different exhaust prices

Soyo
10-13-2003, 08:56 PM
ok on HKSUSA.com their dual hi-power exhaust is $1005( http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=715&rsku=3836 ) and on nopi.com the same HKS exhaust is only $850( http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsppartdetail&vmakeid=220&vmodelid=170&vcatyear=1991&vnopinum=001%2B2269&vTitle=1991%20MAZDA%20RX7%20Exhaust%20Cat-Back%20Exhaust%20System&vaffid=0 )... how could they offer it so much cheaper? is maybe something needed for install missing or is it just a good price?

pasha
10-18-2003, 01:57 AM
its called marketing..

guitarbarb87rx7
10-29-2003, 04:07 AM
The reason one is so much more than the other is because the expensive one is for a dual exhaust system and the cheaper price is for a single side only.

Jims5543
10-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Have you tried Corksport?

http://www.corksport.com/main.php3?primNavIndex=1&;

They make a really nice Cat-back for less than $300.

http://www.corksport.com/content/00/01/06/61/73/shop/products/images/725499.jpg

Jims5543
10-29-2003, 03:58 PM
I personally have the Apexi N-1 Single. My friend just bought the Corksport single and its really nice good quality and half the price of my N-1. If I had to do it over I would have bought the Corksport.

Soyo
10-30-2003, 05:35 PM
actually they are both dual, if you read it "HKS-HI POWER Cat-Back Sys RX7 Non-Turbo 86-91 Dual" and I want dual so its a no on the corksport

dayna240sx
10-30-2003, 06:00 PM
The best exhaust?

http://www.racingbeat.com/resultset.asp?PartNumber=16420

BlackLabel6542
10-30-2003, 08:12 PM
I HAVE THOSE MUFFLERS
they sound great and give a little more hp even though i have a pretty bad exhaust leak right now and am too lazy to fix till tomorrow... or the next day...
i will be getting the header and downpipe from www.racingbeat.com also i will return with results of that

Jims5543
10-31-2003, 08:26 AM
The best exhaust?

http://www.racingbeat.com/resultset.asp?PartNumber=16420

Good for an N/A or a stock Turbo. I would never put that on a Turbo RX-7 that is modded. Single is the way to go on a Modded Turbo.

Soyo - I forgot you had an N/A (duh look at the sig) Dual looks good. I would keep shopping around.

Apexi N-1 Dual for $499 - I love the N-1's looks. Racing beat is great if you want a stock look. I wanted to clue in the guy behind me that he might not want to mess with me. :D

Here is a link for the Apexi N-1 dual.

http://www.rx-7parts.com/default.php/cPath/57

There are so many out there. Keep looking you'll find one you like or for the right price.

dayna240sx
10-31-2003, 04:32 PM
Good for an N/A or a stock Turbo. I would never put that on a Turbo RX-7 that is modded. Single is the way to go on a Modded Turbo.

are you sure?

You should let me hand you, your ass with My T II

I didn't need an REW to break into the 12's. I can prolly borrow my friends RB cat-back and still run with you/

I am not attacking, any stock bodied 2nd gen in 12's is respectible, but not respecting RB is sacriledge.

The HUGE ass tips are over done.. if you really want to be cool, buy the RB downpipe, and then have a piece of 3" ss made(with a bend and flange) for side exhuast... have the opening come out just in front of the rear passenger tire...

I can copy mine for you if you want...

OR i have a complete section from the RB downpipe back in 3" to a wye pipe into two 2.5" sections, to dual Supertraps.... all SS

even though it was dual you could still hear my turbo spooling at idle...

Soyo
11-01-2003, 02:05 AM
ok basically it goes like this, my preference is HKS, my cousin has an HKS exhaust and loves it, it looks and sounds great and gave good gains. so does anyone know anything about the HKS hi-power dual exhaust specifically that they'd like to tell me?

Entreri33
11-01-2003, 02:22 AM
I had a single N1 but I wish I had gotten the dual sounded sweet.

Jims5543
11-01-2003, 03:07 PM
are you sure?

You should let me hand you, your ass with My T II

I didn't need an REW to break into the 12's. I can prolly borrow my friends RB cat-back and still run with you/

I am not attacking, any stock bodied 2nd gen in 12's is respectible, but not respecting RB is sacriledge.

The HUGE ass tips are over done.. if you really want to be cool, buy the RB downpipe, and then have a piece of 3" ss made(with a bend and flange) for side exhuast... have the opening come out just in front of the rear passenger tire...

I can copy mine for you if you want...

OR i have a complete section from the RB downpipe back in 3" to a wye pipe into two 2.5" sections, to dual Supertraps.... all SS

even though it was dual you could still hear my turbo spooling at idle...

First of all my TII is NOT a 1/4 mile car. I post up the 1/4 mile time because that is the only think most people can relate to as far as a car being bad ass. I will tell you about my Autocross achievements but most people gloss over and cannot comprehend it. Its all about HP and 1/4 mile times to most. The fact that this car can outhandle Vipers, Z-06's and Factory Five Cobra's as well as most supercars doesn't mean shit to many.

As far as handing me my ass?? Lets Autocross!! Thats what I built this car for I have a small turbo on it and have it tuned very very conservative. I can easily make close to 400rwhp but opt not too. It would be too much for the car and its setup. I frequently get the fastest fendered car of the day honors with this measly little car. WE just recently did a venue in Gainsville where we were hitting 100 MPH. I took FTD again beating some impressive hardware.

BTW - I ran a 12.6 shifting 2K RPM short of redline and launching it easy. (I had not dyno tuned yet so I now have 50 more RWHP since that pass, plus my 60' was 2.1 seconds.) I have a very stiff suspension in my car and it does not transfer weight to the rear like a normal 1/4 mile car. We are pretty sure this car is in the 11's now. Just dont have to time to waste going back to the 1/4 mile strip to see. Plus I am still trying to get my rollcage installed. I will be kicked out next time at the 1/4 mile strip.

Hard core tuners know the Racing Beat is too restrictive for a heavily modded turbo. Most everyone I know with heavily modded cars go true 3" or more all the way back and go single. The dual is nothing more than a decoration plus it cuases unwanted turbulance/backpessure in a turbo car.

So your saying a N-1 single is old news and played out??

Tell me where you want to race 1/4 mile or preferably Autocross and I'll be happy to accept your challange. If your within resonable driving distance I have no problem traveling to you.

Jims5543
11-01-2003, 03:14 PM
Indiana!! Hey Rotary Revolution is coming up we might head up to Indianapolis for it next year.

Make sure you come out we will line them up. Plus there will be Autocross and road courses. Perfect.

http://www.revolutionmktg.net/

See you there.

dayna240sx
11-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Indiana!! Hey Rotary Revolution is coming up we might head up to Indianapolis for it next year.

Make sure you come out we will line them up. Plus there will be Autocross and road courses. Perfect.

http://www.revolutionmktg.net/

See you there.

AGAIN!!! i wasn't attacking you, just defending Racing beat...

My point about handing you your ass, is the fact that my drivetrain is tuned to the point where it can flow well pretty much on anything, and when you are at the level of tune I (and possibly you) are then it really does not matter about your cat-back..

I'll soon have 3" side exhaust, and have considered shelving this TII from street use to become a dedicated AUTOX car.

My car is, uh not set up for anything right now. It could be though... Where will the autoX be??? if at grissom we can work out a pro solo course...

I would be in for a friendly race..

please note that I am again replying in a friendly rotary owner to rotary owner manner.... Start a feud would be stupid... the though if future conversations we could have concerning port-timing and the logistics of a seamless C-port make it not worth it...

I'll try to make it there... if so, I'll likely be there in a Silver TII with White Rays, with my friend in a black primer (possibly painted like the 787B by that time) GSL-SE.

I'm Sure you'll hear us coming..

BTW, I had the N1 dual on my 240 SX. it is a great system, but not the best for the TII< especially concidering that the original intent for the thread wasn't exactly to argue one hardcore exhaust over another for a TII, but prices for an N/A.... Knowing him he will not be tuning this car to our level.

Jims5543
11-01-2003, 06:59 PM
I never took your post as an attack. You did however dismiss my 12 sec 1/4 mile time as easily achievable. You told me you would hand me my ass.

When someone tells me they can hand me my ass in a race it makes me laugh. My car ran a 12.6 over 6 months ago a lot has been done to it since then. You have no clue who you are racing against. I am pretty confident I am up for the task. Concieted?? Call it what you will. After I whooped up on the best Autocrossers of this country in the Mazda-Rev-It-Up in Miami (3rd place out of 1500) I felt like maybe I had been underestimating myself. I would have been in Topeka this year trying to dethrone Steve Obleans but I had a small family matter to tend to that arrived 5 days before the nationals.

There always next year:

My small family matter:
http://www.nopistons.com/forums/uploads/post-23-1067735301.jpg

BlackLabel6542
11-05-2003, 07:57 PM
i just ordered my Road Race Header from www.racingbeat.com supposed to get it tomorrow. i also ordered 2 presilencers from them because i dont need any more modified exhaust tickets.
my comlpete exhaust:
roadrace header from racingbeat - $170
presilencer for each pipe from racingbeat - 2 @ $140 each
2 inch straight pipe from a local muffler shop ??? waiting for header/presilencers
racingbeat nonturbo RX-7 mufflers from racingbeat 2 @ $220 each

total price = $890 + piping
kinda costly but hoping for great sound and preformace
will report on sound after i get the header and presilencers installed

Jims5543
11-06-2003, 05:55 AM
Sound prediction:

Insanly loud.

I know a dude in Miami with the full BR exhaust on his n/a when we would all cruise together no one wanted to be behind him. His exhasut was so loud it would make my car go wawawawa inside when behind him. It would make you loopy.

When take the Cat off of a n/a be ready for some niose.

I never said I didn't like it though I love the sound of a loud rotary.

Soyo
11-06-2003, 11:14 PM
my cousin has an 88 GTU with HKS exhaust and he took out all 3 cats and his isn't that loud, its really nice and deep though, although a header could make a big difference so maybe thats why your friends was so loud?

Add your comment to this topic!