Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

B16b Piston In B18c5 Engine

GSR-R
10-08-2003, 01:07 PM
I Want To Know If I Will Have Problem Of Valve Clearance Instaling Ctr Piston In My Itr Engine? Do I Need To Purchase Adjustable Cam Gear To Clear Piston? Do I Need To Run It With Race Fuel Or Octane Booster Due To High Compression(11.5-12.6)?do I Need To Make A Special Head Gasket With Different Layer Of Oem Head Gasket?what Else Coud Happen? Tank You.
Excuse My English Writing, I Am From Montreal.

90gs
10-10-2003, 06:07 PM
why would you downgrade your pistons? :shrug:

EliteConcepts
10-11-2003, 06:32 AM
yeah why would you down grade.. if you want new pistons buy a greddy setup.. or you can leave it alone just get a smaller head gasket that will drop you from 9.1 to 8.1 compression and slap a garrett T25 on there.. small but very powerfull turbo.. you can get that turbo at a junk yard froma eclipse.. get it from a first gen not the second gen. those turbos suck.. you will have to get custom piping but its like 100-300 bucks for that.. not to expensive...

Elite Concepts

sameintheend01
10-11-2003, 02:28 PM
cool site...http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/compcalc/compcalc.php

GSR-R
10-14-2003, 08:35 AM
i am not sure we talk about the same piston.check at www.jzperformance.com the compression calculator. b16b piston will rather raise comp.to at least 1 point.

EliteConcepts
10-15-2003, 01:50 AM
your right it will raise the comp.. but why would you go about it that way. its still a smaller piston.. if you had the compression at what you will get, with the stock pistons.. you will have better performance than the same compression with a smaller piston..

Eilte Concepts

boosted331
10-15-2003, 04:58 PM
your right it will raise the comp.. but why would you go about it that way. its still a smaller piston.. if you had the compression at what you will get, with the stock pistons.. you will have better performance than the same compression with a smaller piston..

Eilte Concepts

What the hell are you talking about? B16B pistons and B18C5 pistons have the same compression height skirt length, etc. Except for the dome they're the same size, except B16B pistons give you some more compression (approx. 11.75:1) which will make more power than 10.6:1 when properly tuned.

Car will run fine on pump gas, but it would go better with some other mods (ported head + cams, full exhaust, etc)

B16EJ1
10-16-2003, 02:20 AM
What the hell are you talking about? B16B pistons and B18C5 pistons have the same compression height skirt length, etc. Except for the dome they're the same size, except B16B pistons give you some more compression (approx. 11.75:1) which will make more power than 10.6:1 when properly tuned.

:werd: Piston "size" is not the only factor in engine displacement. Study up. :rolleyes:

Add your comment to this topic!