Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

FC3S questions

Soyo
10-14-2003, 10:39 PM
ok so I'm really close to buying a 91 rx-7 non-turbo, as long as the loan goes through, and if it doesn't I'm gonna be so pissed, $2200 98k 5spd, EXCELLENT engine, body is pretty nice, few hail dents, driver door lock is broken, one tiny tiny spot around spoiler where paint is bubbling, no rust though, electrical all works except passenger window switch doesn't work, but drivers side can work both so no biggie, windows go up and down a little sketchy but nothing too bad, oh and the mufflers are both rusting on the bottom, but I'll be getting an HKS exhaust as soon as I can afford it anyways, that FINALLY brings me to the point of this thread lol

ok so if I get this car I already know I'm getting the HKS hi-flow dual exhaust, I'm wondering where to look for headers and a downpipe, then what intake is the best for an RX-7? I know most cars AEM is the best but just want to make sure its the same here

I'm gonna get eibach pro-kit springs so what shocks should I get?

should I just totally take out the cats? theres no emissions in kansas so I'm cool there, that would give a better increase than highflow cats right? and be cheaper lol

and other suggestions on what to do after all that for a N/A 91 are always welcome, thanks

Jims5543
10-15-2003, 07:36 AM
Exhaust - If you take off the cat it will be VERY LOUD. Racing beat makes what I think is the best header for these cars. I have seen the Pacesetter and Racing Beat headers side by side and the racing beat is much nicer.

Racing beat makes a midpipe (cat replacement pipe) called a presilancer. It helps cut down the tinny noise RX-7's are famous for.

Suspension-
I race my rx-7 and I have Ground control coil overs on it. I used to run the racing beat spring / swaybar package on my car and loved it. It lowers the car about 1" and it was a well sorted well matched suspension setup.

As far as shocks go. KYB makes some great great shocks for good prices. Their AGX line is really good and is adjustible. But, if your only going to street drive it I would not waste my money on adjustibles. Just get a good set of shocks and you'll be lovin it.

Intake -
K&N makes a really nice filter for your car. I would look into that.

Add your comment to this topic!