Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Can IS take a beating once in a while?

RWD Maniac
10-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Well I was wondering because i was playing with the eshift, which I had loads of fun with...

I just want to know how well can the IS take a rev or two with the eshift?

I did the following...
Highway..
Had it on eshift and ect power (gas gulper)
engine braking A LOT
went up to.. 5750 rpm at 5th gear(or 3rd.. or 4th.. i dunno, the lcd said 5th but i didnt feel the shift) (estimated, it was on the 3rd bar after 5000) I was also flooring the pedal.
hard acceleration without burning out (which I don't know if i can do with this e shift thingie..)
Down shift to quickly accelerate pass cars that can't drive... and used to cut lanes.

there is roughly 5400 miles on this car, its a 03 :) so fun so fun..

I dont do this all the time, this is the 4nd time 2nd day i played with it.. this much.
I did notice that the car doesnt switch gears too well if I was flooring the pedal, like it switches when I let go.. either that or I was gassing so hard I didnt realize it switched.
I just want to know if the car is smiling back right at me :evillol:

or crying for help.. i dont notice anything wrong with it, did anyone ever encounter problems? or don't recommend me doing this again? :nono: :banghead:

draxxus
01-04-2004, 02:31 AM
Dude, NOT IN YOUR BREAK IN PERIOD!!!!, this could mess up your car for the future, decreased accelleration, reliability, engine internal problems, i mean, its probably ok now, but no more, look up your break-in period, if you do it right, your car can gain horses after the period with nothing done to it.

Add your comment to this topic!