LSVTEC TURBO or LS TURBO???

ivebenjamin
10-14-2003, 10:10 PM
Which is better, i've heard it both ways. Is it better to turbo non-vtec or vtec?
Also what would be the biggest bang for the buck out of the two.
I'm talking about building an engine to eventually run 11s-12s

jcrx
10-14-2003, 11:43 PM
Which is better, i've heard it both ways. Is it better to turbo non-vtec or vtec?
Also what would be the biggest bang for the buck out of the two.
I'm talking about building an engine to eventually run 11s-12s
Look here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/search.php?)

mattyoung33
10-15-2003, 06:48 AM
depends what you have for money... do you have enough for both options?

ivebenjamin
10-15-2003, 09:10 PM
i could have money for both but i'm looking for the biggest bang for the buck

tegdude
10-17-2003, 02:22 AM
ls/v-tec would be faster n/a than atleast 8lbs of boost on a ls unless you boost higher than 10-12lbs. but personaly i would go with ls/v-tec!

Miataracer
10-17-2003, 02:24 AM
what about the ls vtec reliability issues?

94tegRS
10-17-2003, 02:35 AM
either stay under 7500 rpms's or build the bottom end up, and its reliable, and as for what tegdud said, a VTEC head on a LS block wouldnt be faster than 8 pounds of boost on a B18B1. you could get it faster but LSVTEC vs. boosted B18B1 no contest there the boosted oen would own. and I have seen a daily driven 5th gen hatch with a boosted LSVTEC run an 11.4, and he had all the interior in there but the spare/jack. of course he had slicks on there, but still thats fast for a daily car, not sure if had tons of boosat on race gas at the track or what never actually talked ot him just saw the setup.

ivebenjamin
10-17-2003, 08:44 AM
i'm not talking about lsvtec vs. ls turbo. i'm saying lsvtec turbo or ls turbo. Which one would be faster for cheaper? aka which one would get me into the 11-12's cheaper?

94tegRS
10-17-2003, 02:21 PM
I was talking to tegdude, but LSVTEC would of course be cheaper than a boosted LSVTEC, cuz either way you have to actually build the LSVTEC and then add anohter 2500-3500 to boost the LSVTEC so it is 2500-3500 more than the NA LSVTEC, with that 25-3500 put into the all motor LSVTEC you could get some crazy cams, and all sorts of other crap, and a lagre shot of N2O. but the boosted one would come out on top still.

ivebenjamin
10-17-2003, 02:50 PM
no man, i'm saying is lsvtec turbo cheaper/better than LS turbo, not lsvtec non turbo

94tegRS
10-17-2003, 02:52 PM
ls turbo, for the money you spend on the vtec head and ecub and all that junk you could builf the LS bottom to handle much more boost. so the boosted LS is cheaper.

93weed_eater
10-17-2003, 09:00 PM
the lsvtec would still be better and could make more power. to make the ls vtec reliable anyways you need to build the bottom end up. so go ahead and throw in some forged internals and sleeves when you do the ls vtec. then do your own custom set up for the turbo. a built turbo ls vtec would own man.

94tegRS
10-18-2003, 03:10 AM
but he wants cheap as well, and if he doesnt plan on revving past 7k then bottom end is fine, also, since he wants cheap, you got a vtce head for around 400, a vtec ecu for say 100, harness/sensors/oil lines/etc..

and you got about 600-700 bucks towards the turbo kit for the LS, so best bang for the buck is the boosted LS, when he wanted to go LSVTEC later on all hed need to do is swap the head, turbo manifold would still bolt right up.

eckoman_pdx
10-18-2003, 06:46 AM
Here's the link to an old-ass Import Tuner Article on the LSVtec.
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0104it_frankenstein/

As the bottom dyno shows, of course you'll get more power with the LSVtec turbo. I know of a guy who built up his motor himself, a 500-hp boost LSVtec. I won't even get into the all that went into that motor, turbo system, fuel dilivery, etc. Anyways, but you want cheap too. If you are going to build up the bottom end, you can boost the hell out the the LS, no need to LSVtec. If you feel the need to Vtec it later, the swap heads and do an LSVtec. I wouldn't want to LSVtec. Unless you are doing it yourself, I'd never trust a frank motor build by someone I didn't know. It's not that it's hard, but it the shumk builds the frank wrong, your motor will run like shit. I would only do it if I were you, If I could do it myself, or knew full-well the person doing it has build reliable LSVtec's before. I personally would build up the LS (not LSVtec). Close the deck, stronger rods, port and polish, etc. You'll be capable of throwing a load of boost at the LS..it can handle 12psi on stock internals when properly tuned..so you can be sure you can throw more than enough at a built one. Build it up, close the deck, then put toghter a turbo and boost the hell out of the properly built motor. 20psi on that built motor, that should be well fast enough for you. Sorry I didn't get more in depth, I am tired, and have partaken in this discussion more than I care to remember. Use the search function, there are a few threads you'll apperiate on this topic, that will be very informative.

IMOTEPHT
04-22-2004, 04:59 AM
Hey take it from me because i am a huge fan of ls vtec and have been around them forever. It would be cheaper to go LS VTEC than LS turbo but i have rave alot of ls turbo integras and a few ls turbo hatch's and crx's when i had my all motor lsvtec crx and i use to beat most of them, I had a friend with a LS with a t3/t4 drag turbo at 7 lbs and i use to get him by a car length in a drag race and freeway and all i had was a ls block with a b16 head and a JDM header,cold air intake,exaust,msd/launcgh controller,cams and hondata and all motor like that i ran a 13.06 on drag radials and on slicks I got a 12.63 and before all that i had a ls vtec with only header and intake and i got high 13's on street tires all day. Now i got a fully built lsvtec turbo with the t6/t4x on with custom everything and its my daily driver still and pulls low 10's on full slicks and 18 lbs so dont ever expect to see that out of a ls none vtec turbo

94tegRS
04-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Hey take it from me because i am a huge fan of ls vtec and have been around them forever. It would be cheaper to go LS VTEC than LS turbo but i have rave alot of ls turbo integras and a few ls turbo hatch's and crx's when i had my all motor lsvtec crx and i use to beat most of them, I had a friend with a LS with a t3/t4 drag turbo at 7 lbs and i use to get him by a car length in a drag race and freeway and all i had was a ls block with a b16 head and a JDM header,cold air intake,exaust,msd/launcgh controller,cams and hondata and all motor like that i ran a 13.06 on drag radials and on slicks I got a 12.63 and before all that i had a ls vtec with only header and intake and i got high 13's on street tires all day. Now i got a fully built lsvtec turbo with the t6/t4x on with custom everything and its my daily driver still and pulls low 10's on full slicks and 18 lbs so dont ever expect to see that out of a ls none vtec turbo

have any proof of this??

sounds highly unlikely to me. you have a na LSVTEC in a CRX and beat CRX's with boosted LS's....

and you drive a 10 second daily driven honda, of course its 10 on slicks, with a turbo that big top get so much power to run a 10 must suck to drive every day, and how comfortable is it driving a gutted go cart daily??

I guess I can believe it cuz I saw a boosted LSVTEC in a 5th gen hatch hit mid 11's on slicks. but low 10's is far away from mid 11's.

IMOTEPHT
04-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Yeah i can totaly understand what you mean when you dont beleive that i drive a dail drvier in the low 10's, if someone were to tell me that i dont think i would believe them either haha. Now it is true i do use it as a dail driver and it pulled a 10.37 my best time ever and that was at high boost and daily i only boost 10-12 pounds and its actually not that bad for daily driving like you would think it would be, I have a friend that drives a 800 hp hatch that can do 9's or possibly quicker that daily drives it and it still looks stock and has full interior and everything and dail he uses only 10-12 lbs also and when i tell people this they think im full of shit but if you were to live out here you would know that im not lieing.

IMOTEPHT
04-23-2004, 12:44 AM
you know what to be honest with you i dont even expect you to beleive me on this cuz its rare and uncommon to see a car like that LOL.

94tegRS
04-23-2004, 01:12 AM
I had a hard time believing you about your car, now no way I believe you, if you posted a video of his car, close up showing full interior, then you back away and watch it go down the track and I see 9.xxx on the sign then I could beloievce it, but you two must be millionaires or something, because no other way about it. and no honda with full interior that is daily driven is gonna hit 8's, or 9's. you would have to have SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO much, SO SO much money under the hood to have an engine that you can pump 800 HP out of at the track and still be streetable/reliable enough for a daily driver, and ESPECIALLY with full interior. I mean I know a guy with a supercharged Z06 that dyno'ed at obnly 440 something at the rear wheels, 625 estimated at the crank supposedly, and your telling me your buddys little 4 cylinder pushes 200 HP more than this SC'd V8 and does it reliably?????

GScivic7
04-23-2004, 01:42 AM
ha lol...I just saw this guy's ITR post. puahahahaha...wanna bet he never shows his face again?

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1674653#post1674653

BTW: if you do come back, stop bringing back dead posts, especially if all your going to do is post a bunch of bullshit.

94tegRS
04-23-2004, 01:48 AM
oh I bet hell come back, but next time hell be talking about his all motor H22 CRX running 6 flat, and how he drives this cross country every weekend.

IMOTEPHT
04-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Well it is true and i will have to find a video somewhere of it to make you believe and it did dyno at 637 whp at low boost and did 811 at very higher boost.

94tegRS
04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
well, I was halfway right on my guess.

IMOTEPHT
04-24-2004, 01:08 AM
You know what when i go to the track in a couple of months for CMI I will record my times and then you i will take video of some of my dail driving and going to the street races and same with my friends 800 hp hatch

eckoman_pdx
04-24-2004, 03:44 AM
You know what when i go to the track in a couple of months for CMI I will record my times and then you i will take video of some of my dail driving and going to the street races and same with my friends 800 hp hatch

Okay man, your new so I am going to be nice and take it easy on you here when I explain a couple things.

1)DON'T BRING BACK DEAD THREADS...A dead thread is an old thread. Try not to post in old thread, thereby bringing them "back from the dead." This thread was 6 months old....half a year old...when you brought it back from the dead. When you post in dead-threads, it brigns them back to the top of the forum, and therefor knocks new and relavant threads further down the list. Bringing back dead threads is generally frowned upon for this reason here at AF, so try not to post in dead thread...always check the theard dates.

2)Don't BS people on here....they will find out and you will love the respect of most of the members...plenty of people show there faces here and try to BS, and most never come back once they are had. People will respect you for what you truly know. The have no respect for lies, pretending to have knowledge, making up stories and what they have done mod wise and performance wise . Stick to the truth, that will get you respect. Lie, and you'll find this can be and unfriendly place. With that not....let this thread die...let is rest in peace like is was before.

IMOTEPHT
04-24-2004, 03:15 PM
BS HAHAHA your a bunch of BS-BULLSHIT LMAO

94tegRS
04-24-2004, 05:28 PM
BS HAHAHA your a bunch of BS-BULLSHIT LMAO

anyone able to make sense of this one, cuz personally I am lost.

jcrx
04-24-2004, 05:35 PM
anyone able to make sense of this one, cuz personally I am lost.
Loosely translated it says "I'm a fucking moron", but I haven't been brushing up on my dipshit speak lately, so I could be wrong.

SilverY2KCivic
04-25-2004, 03:15 AM
Loosely translated it says "I'm a fucking moron", but I haven't been brushing up on my dipshit speak lately, so I could be wrong.

Bahahahahaha!!!!

Not even Steph Papadikas runs that much HP in his now RWD Civic. If you were honestly pushing 800hp, then 9 seconds would be slow as all hell for a time.

This bullshit turned thread is now closed. Go get a contract with the IDRC and then we'll believe you. :rolleyes:

Add your comment to this topic!