Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Replace Brakes?

Ape
10-13-2003, 06:32 PM
I just took my G35 into the dealer for the 15,000 service and was advised that they brakes are about ready to be replaced. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this quick of a brake rundown? I do not have what I would consider excessive braking conditions that I have driven the car under, and feel that this sounds premature for a need for brakes.

Outback
12-21-2003, 01:16 PM
I had my G35 in for it's 24,000Km service and they replaced the front pads and rotors under warranty. The mechanica comments on the work order were " grinding noise from front brakes, replace front pads and rotors". I'm not sure what to make of it either but I plan on keeping an eye on it.

rclatter
08-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Yeah my brake light kept coming on and going off. I would reseat the emergency brake and ussually it would go off. Thought the emergency brake needed to be adjusted. Nope, that's how the G indicates your pads are gettin' low. Dealer replaced them at about 20 - said that's about the most he had seen the brake pads go. Oh well. Most of other manufacturers would have said tough sh!t - at least infiniti stepped up with a little help.

Pintle
01-18-2006, 12:25 PM
I bought a G-35 sedan new in May 2003. Got an unsolicited factory warranty coupon in the mail in 2004 to replace the brakes if they wore out before 35K miles. Well, they went at 30K miles, and had the brakes replaced by the dealer free. Since then, I've had them replaced again at my cost at 53K miles. Still love the car!!

Stealth91
09-22-2007, 12:58 PM
that is interesting that the brakes are wearing out so fast. I wonder if Infiniti uses organic brake pads because those wear out faster. Either that or i think they use softer brake material than other companies.

Add your comment to this topic!