugh. its kinda funny to go over there and see that theyll sell momo rims for like 2500 when i get em for like 1000 or less. motorsports dynamic has been aright to me. ive never heard of CSI, wheres that at? and where is redline at? thanks a lot.

if you go down to that place where your gonna get your engine, ask them if theyll give it cheaper for two.

RedY2KCivic
01-28-2002, 11:47 PM
Yeah, my friend just got a job at street toyz like a few weeks ago, and the only time I go in there is to say what's up. It is kind of a joke.... :rolleyes:
To get to redline you take 50 to bradshaw, make a left I think, and....lol It's down there :D
It's kind of far, but they have a lot of stuff in stock.
I've only been to the old redline store once, and you take sunrise past white rock, and then it's kind of back there with all of the mazda 'recycling' places, vw 'recycling' places, etc. :D But it was PACKED with body kits, cf hoods, altezzas, intakes, exhausts, and everything. It was cool ;)
I guess from what I hear and all, Redline would be the best shop out here....pricewise and peoplewise.

But I would never let street toyz put anything on my car. 2 of my friends got their cars lowered there....one of them, the wheel flew off when he was driving, and the second, it was something like they cut his springs and his car was just...well, we'll just say he had to have his car towed from LA back up here b/c he was on a roadtrip and it got screwed up, so that he couldn't even drive.
I dunno....I doubt their 'installers' have to have any experience whatsoever.
My friend just is a cashier or whatever and uses the discount to buy stuff and put it on himself, or with our help.

RedY2KCivic
01-28-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by super 96 accord
RCJ = Real Complete Jackass

hahaha
Just noticed that! lol:hehehe:
Comes as a big surprise he's outta business. I hear Rick is working at a brake shop or something now. I doubt he can support his wife now lol
Did you hear what happened to her when they went water skiing??
:D

super 96 accord
01-29-2002, 10:55 AM
WHAT HAPPENED??????

Last I saw of them she had him like a little f'in bitch. They were coming out of BEBE's at the galleria and he was carrying HELLA bags!!! Shit was hilarious!!!!!!

RedY2KCivic
01-29-2002, 11:45 AM
hahaha
You think THAT'S funny? I guess he payed for her to get a boob job 2 summers ago or something, and they went waterskiing with a bunch of people and she crashed and popped one of her boobs!!!:hehe: :hehehe: :evillaugh :lol2:

I used to know people that worked for him a long time ago--omg, he was just a joke. Especially after that happened, nobody let that one go. lol:D

Oh yeah, she does have him like a little b*&%h. lol
She's using him for his $$, and it's so obvious :rolleyes:

super 96 accord
01-29-2002, 11:53 AM
:hehehe: :hehehe: :hehehe:

Wow, that's too funny!! Too bad she didn't come up :toothless as well :devil:

I'm doing my engine VERY soon. Let me know exactly what engine you want and I'll start throwing that into my negotiations as well! Let me know soon though because I'm about to get mine.

RedY2KCivic
01-29-2002, 11:56 AM
hahaha
He'd probably be a little bit better off if she didn't:D

CRXkid
01-29-2002, 05:34 PM
i want the JDM integra GSR engine. its the B18. itd be sick if they would give us a deal. so who is this rick guy? does the old redline have as much stuff as the new one?

CRXkid
01-29-2002, 05:35 PM
I want either a 94 or 95 and under 5oK or so. thanks

RedY2KCivic
01-30-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by CRXkid
i want the JDM integra GSR engine. its the B18. itd be sick if they would give us a deal. so who is this rick guy? does the old redline have as much stuff as the new one?

Rick was the owner of RCJ Motorsports...they're gone now, and replaced by someone else in the same building. The old redline is in the process of moving to the new one, so no, there's not as much stuff there. I mean, you can still go there, but it's really crowded because all of the stuff is like all over the floor and stuff. :rolleyes: Still cool though :)

super 96 accord
01-30-2002, 12:35 AM
I asked him today and he wants to know if you care if it's smoggable or not?? He said it's about a $1K difference. I don't know why, but it is. So let me know :)

CRXkid
01-30-2002, 05:26 PM
dang, i would like for it to be smogable. thats a tough one. it depends on the final price. if its smogable and it aint too high, then i would say do that, but if thats too high the i might just say screw it and get in not smogable. know what i mean? thanks for talking to him for me? so do we get a better deal since we're gonna do it at the same time? thanks a lot.

Add your comment to this topic!