Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Clvic Vs Integra

D[X]P
10-07-2003, 06:29 PM
How would these 2 cars compare stock(both from 94-97)

Do both of these cars have the same possibilty for tuning?

ThX

90CRXZCSi
10-07-2003, 06:58 PM
you can always tune the integra more than the civic unless the civic is swapped.

ashes
10-07-2003, 07:38 PM
They're both Hondas with tons of possibilities.

D[X]P
10-07-2003, 10:11 PM
i actually like the civics look better

what is the weight of each of the cars? :icon16:

B16EJ1
10-08-2003, 03:20 AM
P']
what is the weight of each of the cars? :icon16:

Do a search but even vehicle gross weights are not even close to exact. The only way is to actually weigh em. The simple answer is, the Civic is always lighter unless the Teg is gutted but stock for stock the Civic will ALWAYS be lighter.

KrNxRaCer00
10-08-2003, 05:49 AM
Do a search but even vehicle gross weights are not even close to exact. The only way is to actually weigh em. The simple answer is, the Civic is always lighter unless the Teg is gutted but stock for stock the Civic will ALWAYS be lighter.

indeed, but the integra has the stronger motor.

b18b1 vs any of the d series motors.

b18c1 vs b16a

b18c5 vs b16b1

im saying stock numbers here, the integra has the stronger motors.

B16EJ1
10-08-2003, 01:28 PM
indeed, but the integra has the stronger motor.

b18b1 vs any of the d series motors.

b18c1 vs b16a

b18c5 vs b16b1

im saying stock numbers here, the integra has the stronger motors.

If you read my post again I said nothing of which out performs the other I was in fact answering just the weight question.

KrNxRaCer00
10-08-2003, 04:40 PM
very tru b16, but i don't agree that it out-classes the integra.

in a straight-line, the civic is a better base because of the lighter chassis, but corners/auto-x, name a civic that will keep up w/ the ITR (with equal drivers).

last: i wasn't jus replying to ur post, it was an overall thing since ppl were talking about jus the weight...had to include motors too.

D[X]P
10-08-2003, 04:59 PM
wait now im confused! so what motor does a stock integra have? :screwy:

93weed_eater
10-08-2003, 05:18 PM
ls is the b18b, gsr is the b18c1, and type r is the b18c5. i believe the numbers are 140hp for the b, 185hp for the c1 and 197 for the c5. don't take that for exact but it should be a roundabout to give you an idea oh and i think the integra is better. :iceslolan

B16EJ1
10-08-2003, 06:38 PM
very tru b16, but i don't agree that it out-classes the integra.

in a straight-line, the civic is a better base because of the lighter chassis, but corners/auto-x, name a civic that will keep up w/ the ITR (with equal drivers).

last: i wasn't jus replying to ur post, it was an overall thing since ppl were talking about jus the weight...had to include motors too.

Wasn't trying to be an ass. I apologize. I think I took your post wrong but you're right. The US got screwed with our Civic's.

D[X]P
10-08-2003, 10:31 PM
So baisicly all these b16,18,20 whatever come from cars such as acuras and hondas?

So they have thin engine walls?

D[X]P
10-08-2003, 10:36 PM
somewhere i read about thin engine walls but arent sure where..is that correct?

Spectre927
10-08-2003, 10:57 PM
I'm sure they're good up to a decent amount. theyre made light to keep the weight down. You could always get some dartons.

95blackGS-R
10-09-2003, 06:58 AM
I think that if you are going to stay with a stock car then the integra is way better. More potienal, more torgue. Civic are lighter that is the 92-95 dx model with no power anything. The integra GS-R comes with 1.8 dohc vtec 170 hp. The civic don't come with dohc vtec.

95blackGS-R
10-09-2003, 06:59 AM
All b16, b18,b20 will all fit in the civic.

Mellason
10-09-2003, 02:51 PM
I'm not a honda guy but the integra out classes the civic. I'm talking jdm specs. There is a japanese site showing a drag race between Tpye-r civic and the type-r integra. the integra smoked the civic by far from start to finish. When I find the site I'll reply. If you drag a civic sir vs an integra gs of corse the civic will win, but class it with an integra sir jdm or gsr U.S the civic don't have a chance

D[X]P
10-09-2003, 05:10 PM
ok thx guys

KrNxRaCer00
10-10-2003, 02:09 PM
I think that if you are going to stay with a stock car then the integra is way better. More potienal, more torgue. Civic are lighter that is the 92-95 dx model with no power anything. The integra GS-R comes with 1.8 dohc vtec 170 hp. The civic don't come with dohc vtec.

the 99-up si came with DOHC VTEC motors.

first the b16a in the 6th gen, then the k20a2 in the 7th gen.

EliteConcepts
10-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Does any one know what Jotech is..?. Or Kenny Tran.. All this talk about how Integra's are better and more potental is wrong. there both honda engine the main thing that seperates these enigins apart is the gear ratio.. thats it thats why the b18 integra can beat the b18 civic.. Its all in the ratio. they have basically the same amount of mods available. Oh Yeah and the Soc d16 vtec has more potential then any other honda motor other then the k series motors witch are what is in the S2000.. Kenny Tran has a 8.5 second civic. still using the soc 1.6 liter vtec motor that comes stock.. you can visit there website and see his car and my car in the pics section I have the yellow Integra with the H22 swap.. you want a nice engine pick yourself up one of those.. very nice..

My mods are on www.jotech.com
Integra
11.3@128mph.

thanks to my awsome engineers and Greddy E-man Systems...

KrNxRaCer00
10-11-2003, 08:57 PM
Does any one know what Jotech is..?. Or Kenny Tran.. All this talk about how Integra's are better and more potental is wrong. there both honda engine the main thing that seperates these enigins apart is the gear ratio.. thats it thats why the b18 integra can beat the b18 civic.. Its all in the ratio. they have basically the same amount of mods available. Oh Yeah and the Soc d16 vtec has more potential then any other honda motor other then the k series motors witch are what is in the S2000.. Kenny Tran has a 8.5 second civic. still using the soc 1.6 liter vtec motor that comes stock.. you can visit there website and see his car and my car in the pics section I have the yellow Integra with the H22 swap.. you want a nice engine pick yourself up one of those.. very nice..

Integra
11.3@128mph.

:uhoh:

wha?

1st off, kenny tran is not running a 1.6 liter motor, simple as that.

the SOHC VTEC motor that u are speaking about doesn't have nearly the amount of potential that the DOHC motors do. please explain how a single cam motor with less displacement (which is huge in straight line racing) has more potential than its big brother?

next...when u swap in a b18c1/5 or b18b1 motor from an integra, u swap in the transmission as well, therefore, u have the same gear ratios.

a 94 civic dx with a b18c1 swap vs a gsr would have the b18c1 swapped civic beating the gsr stock vs stock.

next...the k series motor is found in the rsx (base is k20a2, type-s is k20a3) an also the 7th gen civic si (k20a2) NOT the S2K.

next...the S2K actually rolls the highly regarded F20 motor.

last: the integras an civics that u are speaking about (the ones on NHRA) are hardly even civics or integras any longer.

it's basically jus a mold of the old frame.

ok, i lied, LAST: the integra stock vs stock with the civic (which is the only way to fairly argue this issue) has the integra out-classing any civic made yet.

read my other post.

name one civic that is on the level of the integra type r.

please actually do some research and know what u are talking about before posting.

one last thing...in my opinion, the k20a3 has MUCH more potential than any other motor so far released. name one other honda motor that can push 240+ to the wheels with i/h/e/cams/ecu.

tran_nsx
10-12-2003, 09:12 AM

Integra
11.3@128mph.

i don't know any stock civic with a b18, unless it is swapped. if ur reffering to the new ones they have a 1.7l engine but thier hp is still the same as the 1.6l, only thing that change was the displacement (this was what the guys at the honda forum told me:disappoin). two guys on streets w the 1.7 civics wanted to race me, they both had exhaust (even more bolt ons i bet, but didn't look under the hood) an wanted to go against my integ, but i spanked both of them.
another thing, sohc d16 vtec= 127 hp and 107 tq, and u say this has potential? i would choose any b series motor anyday. why do u think all the civic guys are doing engine swaps w/ integ motors.

tran_nsx
10-12-2003, 09:52 AM
:
one last thing...in my opinion, the k20a3 has MUCH more potential than any other motor so far released. name one other honda motor that can push 240+ to the wheels with i/h/e/cams/ecu.

u should correct this statement, the k20a3 makes 200 hp at the crank so about 170-180 at the wheels. i don't see anyway i/h/e/cams/ecu will get 60+ hp to the wheels.

KrNxRaCer00
10-15-2003, 03:26 AM
u should correct this statement, the k20a3 makes 200 hp at the crank so about 170-180 at the wheels. i don't see anyway i/h/e/cams/ecu will get 60+ hp to the wheels.

u don't believe it?

the toda cams, (tested in import tuner) valve springs and ecu showed a jump from 171 hp to 220 hp.

i/h/e will give a k20a3 atleast 20 hp (proven MANY times on dyno's)

so there is ur 60 hp right there.

i/e/hondata gave my frien the power to run a 14.3 alone (down from a 15.2 stock time)

no, so u have no say in that matter. i stand behind it 100%. name another motor that will show better gains that was made by honda.

sameintheend01
10-15-2003, 04:58 AM
Never argue with KrNxRaCer00. He is always right and will back everything up. :2cents: :iceslolan

tran_nsx
10-15-2003, 11:24 PM
u don't believe it?

the toda cams, (tested in import tuner) valve springs and ecu showed a jump from 171 hp to 220 hp.

i/h/e will give a k20a3 atleast 20 hp (proven MANY times on dyno's)

so there is ur 60 hp right there.

i/e/hondata gave my frien the power to run a 14.3 alone (down from a 15.2 stock time)

no, so u have no say in that matter. i stand behind it 100%. name another motor that will show better gains that was made by honda.

no i don't believe it, but this doesn't mean it's not possible. how about u give me a link to the article that has this info instead of giving me a more detail hearsay. oh and by the way, weren't you the one that stated not to be a mag racer, ironic isn't it?

Spectre927
10-15-2003, 11:35 PM
thems fightin wurds... :icon16:

tran_nsx
10-16-2003, 12:29 AM
Never argue with KrNxRaCer00. He is always right and will back everything up. :2cents: :iceslolan

hey sameintheendo1 i don't know about u, but when i see some pretty wild claims no matter if its coming from a bum off the street or a university professor, im always going to ask why. don't get offended by this since it wasn't meant to be offensive in the first place. now thier might be some gullible people out there, but im not one of them.

for example, just ten years ago drag racer's claim an import hitting 9's would be impossibe to accomplish especially by the domestic crowd, as u can see this isn't true. another example would be from my personal experience, i went to this body/racing shop to observe how well their craftsmanship is held. one thing i've discovered was that they were more affordable they a lot of other shops, so thats was a plus. what killed it was their claim of power a crx they have which has been swapped with a b20 motor with turbo. they claimed the b20 not including the turbo (from a crv, for people who don't know) pumps out 220 hp stock! i ask them how the hell they come up with that conclusion? again stated another wild claim not to mention it sounded to be a biased opinion. they said the b20 is one of the most powerful motors.

so instead of debating with them since its already going to be talking to a brick wall, i just left it alone and said whatever. now i know the b20 does not push out 220hp, if u think about it thats more than the type-r or type-s. they claim the b20 is in the same territory power range as the rsx type-r and jdm prelude sir. i also know its not one of the most powerful motors out there, although it would be an awesome base to start off for force induction just like the b181a/b. now i know why their prices aren't as high as the competition.

this was kinda long so i want to apologize ahead of time. there are several similar points in all of this, one can be--if it sounds too good to be true, it proabably is. another--don't believe in everything u hear, and--if your gonna make a claim have the resources to back it up. the main point however would frankly be, don't be gullible people.

KrNxRaCer00
10-16-2003, 12:53 AM
no i don't believe it, but this doesn't mean it's not possible. how about u give me a link to the article that has this info instead of giving me a more detail hearsay. oh and by the way, weren't you the one that stated not to be a mag racer, ironic isn't it?

1st, i've seen ppl dyno their rsx's (give me a few days an i'll try to get a dyno sheet from them), i was giving u an example SINCE u seem to love the magazine stats so much.

2nd, if u want to bring up that old arguement, PM me an we'll save ppl's bandwidth.

last, u can't argue with 14.3 from those modifications, its as plain as simple as that. i do agree the b20 is a great motor (as is the b18a/b), but those take FI to put down the numbers that the k20a3 will with simple mods.

here's the link to the article: http://importtuner.com/tech/0308it_rsxcams/

u've gotta give me time to meet up w/ those ppl (they're at college), but i'll get the other dyno's as well.

tran_nsx
10-16-2003, 03:21 AM
u should read the article again. im not trying to degrade and make u look bad just want to make sure what your stating is true.

KrNxRaCer00
10-16-2003, 03:27 AM
u should read the article again. im not trying to make u look bad just want to make sure what your stating is true.

my fault, i didn't read every word of it.

SO...

220 from i/h/e/cams/ecu is wut it states then?

then i will be a man about it an say i was incorrect.

i've seen the gains of 20 hp + on the rsx from i/h/e on dyno sheets, i will stand behind that til the end, and i will stand behind the fact that its gaining 50 HP from simple bolt-ons as a great reason why it is the best motor from honda so far.

once again, i mis-read it and was off a bit.

KrNxRaCer00
10-16-2003, 03:37 AM
http://www.hondata.com/k20arelease.html

btw, if u scroll down, u can see an example of the type-s w/ CAI and hondata (like my buddy's) an his dyno was VERY similar.

i've got to talk to him is all.

tran_nsx
10-16-2003, 03:58 AM
it's cool dude. i try not to take things to personal. if im wrong, then im wrong, and if im right, then im right. but when i am wrong i will apologize, its that simple. wish more people can adopt this theory.

i do believe the k series motors are awesome but your going a little to specific on that matter. if u want better gains i says the rsx type-r probably will get better results, the only problem is no here has tried to to use the same upgrades on one (of course not to mention if there was one here in the first place).

but besides that everything is cool. just want to let u know i try not to hold grudges, what i do try to hold is the info that we discussed. the difference u might ask is that with one there's anger and with the other, the anger has been removed (although i was never angry at u guys just frustrated kinda like talking to a brick wall analogy. so why bother).

to sum it up. let bye-gones be bye-gones :smile:

tran_nsx
10-16-2003, 04:07 AM
oh another thing what time is it over there? since we're on line at the same time. it's 2:00am in the morning here, i can't imagine anyone stayin up this late on the comp.

KrNxRaCer00
10-16-2003, 04:14 AM
this post is at 2:12.

the dc5 won't be as simple to modify tho.

the k20a3 is simply a detuned version of its big brother.

thats why the power is easily gained. if u do the same modifications to the dc5, its not going to see the same amount of power.

so in a way, the k20a3 cheats, an takes the i/h/e to see the same power as a stock type r, but still...i think its impressive, an thats all that matters... :biggrin:

i agree, the past is in the past, i was never angry (its the internet for cryin out loud), simply getting my points across.

back to the original topic...

integra ownz civic...plain an simple...(cept for the civic being lighter, therefore it IS a better base IF ur going to keep the body stock, but swap out motors for straight line racing).

tran_nsx
10-16-2003, 04:34 AM
back to the original topic...

integra ownz civic...plain an simple...(cept for the civic being lighter, therefore it IS a better base IF ur going to keep the body stock, but swap out motors for straight line racing).

i agree :biggrin:

pasha
10-17-2003, 03:48 AM
5th getn civic hatch is the way to go..

Add your comment to this topic!