Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Base RSX Stock Specs

XenonVX
10-07-2003, 01:55 AM
I'm studying the differences of the Base RSX and the Type-S. I know the 0-60 on a stock Type-S is anywhere between 6.2 and 6.7 seconds. Is there anyone with a stock base RSX that knows its 0-60 time?

Also, is there anyone that has test driven the two and felt a significant difference?

Btw, I'm extremely curious because I'm moving up from a cavalier sedan... so either will be an extreme upgrade.

Thanks!

Anton
10-07-2003, 04:09 PM
well for one, type s is manual while the base is auto and it should be somewhere around 7.5-8.0 0-60, and leather seats, sunroof bose not inlcuded like on the type s but optional

XenonVX
10-08-2003, 04:47 PM
I knew that... but you can also get the base model in a 5 speed. Has anyone ever clocked a base RSX?

ChicagoK20
10-16-2003, 02:10 AM
I knew that... but you can also get the base model in a 5 speed. Has anyone ever clocked a base RSX?

yeeeep
16.3 at 88 mph w/ manual tranny

first time at the track... my reaction time was atleast a second on that

you can def push out hiiiigh 15's on the base model

the average time for the type-s is between 15.3 and 14.7

GET THE TYPE S!!
trust me
i regret it sooo much
actually i didnt have a choice but the type s is the way to go

sageprime1
10-23-2003, 01:31 PM
yeeeep
16.3 at 88 mph w/ manual tranny

first time at the track... my reaction time was atleast a second on that

you can def push out hiiiigh 15's on the base model

the average time for the type-s is between 15.3 and 14.7

GET THE TYPE S!!
trust me
i regret it sooo much
actually i didnt have a choice but the type s is the way to go

Yeah man, get the Type-S, i have an automatic, my reaction time is sick, .018, and i did a 16.999 at 74mph. The fastest i've seen a type-s on the track and in magazines, stock was 15.20. HOWEVER, if you plan on turbocharging the RSX like i did, i would recommend the base model only because of the lower compression. HOWEVER, if you get the type-s, you can lower the compression with a different head gasket (preferrably a copper head). My best run with my turbo RSX at 5psi was 15 flat. That could have been better, my reaction time was .7. I believe at 5psi i could have did mid 14's. Once i optimize the car wiht my AFC and up the boost to say 7-8psi, i know i'll be in the 13's.

aznxthuggie
10-26-2003, 04:26 PM
well for one, type s is manual while the base is auto and it should be somewhere around 7.5-8.0 0-60, and leather seats, sunroof bose not inlcuded like on the type s but optional

Base isn't only auto.. the majority of "base" cars come with 5 speed, because automatic transmission is more costly than manual

Shinnypoo
10-27-2003, 12:41 PM
yeah the type s is ognna be ALOT faster, but the ride on a type s is sooo firm that when your driving on a bad road you just want to cry :disappoin

Add your comment to this topic!