Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 WRC Great Britain

Cavallino
10-13-2003, 06:18 AM
I want to go to this but ive never been before so im looking for advice. I plan on taking the train down from London, but i dont know what to do after that. Would it be easier to hitch rides to and from stages in Cardiff and stay in a hotel nearby or just rent a car and sleep in the woods in the car parks? Would a car i rented in Wales have the steering wheel on the right or left, and which side of the road do they drive on? I imagine they drive just like the British, but i dont know for sure. Any advice anyone can give is more then welcome. Cheers.

freakray
10-13-2003, 07:25 AM
Considering the location of Cardiff relative to London, you would take the train up and across to Cardiff.

Wales is part of GB, the steering wheel is on the right just like it is in the rest of GB and you drive on the left side of the road, just like in the rest of GB.

Look up the Rally GB website, it will more than likely give you advice on accomodation and all the like.

Where will you be travelling from initially? It may be cheaper to catch the National Express to Cardiff.

Cavallino
10-13-2003, 08:32 AM
Just traveling from London to Cardiff, then back to London when the festivities are ended.

freakray
10-13-2003, 08:53 AM
Then I would recommend checking out the National Express, last time I checked they were cheaper than going by rail.

gnasha
10-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Then I would recommend checking out the National Express, last time I checked they were cheaper than going by rail.
Definitly take anything other than the British railway, it's always late, dead expensive, and your chance of survival will be a lot higher. :iceslolan
National Express is good if you not in the rush. their timetable is sometime a bit weird but it should be ok between London and Cardiff.
But if your planning to rent a car at Cardiff why not renting it from London. Be aware you'll have to plan it if you want to move between specials with it, it's only narrow roads and easily jammed.
I went to one of the specials 2 years ago and it took us an hour to do 1.5km.
Anyway here the official site if you need more info:
http://www.walesrallygb.com/

Add your comment to this topic!