Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Idle hunting problems

rx3boy
10-12-2003, 03:12 AM
My R32 has a bad hunting problem at idle,Hunts between 400rpm may stall at times, then back up to 1000rpm then back down etc, whether it's hot or cold! I have played around with the idle screw and the tps, which has made it a bit better, but still hunts! Anyone have any idea's on what the problem may be! I have heard skylines have a lot of problems with the Air Flow Meter and O2 sensor. What problems and effect do they have if faulty? Any help would be appreciated!

RazorGTR
10-13-2003, 01:31 AM
Check for vaccume leaks in any of the rubber hosing or boost leak in the rubber joins. If all that is cool I would look at either the TPS or air flow meter. It is a common problem and I have been through this a few times with different skylines. The AFM is a real problem.

Ebola 33-t
01-18-2004, 07:01 PM
Mine has a real problem when the aircon is on, i think its because the motec computer doesnt allow for aircon affecting the idle speed.

Chip in Oki
07-31-2004, 08:35 AM
I had the same problem with my 96 GTS-T and consulted on of my Japanese friends. He told me to spray down the screen on the air flow meter with carb cleaner on the screen, let it dry, and then bolt it back on. Never had the problem again. Hope this helps.

CrashGordon
09-23-2004, 10:26 AM
I wouldnt use carbe cleaner, It make plastic britle. I used a product called electric contact cleaner, and it wors pretty good.

RazorGTR
09-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Generally with AFM's it is dry solder joints on the circut board inside them. 99.9% of the ones that are faulty that will be the case. I've had mine on the GTR rebuilt and have not had issues since.

Add your comment to this topic!