Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help i got a problem!

91dx
10-07-2003, 03:49 PM
Hey guys...
My friend has a 93 probe gt with the v6 24v motor. I know 0 about probes and all fords for that matter so if I say somthing stupid i'm sorry in advance. :) anyway. The car won't start for some reason and he ran a dionostic on it and it came up with two things. He said it was some kind of cylnder 4 error (injectors?) and he also said it was saying that the intake sensor had problems? anyone know what he should do or how to go about fixing this problem? I hate guessing and we can't find a damn thing online about it so all help would be great and thanks in advance guys.. peace

SphinxMunkey
10-11-2003, 12:12 AM
if the intake sensor is having problems you could tell very quickly by unplugging it if it were just that or not but to really help you you would have to be more specific about what is happening to your car... if it will not crank then there are 3 things you need to look for

1 spark it has to have fire
2 gas it has to have fuel
3 air if it can't breath it will die

to check the spark take a plug out and lay it on the head DO NOT HOLD IT IT WILL GIVE YOU A LITTLE SHOCK :) if it is sparking then go to the next one

fuel if you are thinking the injectors are bad or clogged then you can take them out and turn the engine over... if they mist gasoline... into a bucket or rag.... not just letting them spray... then check for the air

the only thing i can think of is that the filter is clogged or that the intake is clogged just take the top off the filter box and crank it up or turn it over if it will not crank and you have fuel spark and airflow then you may want to check the compression in your engine if it is below about 120 i'd say your piston rings need replacing badly normal i think is around 145 psi... any other input is welcome

91dx
10-11-2003, 06:45 AM
I'll tell him all this and hope we can get his ride running.. Thanks a lot man! If not i'll keep you posted and get more detailed info. :)

if the intake sensor is having problems you could tell very quickly by unplugging it if it were just that or not but to really help you you would have to be more specific about what is happening to your car... if it will not crank then there are 3 things you need to look for

1 spark it has to have fire
2 gas it has to have fuel
3 air if it can't breath it will die

to check the spark take a plug out and lay it on the head DO NOT HOLD IT IT WILL GIVE YOU A LITTLE SHOCK :) if it is sparking then go to the next one

fuel if you are thinking the injectors are bad or clogged then you can take them out and turn the engine over... if they mist gasoline... into a bucket or rag.... not just letting them spray... then check for the air

the only thing i can think of is that the filter is clogged or that the intake is clogged just take the top off the filter box and crank it up or turn it over if it will not crank and you have fuel spark and airflow then you may want to check the compression in your engine if it is below about 120 i'd say your piston rings need replacing badly normal i think is around 145 psi... any other input is welcome

Add your comment to this topic!