Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help ! Because of this I cant even drive to college !

sean_lafaber
10-08-2003, 07:32 AM
Help! This is driving me insane !

A couple months back I was driving back home and whilst I was driving down a slope i heard a noise and suddenly my brakes went soft. I could still stop but i had to press the pedal all the way in to get it to stop decently. I sent it to the mechanic and he said it was my brake pump. Anyway i got it replaced and it was fine up til recently. I was in a car accident because some jerk wasnt paying attention and drove right into my rear. Anyway I sent it for repairs to the insurance company and got it back when suddenly on the way back home driving back down a hill nontheless it happens again! Another sound, felt like the car getting lighter as well and my were suddenly gone !! I assumed it was the brake pump again and sent it YET AGAIN to get it fixed anyway it took a good 2 WEEEKS to get the brake pump because i live in malaysia and the closest place to get a celica brake pump was in singapore apparently. And i got it back a few hours ago with the assurance of the mechanic that it was perfect. He went back with another car and left it in my driveway. (He's my dads friend you see so i can trust him apparently) So after a few mins I decide to take it for a drive to see how it handled after being gone for so long and to my surprise the brakes were still shitty ! They werent sensitive at all, i have to press it in halfway to even get it to slow down the least bit and the guy still says that it was perfect. I mean it can stop but I dont want to slam the brakes just so i can turn into my driveway ! OMG can anyone help me !!!?!?? PLEASE

jimmymc
10-09-2003, 08:36 PM
If your brakes went bad as a result of the accident...the insurance company needs to pay for it. Don't let these people get by without paying.

Bleed the brakes properly and get a new mechanic.

jimmymc

bustedratchet
10-11-2003, 06:59 AM
Have another mechanic check the adjustment on the rear brakes

Add your comment to this topic!