Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

airbrush to cans to airbrush to cans!

Integra14
10-11-2003, 01:05 PM
thats waht my mind is on right now.. Ive tried my airbrush a lot, and i can't get a good coat set with it... i really want to go back to tamiya cans but i thik ive invested to much money into the airbrush!!! its soo hard and i always get orangpeal, and MOst of the time.. i get little Spits taht ruin the whole paint! please help me... would pictures help of the paintjob?and the

hirofkd
10-11-2003, 07:07 PM
It's nothing wrong to mess up, when you're learning. I trashed more kits than I can count with both hands to be satisfied with the result.
Just post pictures, so that we can figure out what you are doing wrong and to give more specific advice.

djmr2
10-11-2003, 10:35 PM
I say, if the color you want is available in Cans, use the cans, as it's way easier to get good coverage and a thick enough coat that won't you won't polish through. It takes alot of coats with an airbrush, well at least thats what' i've noticed. Airbrushes are better off for detailing than at spraying huge areas with paint.

chaos
10-12-2003, 12:45 AM
I know the feeling mate. What paints are you using? I gave it a go with tamiya acrylics.

Add your comment to this topic!