Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dare to be Different (more of an editorial)

Layla's Keeper
10-08-2003, 02:23 AM
(Layla's Keeper, aka Octagon, would like to apologize in advance to the people he will undoubtedly insult or outrage with this post, opinions and facts are not necessarily those of any sane human being)

Well folks, I've been in amongst you for a while and while I haven't posted many of my models (especially due to recent events which have left me without a digital camera or my workbench) I've noticed that, well, not much happens around here. Oh, we see some phenomeonal craftsmanship (Hiroboy's incredible tuner models, bigfrit's sports cars, Kunta's everything) and there is incredible, god-given talent here. Much beyond that of my own, I'll freely admit.

However, there is a plague. I see many, MANY idle minds. Before people start pointing out how unfair of a statement that is, let us investigate some common cars.

R-34 Skyline: Approx. 50-60 threads.
Supra: Approx. 100 threads.
350Z: Approx. 90 threads (not bad for a car that has only been around 2 or 3 years)

And I'm sure we're well aware of the number of Integra and Civic builds.

Now, this is not a knock against these cars or their builders. I myself have a box stock Revell Integra sitting on my TV set painted Boyd's Red with the 5 spoke wheels painted metalizer aluminum. But, folks, something has to be said about redundancy.

I took a look through hlj's catalog, just to see what all else was out there. I know full well that there are a lot of lousy kits. But it still bears mentioning that HLJ has 1000 1/24th scale passenger car kits listed. Yes that includes Fujimi and Aoshima reboxes, but there are ten tons of cars there that I have never seen before.

And this also is not a plea for everyone to drop their Skylines and Supras, either. Instead, why not look a little differently at them? Instead of rushing to find wheels and wings, why not look at other things that Skylines do? There was an R34 GTR at the Nurburgring 1000km. GTR's are raced at club races on road courses. They drag race GTR's at Sendai. Those monstrous coupes have even turned up at amateur rallies. That's four different looks for the same car. And be hypothetical. What would an R34 Skyline GTR look like with classic KPC110 riveted fender flares? What would a fastback, glassback, or hatchback R34 GTR look like? What would an R34 look like with flames and 2inch side dump exhaust?

Go ahead, ask questions. Fiddle aound. Don't be afraid to say, "I like it".

C'mon folks, dare to be different. It won't hurt I swear.

Tea
10-08-2003, 03:15 AM
Plz don't take my reply for an insult

People build cars that they like in ways they like the cars to be.

And huge number of the same cars makes reference photos real handy, plus I get all "know-hows" or "watch-outs" on a particular kit if I ever start building one of my own.

People post their progress and finished porjects up here to seek for suggestions that would improve their skills(which may include a little criticism sp? ) , and simply sharing his/her work with someone else for pure viewing pleasure.

I might not like the particular way someone builds his/her cars but I am in no place to tell him what to build and what not to, exactly like I should not and will not build according to anyone else's liking other than mine.

Yous point is more than legitimate, and I appericate your positive input, if you ever find my reply insulting and want to argue please take my apology in advance.

None of us is here to start arguments.

Just my little little :2cents:

Focus2000
10-08-2003, 03:43 AM
I certainly don't take your post as an insult. I agree that it would be great to see more conversions appearing on the forum. There certainly is some amazing talent here already and there always seems to be something we can take inspiration from. My own modelling skills are slowly improving, and as they do I'm starting to consider what else I might be able to achieve other than OOB builds. However, don't forget that not everyone has the skill/money/time to start making wild mods to their kits, and a lot of people like to do a quick and simple build and then move on to the next kit.

Also, don't go knocking the 350Z. I would say its popularity is simply down to the fact that it's one of the newest kits around, and a good looking one at that. Once upon a time you couldn't move on this forum for all of the Civics and Integras being posted. The 350Z is simply the kit of the moment and eventually something else will be released to capture everyone's imagination. Who knows, maybe AF will become full of Fujimi RX-8s and NSXs in the next couple of months. Mind you, they say that variety is the spice of life, so for those people lucky enough to have some old, rare kits - clear the dust off those old boxes and get them built!

EMAXX
10-08-2003, 08:06 AM
Just my .2. I think people should just build the cars they love. Yeah, it does get kind of tring seeing the same cars over and over, but people love to build them. You just don't have to click on the thread. Like me, I would love to build a 350Z, and a Skyline right now, but I can't seem to find for cheap enough that my mom would let me buy them. Anyways, my point is that we build what we love, not what other people will love.
a quote from a wonderful builder: Build for yourself.

levelgrape
10-08-2003, 09:07 AM
I do not know about everyone else or how each person chooses a car to build but at my current time I am away from the trend sort of out on my own. I took and wrote down a list of every car I would love to own and one by one I collect build and show them off. I think as of yesterday I have around 12-15 kits sitting in a line waiting to be built. None of which are the normal acuras or civics we see all to often. As I am new to the scene I am going to post each one and see if between the first and the last my skills improve as I feed of the comments and critisism.

tonioseven
10-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Very eloquently written!! :cheers: :sunglasse

ZoomZoomMX-5
10-08-2003, 12:03 PM
I'm of the opinion that builders should build models of the cars they love. Nobody gets inspired by a model or car that they really feel indifferent towards. Many people build box stock models of late model cars because they see them on the streets and love how they look, and want to build a model of it.

I happen to love seeing real cars and models that are a bit different from the masses, so I know what you're talking about :smokin:

If you really want your model to stand out, it needs that extra something for it to be noticed...whether that be a different model, different style, different body "kit", or merely different colors or wheels...just something to change the character to something unique enough to not only stand out, but to look even better than expected.

Sometimes this can mean taking a model that usually is seen modified, and making it bone stock. Basically...build for yourself while giving yourself plenty of creative room to make your models something that make them uniquely yours. If this means copying the techniques of others until you develop your own style, that's quite alright as well. :biggrin:

CADguy
10-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Very well said.

But being different doesn't mean you have to be good at scratchbuilding bodykits and add on's either.

There is a rainbow of colors out there. Be different in that sense.
Pick an off the wall color for your model. The models that I've seen on this board and remember best are those. A pink old school syline, a metallic green Ferrari 360 spider, and a red Batmobile are just a few that really come to mind.

Blue is not the only color for a Skyline. Ferrari does paint cars colors other than red. Although they can look great in these colors, they look just as good if not better in others.

I think the best way to stand out is to be the person that someone says "I've never seen that car in that color" about their car.

And isn't that why we post pics here anyway? To be recognized, and show off a little.

'Veyron' is a great example of a builder that picks just the right color for the subject. Check out some of his cars if you haven't already.

Trying different things is the best way to learn something new.

sugarcaddy
10-08-2003, 12:51 PM
Different is good. But people build what they want to build and around here its tuner stuff for the most part. There's nothing wrong with that at all, hell I do it too.
My problem is not being different but trying to build something stock from the box. I just never can build OOB, I have to add something or make it better! LOL
I like to mix up my models by making custom Hot Wheels or different kits besides cars. Oh and I do build cars besides the Skylines/Supras/flavor of the month stuff. I like all types of cars if they are pleasing to my eye. Just like everyone else I build what I like, and I like what I build.

Scott

Layla's Keeper
10-08-2003, 01:03 PM
I'm glad to see good statements coming around here. Thanks all for staying calm about this.

I've seen Veyron's works, he is very good and is a good example of what you're describing, Cadguy. Another example that comes to mind is Hiroboy's cranberry red WRX. From the moment I saw it, I liked it. Why? Because, besides being a well turned out model, it was the first time I'd seen a red WRX.

Build for yourself is a great mantra, to all who said it. There's no doubt in my mind that we're all happier doing what we think is cool rather than what others like. Remember the R34.5 GTR that showed up in a thread here a few months ago? Mixed opinions on the styling all around, but the builder (whose name escapes me) just kept at it and turned out one very nice, very unique GTR. I follow it myself (silohouette formula fenderboxes and a Cosworth DFV V8 transplanted into a 1967 Mustang). I won't say people shouldn't build box stock, or build the cars they like. That'd be fairly contrary to the spirit of the hobby.

Honoturtle
10-08-2003, 01:25 PM
I really think some modelers are influenced by the other modelers on this board. For example, say I see a Pink F50, and it looks so damn cool that I want to have one in my collection, so I build one not because I want to copy the other person, instead it's because I want one in my collection!

Jay!
10-08-2003, 01:39 PM
I say talk is cheap. Show us. :sunglasse

The best way to put more variety in the forum is to put it there yourself. ;)

I've tried to do my part. As far as I know, I've put up the only WRX Wagon and the only FB RX-7. :)

dag65
10-08-2003, 01:42 PM
I agree 100%. I personally don't visit here as much as I did dimply because everything seems to be kinda the same, or similar themes anyhow.
I myself prefer the Rod and Custom scene as well as the Muscle cars. Don't get me wrong I love imports, I drive ( thrash ) a tuned Golf III Sport everyday.
For me personally I like to see more variety like some of the other forums such as the Hobby Heaven Board where I see everything from factory stock replicas to wild customs to motos and semis.
Tonio I keep seeing that Goat in your posts, thats what I am talking about! Is that Duplicolor Orange Mist ? Thats my new favorite color and I have several models in progress using it. Plesae post more pics.
I don't know about elsewhere but here in the US Import Drag Racing is becoming a really big deal and would make a very unique project. THose front wheel drives look really cool with big meats up front.
How about some of the touring cars, GTC or the Aussie touring cars are pretty neat.
Oh yeah BTW Ferrari did make a few cars that weren't red, so if Enzo can step out of his comfort zone>>>>>>>>>
Just my 2 cents, whatever they are everyone here has some great building skills.
D
Oh yeah and heres a little something different I have been working on
http://images3.fotki.com/v37/photos/1/11686/415169/IMGP1190-vi.jpg

dag65
10-08-2003, 01:49 PM
and one more in Orange Mist
http://images3.fotki.com/v36/photos/1/11686/415169/IMGP1181-vi.jpg

blueboost
10-08-2003, 02:00 PM
nothing wrong with trying to inspire creativity. Hell, this site is very motivational to me as a model builder period. Good points, but let me share some of mine with you also...

you see a lot of the same here, I'll agree with you on that. but I don't consider that a bad thing, for me at least. when most people here (all our regulars like.. hiroboy, primera, FOTW, me.. everyone) ,turn out Nissan models, and Skylines and Silvia's rule the earth, I am as happy as can be. But then I've been waiting a long time for Nissan to get its much due credit. We all seem to love import models and I am glad that I have a "club" of sorts with this forum, when I share a model I love, I know many others here will love to see it also because we share the same passion for them.

Personally, I am just trying to soak up anything and everything I can of a lifestyle I am too poor to live. 8 years ago when I began building models I did it to compensate for what I lack in other areas of my life ($$$ for the real cars ;) ) and I enjoy anything that is related to these cars including being part of this forum and nissanforums, reading SCC and superstreet (and trying to weed through all the rice they print!!) modifying and driving my Nissan in real life, and going to shows etc etc..

their are plenty of creative minds on this forum and I think we will be surprised with some of the models being turned out here in the next coming months, just don't be surprised if they are Nissans!

hirofkd
10-08-2003, 02:09 PM
> And this also is not a plea for everyone to drop their Skylines and
> Supras, either. Instead, why not look a little differently at them?
> Instead of rushing to find wheels and wings, why not look at other
> things that Skylines do?

I found this AF modeling forum to be very unique in a sense that its age group is very young, compared to other modeling forums, and your comment sounded somewhat discouraging to the youngsters. And if they watch Pokemon, they all watch Pokemon, if they play Yu-Gi-Oh, they all play Yu-Gi-Oh, and if they think Skyline is cool, they all think Skyline is cool.
It's just that many AF members are not yet exposed to various cars from the past to present, yet.

> There was an R34 GTR at the Nurburgring
> 1000km. GTR's are raced at club races on road courses. They drag
> race GTR's at Sendai. Those monstrous coupes have even turned up at
> amateur rallies. That's four different looks for the same car. And be
> hypothetical. What would an R34 Skyline GTR look like with classic
> KPC110 riveted fender flares? What would a fastback, glassback, or
> hatchback R34 GTR look like? What would an R34 look like with flames
> and 2inch side dump exhaust?

This is only possible, when you have a skill that matches your desire to be different, and again, many AF members are either new or still learning, and it's nothing wrong for them to choose the subject they like to start with, such as the GT-R, Supra or Honda.

Besides, I don't think AF lacks variety, and certainly not like those boards, dominated only by NASCAR and american muscle.

blueboost
10-08-2003, 02:20 PM
and certainly not like those boards, dominated only by NASCAR and american muscle.

the day that happens around here is the day I hang my automotiveforums membership up for good!! :iceslolan

Layla's Keeper
10-08-2003, 02:22 PM
I certainly have nothing against Nissans (my favorite of all the Japanese auto manufacturers, too). But, let's be fair, there's plenty of other neat Nissans than Silvias, 350Z's, and R32-33-34 Skylines. But, even those aren't necessarily redundant. It's more of the same approaches to building them that gets to me. (now, this is entirely my opinion, and subject to as much criticism as you can give) It seems that as soon as a kit is in hand, people grab for their Fujimi/Aoshima wheels and GT Wings. Now, this doesn't mean that the cars look bad, but there's something to be said for ingenuity.

Oh, and Jay, I have an SA22 RX7 built and posted under my now-defunct Octagon username. Right here. Wish the pics were better. (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118660&highlight=RX7+turbo)

I think I've put a little different in the forums.
1959 Impala (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102706&highlight=Impala)
Widebody 1967 Mustang (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100318)
Custom RR Porsche 911 (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100123)
Hasegawa 1966 Buick Wildcat (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100115)
1953 Studebaker w/ Viper V10 transplant (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119896)

Those are my contributions. I also have two that are more mundane (a Fairlady 240Z and a street Toyota Supra converted from the Denso Sard kit).

Jay!
10-08-2003, 02:31 PM
Oh, and Jay, I have an SA22 RX7 built and posted ...

I think I've put a little different in the forums.
Those are my contributions. I also have two that are more mundane (a Fairlady 240Z and a street Toyota Supra converted from the Denso Sard kit).I know you do. ;) I was speaking in general. Sorry if I wasn't clearer.

However, it is confusing for the kiddies to see "Build what you like," "Build what you're interested in..." But then they see that thread of "How come no one builds anything lke this?"

See what I mean? :D

Like I said, best way to get something new in the forum is to put it there yourself. That way, the projects themselves will influence others...

Layla's Keeper
10-08-2003, 02:46 PM
Makes a bit of sense when you put it that way. And I'm certainly not saying beginner builders should make their first project a ProMod 1958 Impala. (I've got one of those that's been in stalled progress since 2001)

blueboost
10-08-2003, 02:50 PM
there's plenty of other neat Nissans than Silvias, 350Z's, and R32-33-34 Skylines.

Hey, I can't argue with that! :grinno: ;)

now get to building and show us how it should be done!! :p :smokin:

CADguy
10-08-2003, 02:59 PM
Jay's got some good advice..

Coming soon to an AF near you..

64 Impala with top fuel engine transplant, purple metallic paint, sittin on 18" RUF 5 spokes

1998 Corvette C5-R.

2002 Corvette C5-R with custom 50th anniversay paint and decals.

And a BRIGHT blue Enzo.

Will we ever be able to upload pics again?

primera man
10-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Good thread you have opened up here.
Being different comes down to the person and what they want to build. Build for yourself...you are the one making it.
True, we have plenty of Skylines, 350Z, etc etc....but this mainly seems to be the tread that this forum sets. Other places are mainly for old school V8's etc and thats all they have.
Another point to, is the age group we have here, most are young and just starting out and there first models are these types that are easy to build.

willimo
10-08-2003, 03:52 PM
I really don't think that LaylasKeeper/Octagon is saying "How come no one builds anything like this?" While the examples he cites, the Rally Skylines and the the fastbacks and with the fender extensions may seem to imply that, I think he's actually asking why everyone builds a carbon copy of the car that went before. They switch some wheels, throw on a new muffler, add a wing and done! A new, fancy-pants car.

I can see where he is coming from. There are a ton of Integras, for example, sporting big wings and an intercooler and the huge wheels with low profile tires. My favorite Integra on here was the Revell kit (I think) with the stock rims from Fujimi. That was a different car, and it was beautiful. Sadly the thread sank like a stone, and no one cared. I'm surprised no one said "make it lower" "you need bigger rims" "etc." before the poor, poor car settled into obscurity. There seems to be little support for anything that does not fit the mold around here, which is disappointing. "If you don't like the car, don't click on the thread," I'm afraid there is a lot of that going on. When it doesn't say "Skyline" or "Supra," no one clicks the thread. We should, what we see might surprise us. Who knows, after seeing the Revell kit built up, I might fall in love with the 1981 Chevy Citation Lowrider kit. But without clicking on the thread, that joy may never live in my modelling heart....

There is a ton of copying going on, too. Few people seem to be able to come up with anything original. I can remember when I posted my NSX a while back, I was very proud of my supercharger and the color I painted it. But what did everyone latch onto? The wheels. I just stuck them on because they looked pretty good. But everyone and their brother asked what they were and where I got them and then threads started showing up "Does anyone know where to get Aoshima Blitz BRWs etc." It kind of hacked me off because no one paid any mind to the good bits of the car, and instead got wrapped up in the incidental parts of the build. More proof of this can be found in all the "how do you build an intercooler" threads and how the "where did you get that turbo/intercooler/wheel/muffler/spoiler/bodykit" questions you get bombarded with after posting a model. And the "What color are you going to paint it? What wheels are you going to use?" questions. Who cares what wheels I used? Go scare up some of your own. Don't be afraid to build a car that doesn't fit the mold, don't be afraid to use wheels that haven't been used and proven yet, don't be afraid to try a new technique for an part, don't be afraid to do subtle work, don't be afraid to build a car that people might not like, don't be afraid. Just do it.

There are arguments both ways. People build what they like, and they all like the same car. Ok. But I have a hard time beleiving so many people like seeing the same car modified the same way.

I agree with LaylasKeeper/Octagon.

Oh, and why have you forsaken your MG love, Octagon? I was much happier when you were down with those finnicky little British cars.

Verminator
10-08-2003, 04:02 PM
I'm with all of the above 'baa!', only joking guys and gals. This thread is the first in a long time where i've actually read every word, its nice to see all these sentances that actually make sense, there are posts on this forum that I quite often dont understand due to the street jargon etc. Its true there are many posts of the same cars, maybe its because they look so damn good and the 'learners' want to copy. Take it as a compliment that youve inspired someone, god knows the hobby need fresh blood, anyhow I thank you all for these comments, im now going intop my loft to find something I can take a razor saw to.

PS I will finish my custom BMW police car soon as going to US on holiday and will pick up some decal sheets.

Layla's Keeper
10-08-2003, 06:26 PM
Willimo, don't you worry. Layla (my MGB GT) is still sitting happily in her garage, on new tires no less. She roached her starter, though, and thus I'm forced to locate a new one ($140 dollars for a new one is the cheapest I've found)

I shall always love my dear sweet Layla. Especially since there's a 1961 Oldsmobile F-85 up the street from me that's for sale and has the Buick-Olds 215ci Aluminum V-8. Did someone say Rover 3.5?

Small British sports cars are my trademark and my lifeblood. God I wish I could've saved the poor bronze Triumph TR-7 I saw on the way to the boneyard the other day.

But, more on topic, you've hit the nail on the head. Wheels/Wing/Exhaust is the standard of modification it seems. Quite frankly, it is somewhat irritating. There's so much more that can be done, and done easily, that I'm shocked it isn't encouraged. We don't even see that many two-tone paint schemes. And, you know what, I've never seen a car with a flame paint job on this forum. I may have missed it. I'd think a Supra would look pretty boss painted black with some searing yellow-orange-red flames.

I don't want to discourage young builders because they aren't trying new things. I want us to encourage them to try new things. Our hobby is an artform, right? What is art if it's not expressive?

mike@af
10-08-2003, 08:06 PM
I agree...but I agree with both points of views. It is intresting to see stuff you dont see everyday. However, some people like to replicate their car or other cars they like.

Its all a matter of opinion.

chaos
10-08-2003, 09:31 PM
I agree with Layla's keeper to a certain degree. I do like being different from the masses, but to tell you the truth, I'm still developing my skills as I've only been in this hobby a short while. So, tilll I get to an acceptable level of skill - I'll try being different maybe in the colour I paint my skyline!! :smile: But, I will only build what I like and not build something for the sake of being different.

If you've noticed there has been a big insurgence of younger modellers of late and hey, I was their age once and the skylines/supras of my time fascinated me...if you catch my drift. And, I think its great these young chaps are in the hobby to be quite honest, as it has been touted that this is a dying hobby!!!

Great topic though.

tonioseven
10-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Tonio I keep seeing that Goat in your posts, thats what I am talking about! Is that Duplicolor Orange Mist ? Thanks! Naw, it's some Copper color by Plastikote. It's almost finished. I have nothing to add about what I build other than I don't even know what my next finished project will be :evillol: . I do my part for variety but I do it to please my own tastes first, then to show that there are more than apples and oranges; figuratively speaking. Enjoy life and your hobby; build what makes YOU happy! You're the one that bought the model!!! I have enough stress in my daily life that makes me want to get the best out of what I do for relaxation. I love Skylines as well but I also love Musclecars, Street rods, Hot rods, etc. My collection has them all and I intend on building them. I do this for fun and relaxation. Remember fun? That's what it's all about!!! Now go build something and for those of you complaining, follow Jay's advice!! Put the variety there yourself !!! :sunglasse :sunglasse :sunglasse I mean no one any harm or malice; if nobody digs what you've built, so what?! As long as you're happy, that's what counts!!! There are more serious things in the world to be mad over! :smile:

Nobbys Nuts
10-09-2003, 06:50 AM
To quote Tonioseven "if nobody digs what you've built, so what?! As long as you're happy, that's what counts!!! There are more serious things in the world to be mad over! "
Hear Hear Tonio! I agree wholeheartedly.
My first post was a Hot Magenta(pink) 41 Willys Street Machine called Sue. I called it sue after the Johnny Cash song as it looked like a girls car but it was still tough.
The best comment I got was its awefully pink. So what, I love it as it epitomises to me the independence of my models and regardless of colour you cant take the muscle out of a blown Willys - I guess its a bit of a cliche, a challenge if you wish to try thats why I did it pink.
My next post was my Evo 6 and most people picked the interior colours to bits because it had yellow inserts in the seats. So what - I like it that way, I copied it off a car at my place of work which looks awesome and as I said in my post at the time I didn't want it to be just another Pman clone like about 3 or 4 others that quickly followed his build.

SonyMobile
10-09-2003, 07:24 AM
Personally, I build models that I no that i will most likely never get to own, drive or even see.

freakray
10-09-2003, 08:01 PM
I would like to add my thoughts to this one.

I have noticed that every so often a thread will appear with somebody speaking their mind about the lack of diversity in the models on AF or something to that effect. The average 'why do so many people build Skylines' thread I guess you could call it.

Now here's the flipside, even when somebody does post something which is seldom seen on AF, there is such a lack of interest in that model that it is no wonder that they are not seen more often.

This post may seem like it is purely from a point of view generated from my personal experience, but it is not, I see it happening all the time and the irony of it is clear for anyone who opens their eyes to see.

bigfrit
10-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Now this is a very interesting thread,
and I m pretty glad it hasn't truned out as a "skylines VS. the world" thread.

I , personally do not agree 100% with either Ray's hard comment or (ex-?)Octacon.

I think, for one, that a modified model, albeit with a resin bumper, other colour, rims, homemade pieces is a nice addition to ones collection, but not in the amount that it will overshadow a well-made, detailed box-stock model.

luckily, it hasn't come that far that I let dictate my taste for cars by some marginal peer-pressure group (like the ITR crew or something), bu instead I love to get ideas all around, I love the colours , rims, techniques all of the great modelers around here use on their models, and if I see a model that interest me, off course it will become more important in my eyes, and will be put up higher my shopping list of models. An example of this is, when I got influenced by all of the gorgeous porsche's around here, and I wanted to make my own Stuttgart sportscar, albeit (and that is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING in modeling , IMO, to give YOUR OWN interpretation of what you like .

I m not saying that if you see a nice F360 M, that you have to try and be different, but there are some cars who with a little altering can become unique objects, and then , if you made an unique modelcar, who cares if it's a skyline, a supra, a civic or even a merc? It's YOUR unique modelcar, and that's the bottom line.

to quote one of the great in this forum ;

"Build for yourself , nothing else matters."

And may I add "but dare to be different."

thank you for reading, and thank you for writing this nice thread.

Olivier :)

Add your comment to this topic!