Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

H22 Swap How To

SURENO
10-06-2003, 08:17 PM
Im Finally Getting Ready To Swap My Usdm H22 Into My 94 Honda Accord Lx. Im Also Swapping From Automatic 2 Manual. Hopefully Everything Goes As Planned. Just Want To Know If Anybody Knows A Good Web Site With A Good Step By Step How- To On This Swap. Also Can Anybody Give Me Any Heads Up On Problems I May Encounter Along The Way.

akina_speedstars
10-07-2003, 09:08 AM
Im Finally Getting Ready To Swap My Usdm H22 Into My 94 Honda Accord Lx. Im Also Swapping From Automatic 2 Manual. Hopefully Everything Goes As Planned. Just Want To Know If Anybody Knows A Good Web Site With A Good Step By Step How- To On This Swap. Also Can Anybody Give Me Any Heads Up On Problems I May Encounter Along The Way.

I think the recent issue of Sport Compact Car has a "How to" engine swap article for Accords. If I recall, it was for a plain 4 cyl to VTEC 4 cyl swap.

SURENO
10-07-2003, 12:20 PM
thanxs for the reply ill take a look at it.

jsr1200
10-08-2003, 08:59 PM
thanxs for the reply ill take a look at it.

i'm about to do the same thing in a few months also w/a built 97' h22a.I know that the h22 is actually the motor intended to come w/ the accord so it should fit w/ no probs.But the recent article on an h22 swap says the engine mounts will ne persuading.i think that they did this on an Lx and not the vtec equipped ex.So depending on what you've got you may or may not have a prob i guess.Oh and you'll have to change the ecu and harness.

SURENO
10-09-2003, 10:35 PM
I Have Another Question Though. Does Any One Know Of A Company Who Sells A Motor Mount & A Harness Kit For A Pain Free Swap. It Would Be For A 94 Accord Lx. Does Something Like This Even Exist.

broketrannyaccord
10-20-2003, 09:13 PM
I Have Another Question Though. Does Any One Know Of A Company Who Sells A Motor Mount & A Harness Kit For A Pain Free Swap. It Would Be For A 94 Accord Lx. Does Something Like This Even Exist.No it doesn't exist because there is no such parts neccy. its plug and play. buy a case of your favorite brew, invite a few mech. inclined friends over for the weekend, steal/borrow someone's bad ass snap-on or mac tool set and get ready for a fun weekend.

castback
10-20-2003, 09:18 PM
Hasport has the engine mounts that you might need. you should replace the old ones

92lx
10-21-2003, 12:48 AM
check out my signature.

The H22 swap in the SCC article was horribly done, they really messed up on a lot of things. (see the many threads on pretty much every honda board since then *laughs*)

- Nathan

nozpwrdcrd2000
10-24-2003, 01:45 PM
H22a.org has info on a swap for your gen. Good luck! I just got a swap in August. OBD2 h22a4 in a 2000 4dr lx. SIR-T changeover. It fits pretty nicely. Just a couple of hints. Get a port n polish and build upgrades, if you can before you swap engines. You'll be glad you did.
Expect some setbacks, little things here and there.
Drind and polish the engine before insert. It will look better.
I had to wait 2 mnths for a wiring harness but I finally got it and the car runs great. Inform yourself about a code 12 engine light code which is the EGR VALVE code. The engine light seems to turn on frequently when the car rises temperatures. It has to do with the richness the car is running and the emissions, I think. I havent figured out how to correct for that but I thing an EMS stand alone Engine Management System will do the trick. I plan on building the internals and droppng a turbo for a turbo/nitrous setup so more money more headaches and theres no telling how fast I'll go? good luck with your swap.

burn000
10-28-2003, 04:19 PM
i have a civic with an h22 .... jdm one .... and im getting a code 12 flashing... no one seems to be able to tell me y ... anyone can help..... e mail me back please burn000@hotmail.com

wagsaccordsir
11-04-2003, 03:35 PM
Try these sites!

http://www.h22.org
http://members.aol.com/accorddrv/h22.html
http://www.extremeredline.net/accord/automanual.html

PEACE
~J

juju4uofa
02-09-2004, 08:59 AM
H22a.org has a good description of the installation process for 4th and 5th generation accords. As for the motor mounts you can use the stock mounts from the accord except the drivers side mount, which you can use off the prelude

Add your comment to this topic!