Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Revell's latest new product announcements

ZoomZoomMX-5
10-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Here's the latest Revell announcements. Some interesting stuff, especially for the tuner crowd.

PLASTIC KITS (1/25th scale except where noted):
Dick Landy ’68 Dart GTS w/Landy figure
’24 Ford Roadster “Big T” with some new parts, 1:8 scale
'65 Mustang fastback - reissue with stock parts 1:24
'69 Charger Daytona - reissue
'70 Mustang Boss 302, 1:24
'92 Thunderbird Lowrider
'93 Honda Civic Tuner with clear hood
'99 Mitsubishi Eclipse Tuner with clear hood
’04 Chevy Impala Police Car - Snap - new tool
’04 Corvette Coupe - Snap
’05 Corvette C6 - new tool
’05 Mustang GT - new tool
Shelby Cobra 427 S/C - reissue 1:24
Honda CRX Tuner
Chaparral 2D, 1:24
1:24/1:25 Walnut finish display case
1:18 Walnut finish display case

1/25 METAL BODY KITS:
Lowrider Magazine Custom Cadillac (early 80's full size Coupe de Ville lowrider)
Tomb Raider Jeep Rubicon
Smokey & the Bandit Firebird
CSI Miami Hummer H2
Swamp Monster Monster Truck
Mummy Animated Chevy Monster Truck
Scorpion King Ford Monster Truck
Psycho Hummer Monster Truck

1/6th SCALE METAL KITS:
NASCAR Engine
Hemi Engine
427 Ford Engine
Chevy Z-28

ASSEMBLED 1/25th DIECAST with FIGURE
Tomb Raider Jeep with figure
Smokey & Bandit with figure
'64 Chevy Hardtop with figure
'65 Chevy Convertible with figure
CSI Miami Hummer H2 with figure

1/32 SLOT CARS
Mustang GT-350R
March 83G

We will never convince Revell that tuners should be 1/24 vs. 1/25th. The '93 Civic and '99 Eclipse tuners are plastic (wonder if they're tooling a plastic body for the diecast kit?). The C6 Corvette and '05 Mustang GT should be very interesting. I want to know more about the CRX, what year, etc. We'll learn more details soon, I hope.

Jonno
10-09-2003, 09:25 AM
I am also quite intrested on the '05 Mustang GT, I am not really a Ford fan, but I like the look of the prototype...

Also the 1:8 '24 Ford Roadster, is that a whole car kit? it seems pretty big! :icon16:

zerrocool
10-09-2003, 09:27 AM
honda crx tuner hm fujimi rebox maybe?

ZoomZoomMX-5
10-09-2003, 09:47 AM
I am also quite intrested on the '05 Mustang GT, I am not really a Ford fan, but I like the look of the prototype...

Also the 1:8 '24 Ford Roadster, is that a whole car kit? it seems pretty big! :icon16:

The production GT looks very similar to the concept, but typical for Ford, it loses a bit in translation. Go to Autoweek.com, to their message board called "combustion chamber", scroll down to "future sheetmetal", and open up and go through several pages on the '05 Mustang, you'll see production-trim pics of an unmasked GT. I got to sit in the gray concept coupe in Chicago! :naughty: :smokin: :iceslolan

I'm looking forward to the '05 'Stang and C6 Corvette models. And guardedly optimistic about the upcoming tuners. CRX sounds interesting, I want more details.

Yep, the 1/8th kits are for real. The '32 Ford Highboy roadster is pretty sweet. You should see Testors 1/4 scale Hemi...I want the model that goes around this beast! :icon16:

gasman03
10-09-2003, 10:18 AM
this is a good list from Revell, alot of stuff thats is wanted, like a "good" 99 Eclipse, 93 plastic 2dr Civic is very nice to see, I hope they have stock parts in it , and a CRX is deffinenltly one i'm looken foward to

its good to see all the "new" tools, like the 04 Impala cop car, I enjoy build police cars and I can't wait to get my hands on it to do a Pittsburgh Police car.

the 05 Mustang surprised me at first, did'nt expect too see it at thats fast. also the 05 Vette, which keeps the streak going, every single year from 53-05 there is a Corvette kit,

ALot of people bashed Revell back in early September for not annoucing new kits, I think this list makes up for it.

CamaroSSBoy346
10-09-2003, 10:34 AM
92 thunderbird :)

ZoomZoomMX-5
10-09-2003, 10:40 AM
every single year from 53-05 there is a Corvette kit,

Actually, neither AMT nor Revell did an '03 anniversary car (they did do an assembled promo). The '01 convertible and '04 coupe will look just like the '03 non-anniversary, and I hope some aftermarket company does the decals so a proper '03 anniversary car can be built.
the 05 Mustang surprised me at first, did'nt expect too see it at thats fast.
One of the Revell guys hinted very strongly at Chicago to a kit of the new Mustang, by saying they'd "almost have to do it, it's too significant a car and we've done so many Mustangs before it".

The same comments can be said about the C6 Corvette as well.
ALot of people bashed Revell back in early September for not annoucing new kits, I think this list makes up for it.
True, but I'm wondering why they're announcing so much new stuff, while most all of the previously announced stuff from '02 RCHTA and '03 Toy Fair in NY is far from hitting the shelves. Most of what was announced in February for 2003 won't be out until the first half of '04. I'll bet most of what we've just seen announced isn't on the shelves until well into 2005. I was kind of glad Revell didn't announce much at RCHTA, since they're always pushing back release dates. There's only so much the system can handle. I'm just glad their announcements show that the company is healthy and sees a future in the hobby. :biggrin:

There certainly is a lot of good stuff on this list.

supratuner
10-09-2003, 11:00 AM
The cars that i really want to see is a stock eclipse kit, and a good stock civic kit, i hope that both of these kits are gonna come with a stock version, its gonna piss me off if not, i have yet to get the AMT eclipse and probably will get one soon cuz i really want an eclipse in my collection.

I wish they would make a supra though, yeah it wouldnt have the Tamiya quality for sure, but it would still be nice to get one from walmart instead of ordering one over the itnernet.

The CRX might be a cool thing, i have a lot of respect for those little cars, id consider buying one one day.

My fingers are crossed in hopes of some better kits.

10-09-2003, 11:06 AM
Yippee to everything! The wait may be long as mentioned, as I'm still waiting for the Focus announced last year (due the end of this year I believe).

The '05 Mustang is the production car, I'm guessing? I'll have to settle for a die cast metal model if I want the concept version?

I hope the Eclipse is good, after all I'm sure they all got a good laugh out of AMT's effort.

ZoomZoomMX-5
10-09-2003, 12:00 PM
The '05 Mustang is the production car, I'm guessing? I'll have to settle for a die cast metal model if I want the concept version?

It's the production version. I asked the Revell guy at RCHTA about doing the new Mustang, and he made a good point...do the concept car, which is close to production but only one variation can be made, or do the production car so that many future variations can be modeled. Makes sense that way. Maisto is doing the concept convertible in 1/24 and has a license to do the concept coupe as well, but hasn't announced that one yet.

Pics of the production GT are here, just scroll down the page a bit:
'05 Mustang test mule (http://chat.autoweek.com/showthread.php?threadid=2862&perpage=15&pagenumber=3)

Maybe we'll finally get the Torque Thrust/Bullitt style rims too?! Seems they'd look pretty sweet on the new Mustang, just like they do now. :smokin:

I was expecting a newer Eclipse. I'm wondering about the conversion from diecast to plastic bodies for this kit and the '93 Civic. Basically, whether they are new bodies entirely. I already know the rest of the kit is taken from the diecast bodied versions, which is fine by me as those kits are like plastic kits, just w/metal bodies.

Layla's Keeper
10-09-2003, 12:36 PM
I want more information on the Chapparal 2D. I'm hoping it isn't just a reissue of one of their slot car body kits from the 60's, but this isn't Accurate Miniatures we're talking about now. Maybe a reissue of the Aurora full detail kit?

The CRX is a promising piece, though, and it's great to have the Monogram 427 Cobra S/C back too. Guess it's back to the hobby shop for me. :smile:

flyonthewall
10-09-2003, 01:23 PM
WOW! A 1/25 Lara Croft figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supramike420
10-09-2003, 05:46 PM
thx man i cant wait for the eclipse and civic

tonioseven
10-09-2003, 05:51 PM
Just when I thought I was through buying kits! Guess I need to build some to make room!! :)

ZoomZoomMX-5
10-09-2003, 05:56 PM
WOW! A 1/25 Lara Croft figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we expect to see you producing some resin body accessories?! :naughty: :evillol: :grinno:

Hiroboy
10-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Can we expect to see you producing some resin body accessories?! :naughty: :evillol: :grinno:
Bigger Airbags :evillol:

flyonthewall
10-09-2003, 06:04 PM

How about a Tokyo Auto Salon chic or an Autobacs pit girl :naughty: Will have to lose the guns and replace them with an umbrella though :iceslolan

hirofkd
10-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Do you think there is a market for it? I can sculpt a figure, and (cough) I have tons of reference photos. ;)

mike@af
10-09-2003, 08:47 PM
'99 Mitsubishi Eclipse Tuner with clear hood

Oo-oo! Eclipse, Finnally, and its not one of the new junky ones. Im happy, although RM isnt my favorite model company who cares when theres the eclipse?

O-yea...WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!! :iceslolan x1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

fullbloodchop01
10-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Just when I thought I was through buying kits! Guess I need to build some to make room!! :)
or you can just send some to me antonio :)
im looking forward to those new tuner series cars a whole lot !

flyonthewall
10-10-2003, 04:30 AM
Do you think there is a market for it? I can sculpt a figure, and (cough) I have tons of reference photos. ;)

I think so, certainly in Japan. I've would like one, a race queen figure would be great next to a JGTC Skyline. Just recently I've been giving thought to converting a 1/6 resin figure to represent one of the pit girls, would look damn cool IMO.

tbird88
10-10-2003, 11:51 AM
92 thunderbird :)
I hear ya!

'bird

My page about Thunderbird model kits (http://www.datarecall.net/~tbird88/index/kits/pg5.htm)

http://www.datarecall.net/~tbird88/index/kits/sc/pro26.jpg

larrygre
10-10-2003, 12:05 PM
As I understand it, the Eclipse and Civic kits are the former metal body kits with new all-plastic bodies. That's a good thing, I think!

The CRX puzzles. Fujimi maybe? Or did they announce it as 1/25?

BTW, that Testors metal Hemi is 1/6 scale, same as their '63 327 Vette engine and the new series coming from R-M. And it is sweet (so is the 327!)

tonioseven
10-10-2003, 12:22 PM
As I understand it, the Eclipse and Civic kits are the former metal body kits with new all-plastic bodies. I feel like i wasted my money on that AMT piece of crap!! :banghead: At least I got a good set of Axis Se7ens! :p

ZoomZoomMX-5
10-10-2003, 12:23 PM
As I understand it, the Eclipse and Civic kits are the former metal body kits with new all-plastic bodies. That's a good thing, I think!

The CRX puzzles. Fujimi maybe? Or did they announce it as 1/25?

BTW, that Testors metal Hemi is 1/6 scale, same as their '63 327 Vette engine and the new series coming from R-M. And it is sweet (so is the 327!)

Going from diecast to plastic is always a good sign. :smokin:

The CRX is a puzzler...hope it's a 2nd generation, w/engine detail.

The Testors Visible Hemi Engine I refer to is 1/4 scale...item #452, to be released in February. The 2X tooling model was on display at RCHTA... "Plastic kit with visible action and real engine sound" as described in the flyer. I think they should just go ahead and kit the 1/2 scale version! Talk about a centerpiece.

ZoomZoomMX-5
10-10-2003, 12:25 PM
I feel like i wasted my money on that AMT piece of crap!! :banghead: At least I got a good set of Axis Se7ens! :p

I feel your pain! :disappoin

Revell could really wow us and do an Eclipse Spyder... :smokin:

tbird88
10-10-2003, 01:03 PM
-snip-
The Testors Visible Hemi Engine I refer to is 1/4 scale...item #452, to be released in February. The 2X tooling model was on display at RCHTA... "Plastic kit with visible action and real engine sound" as described in the flyer. I think they should just go ahead and kit the 1/2 scale version! Talk about a centerpiece.
Sure wish we coulda had a 1/8 scale Hemi a loooong time ago for those 1/8 Duece kits!

'bird

Honoturtle
10-10-2003, 02:09 PM
The CRX is a puzzler...hope it's a 2nd generation, w/engine detail.

I doubt that it'll come with the stock engine... I have this weird feeling that the kit will come with a later model VTEC, B16, B18 etc. Though a factory stock engine will be awesome, but the other motors are cool too!

I'm looking foward to the Cobra 427, 05' Mustang and a CRX kit! Better start saving some cash! :D

Jay!
10-10-2003, 02:52 PM
I doubt that it'll come with the stock engine... I have this weird feeling that the kit will come with a later model VTEC, B16, B18 etc. Though a factory stock engine will be awesome, but the other motors are cool too!Agreed. The ZC would be kinda boring compared to the B-series VTEC motors.

BUT, if this is a new-tool CRX, that should give all kinds of hope to the folks begging someone to make a Civic Hatch from the 4th gen... Maybe they should start writing their letters to Revell now...

primera man
10-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Mmmm....some interesting stuff in there, but most of it wont get to these shores to buy.

D[X]P
10-10-2003, 10:57 PM
all right!!

Add your comment to this topic!