Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

turbo questions

gelpke
12-05-2001, 11:29 PM
say i have a 90 gts-t with stock turbo, hks giant air filter and hks 3" exhaust with apexi AFC and just want more power on the allowance my wife gives me out of my paycheck :D , what would be the best source of power? should i go boost controller or try for a bigger turbo? if turbo, what size and brand or does it matter? if boost controller what kind and stuff? kinda new to all of this with turbo's and stuff so ANY help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance everybody
jon ivie
:silly:

G-sport
12-08-2001, 11:18 AM
It kinda depends on how much further you want to go, the std turbo unit is good for 280 flyheel bhp so if thats your requirement get a good Jpn brand boost controller and run it at 1 bar max. You may have to make adjustments to your Safc for the higher boost. Most all the boost controllers as equal with only a couple having extensive functions at a cost which you may or may not even use. A lot of people say 1 bar isnt safe beacause of the ceramic wheel but i've been running it like that for a while (not everyday at full boost) and had no problems, a lot of the guys in Jpn run them at 1 bar too.

if you need more than the sugested output change your turbo but don't go overboard on it unless u like lag. You'll still need a boost controller to get the best from your new turbo and a GT2530 or 2535 would be favourite.
G.

Add your comment to this topic!