97 eclipse spyder Pic/nice or rice?

SpyderEclipseGst
10-12-2003, 10:05 PM
Finally got pics of my car with new paint job. Nice or Rice?

Zero8985
10-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Rice to me would be if you used more than one color in the paint job. Yours is solid, and it looks nice in my opinion. But remember, Red is the color thats pulled over most. :D

crankwalk 2g
10-12-2003, 11:52 PM
looks really sweet :naughty:

but the chrome wipers and rims gotta go :disappoin

just my :2cents:

turbo2nr
10-12-2003, 11:57 PM
yea
crome isnt graet

SpyderEclipseGst
10-13-2003, 12:17 AM
looks really sweet :naughty:

but the chrome wipers and rims gotta go :disappoin

just my :2cents:

Yeah those 18's got me 14.1 1/4 mile. Just wonderin what i can do with stocks.. chromes might be getting sold. gunna run 19's black gunmetal no?

Zero8985
10-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Honestly, if you wanna be happy with it, do what YOU want. Otherwise, you won't be happy. If you do what everyone else does or likes, you might not like it. The only thing i could say about the 19's though is they'll probably rub unless you trimmed your wheel wells. I have chrome wipers, chrome washers, hopefully chrome 18's soon, and changing my emblem to the 3g's chrome one. I like the gunmetal/chrome look on my car, but that's just what i like.

TurbosR4me
10-13-2003, 02:57 AM
Exactly, if your happy with it, who the hell cares wut others think? Its your ride, not the popular majorities

crankwalk 2g
10-13-2003, 07:30 AM
Yeah those 18's got me 14.1 1/4 mile. Just wonderin what i can do with stocks.. chromes might be getting sold. gunna run 19's black gunmetal no?

Gunmetal rims on your car would look awesome, you might want to stick to 18's the 19's could give you problems.

Honestly, if you wanna be happy with it, do what YOU want. Otherwise, you won't be happy. If you do what everyone else does or likes, you might not like it. The only thing i could say about the 19's though is they'll probably rub unless you trimmed your wheel wells. I have chrome wipers, chrome washers, hopefully chrome 18's soon, and changing my emblem to the 3g's chrome one. I like the gunmetal/chrome look on my car, but that's just what i like.

Exactly, if your happy with it, who the hell cares wut others think? Its your ride, not the popular majorities

As for you two, the man asked us for his opinion therefor I tell him what I do and do not like about his car as well as any ideas that I might have, he doesn't have to like my opinion but he did ask for it.

In the end he only does what he wants and what he can afford to do not what anyone tells him.

Zero8985
10-13-2003, 09:27 AM
I never there was anything wrong with giving your opinions, i gave mine. I was replying to SpyderEclipseGst's "gunna run 19's black gunmetal no?" statement. If you took any offense to that, Crankwalk, you shouldn't have, and it isn't your place to talk for him like that, either.

95_GSX
10-13-2003, 10:49 AM
hey your spyder looks good, the chrome wipers could go, the wheels look good on the car although in my opinion 18" wheels are still alright, i wouldnt go any bigger. i personaly like 17". thats my :2cents:

SpyderEclipseGst
10-13-2003, 12:11 PM
hey your spyder looks good, the chrome wipers could go, the wheels look good on the car although in my opinion 18" wheels are still alright, i wouldnt go any bigger. i personaly like 17". thats my :2cents:

thanks fellas i appreciate your opinions. I know ill get a few negative comments, but i made this thread expecting to. So hey its just a rice/or nice opinion poll basically. All the extra comments are welcome. I like the debates and what others would do or not do. like yeah the chrome whipers are commin off. Kinda rice now that i think of it..as well as the rims... ALOT of offers off the street for my rims.. i think ima take the higest bidder now that i can get my 19 gun metals for cheap. Just bent the back walls for room. Pics will come as followed. but keep the comments comming.

Japmetal
10-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Ditch the wipers, but keep the rims :) [especially ditch the wipers if you're getting non-chromed rims !]

Misundaztood
10-13-2003, 10:23 PM
I'd roll in that.:cool:

Though I'm not feeling the rims or the wipers.

Dude weres my dsm?
10-14-2003, 10:28 AM
Ditch the rims the wipers and the blitz front bumper, not trying to offend you but its just my own :2cents:

FourG63 97GST
10-14-2003, 11:48 AM
So whats under the hood?

Dude weres my dsm?
10-14-2003, 12:16 PM
lol yeah take a pic of your engine bay and show us lol even if it is stock, ill give you mad respect for not takeing another engine from another pic lol I am proud of my stock "beast" lol

SpyderEclipseGst
10-14-2003, 12:32 PM
lol yeah take a pic of your engine bay and show us lol even if it is stock, ill give you mad respect for not takeing another engine from another pic lol I am proud of my stock "beast" lol

Actually what ill do is show my car stock black with rims then a nice pic under the hood. Youll have to wait and see whats under the hood. Unless you read what ive got *no fun*

spartu5
10-14-2003, 07:59 PM
it is complete rice

FourG63 97GST
10-14-2003, 08:51 PM
Actually what ill do is show my car stock black with rims then a nice pic under the hood.

or you can just tell us :wink:

Spectrum
10-15-2003, 12:24 AM
Its nice rice, but still rice.

SpyderEclipseGst
10-15-2003, 01:59 PM
or you can just tell us :wink:

Mods are as follows, Ill get a pic of engine up early this weekend to early into next week to replace my rice of a pic I got now.
Mods are stated in the order I bought and installed them.
1. Intake/ just the filter via gst's dont need the whole metal connector to the turbo. The stock helps to release heat takin to the turbo.
2. spark plugs/wires. <---got my biggest hps gains EVER..*giggle*
3. 2 1/2 inch cat back exhaust..custom.
3. turbo xs dual stage boost controller/gauge set stock 16 psi 2nd stage 19 psi.
4. walbro 255 fuel pump. for that o so deaded fuel cut.
5. Lower and upper i/c piping. Noticed alot quicker spool time here.
6. greddy tpye s BOV. venting into the atmosphere. running rich with alot of backfireing from the exhaust. closed back up.
7. Custom 3 inch down pipe /w flanges. <---biggest noticeable hp gains *serious* yep even than the boostconroller set to 16 psi.
Now that my mods are posted honda boys thinkr I should run a 15.3 at best 1/4 mile time. Just check the thread I posted h22 turbo crx vs spider eclipse gst. Man that would just be a waist of money and time.

Dude weres my dsm?
10-15-2003, 02:03 PM
Nice wish list of mods... lmao im jk, yeah. take the kit off and the rims and the wipers and you have a kool car il gte pics of mine up soon, i just dont know how to work my digital camera yet. :screwy:

SpyderEclipseGst
10-15-2003, 02:04 PM
it is complete rice

See, I knew it! *sob* That does it im trading it in for a car like yours. Oh wait, you drive what? nevermind ill just keep my rice.

Dude weres my dsm?
10-15-2003, 02:21 PM
lmao i drive a black eclipse, and its not that i dont like your car, its just that its not my "thang" lol id still drive it tho... it is nice... kinda.. just the body kit ...

FourG63 97GST
10-15-2003, 07:03 PM

with this quote and that modlist, I dont see how a convertable with 18" chrome runnin a 14.1

oh well, props to you :wink:

Dude weres my dsm?
10-16-2003, 10:20 AM
it is complete rice

spartu5 just because you dont like it doesnt mean everyone doesnt have to... now i like it, i just nt feelin the rims or the wipers, i can deal with the blitz kit, just dont add a aluminum wing lmao, jk, its YOUR car, do what you want as long as your happy tell everyone who gives you shit "Wanna Race?" Thats what i say, They shut up real quick, tho im still stock, everyone else has stock hondas and the dsm comes out on top

Dude weres my dsm?
10-16-2003, 10:23 AM
See, I knew it! *sob* That does it im trading it in for a car like yours. Oh wait, you drive what? nevermind ill just keep my rice.

LMAO I just realized you were talking to spartu5 lmao my bad lol

spartu5
10-16-2003, 07:32 PM
spartu5 just because you dont like it doesnt mean everyone doesnt have to... now i like it, i just nt feelin the rims or the wipers, i can deal with the blitz kit, just dont add a aluminum wing lmao, jk, its YOUR car, do what you want as long as your happy tell everyone who gives you shit "Wanna Race?" Thats what i say, They shut up real quick, tho im still stock, everyone else has stock hondas and the dsm comes out on top

STFU!!

Did I say that I didnt like it or that everyone else had to like it?? NO!!

I just said it was complete rice...which it is...

Boy you are real cool, beating stock cars...

Quit trying to start chit.

SpyderEclipseGst
10-17-2003, 01:51 AM
STFU!!

Did I say that I didnt like it or that everyone else had to like it?? NO!!

I just said it was complete rice...which it is...

Boy you are real cool, beating stock cars...

Quit trying to start chit.

You drive a 1987 honda civic? What are you still in grade school? Damn why do I always end up getting in nick picks with little boys. I could do anything with my car as long as I choose to. I want to hit the 10's. Ok i sell my rims. Gut my car. Invest in a 20g /w front mount. Buy slicks for the fwd. Boom there ya go buddy. All I have to say. with 4 grand i could make my spyder awd and forget the slicks ill do it on street tires. And belive it when I say this chump. My funds make that a possiblility. But I choose to have a house, 2nd vehicle, and a car thats just as good looking as it is fast. Now how does 18's become rice.. Thats $1900 I could have put into performance and been done with this already. But in this case i choose not to. Not just because i want to be fast. I want to look good doing it. I will never waist my time telling you about a honda kill. Its 99% of the time not even a race. Its usually over from the first chirp of tires! And Im pretty sure most ppl in this forum will agree. Even your honda buddys agree. Just look at the honda vs. eclipse threads. Dsms just always come out on top. Not just hondas tho. Fords, chevys, trans ams, and the like. Modded vs modded = dsm ownage!!!

spartu5
10-19-2003, 06:30 PM
You drive a 1987 honda civic? What are you still in grade school? Damn why do I always end up getting in nick picks with little boys. I could do anything with my car as long as I choose to. I want to hit the 10's. Ok i sell my rims. Gut my car. Invest in a 20g /w front mount. Buy slicks for the fwd. Boom there ya go buddy. All I have to say. with 4 grand i could make my spyder awd and forget the slicks ill do it on street tires. And belive it when I say this chump. My funds make that a possiblility. But I choose to have a house, 2nd vehicle, and a car thats just as good looking as it is fast. Now how does 18's become rice.. Thats $1900 I could have put into performance and been done with this already. But in this case i choose not to. Not just because i want to be fast. I want to look good doing it. I will never waist my time telling you about a honda kill. Its 99% of the time not even a race. Its usually over from the first chirp of tires! And Im pretty sure most ppl in this forum will agree. Even your honda buddys agree. Just look at the honda vs. eclipse threads. Dsms just always come out on top. Not just hondas tho. Fords, chevys, trans ams, and the like. Modded vs modded = dsm ownage!!!

the 18's arent rice, just your chrome ones are..

Where do you people get off saying that I said you couldnt do whatever you wanted to your car? You asked for opinions, I gave you mine..

My civic is a 91 btw, two different body styles..I dont know why my profile says 87.

Black_dain
10-20-2003, 05:05 AM

word. You can do what the phuck you feel and make the car an experssion of your own personallity, If you think it look good then roll with it........Oh yeah what type of suspension are you going with right now for your 18's?

SpyderEclipseGst
10-20-2003, 12:32 PM
word. You can do what the phuck you feel and make the car an experssion of your own personallity, If you think it look good then roll with it........Oh yeah what type of suspension are you going with right now for your 18's?

Im curently useing eiboch springs. had to lower the car 3 times because of camber problems and height. 1st set was progress springs 2 inch drop. That gave me alot of neg camber and car was too low. 2nd set was r1 racing coilovers. Those things coudent handle the weight of my car and my front end came down on rough train tracks.. That one hurt. Then i went with the eiboch springs. A 1 and a half inch drop. This gave me no neg camber in the front and slight neg camber in the back. Dont ask me how, I just do....(weird). But ride is smooth but struts come and go like oil changes. They just dont last long...

BoostedSpyder
10-20-2003, 06:58 PM
If you got a ton of go with your ton of show, u be good to go... speaking of go, those the wipers got to, and i like the idea of gunmetal 19's... 19's look perfect in the wells, although i'm not sure of the racing characteristics...

BoostedSpyder
10-20-2003, 07:09 PM
btw, what struts are you going thru? i've got eibach's and kyb struts, and am deciding between tien or tanabe coilovers, but in the meantime i've had tokico struts highly reconded... also if you really want to show your ride check this out: my ride is @ http://members.cardomain.com/djvc1 ... check it out, you can navigate form there to get your ride up on the site. there isn't a performance network like this, but it's fun none the less...

SpyderEclipseGst
10-21-2003, 01:57 PM
btw, what struts are you going thru? i've got eibach's and kyb struts, and am deciding between tien or tanabe coilovers, but in the meantime i've had tokico struts highly reconded... also if you really want to show your ride check this out: my ride is @ http://members.cardomain.com/djvc1 ... check it out, you can navigate form there to get your ride up on the site. there isn't a performance network like this, but it's fun none the less...

Im running thru stock struts like oil....ill have to look into the tokico's. Yeah ive been to the cardomain. Alot of funny shit there..The Anti Rice to be one of them. Your ride is clean bud. Any track times? Still running stock turbo? About to recieve my 14b.. but I think im going to re sell this one and go for the evo 111. I just need some more go with my show...

Add your comment to this topic!