Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

gauges

Salchi
10-05-2003, 09:55 PM
I installed my G3 gauge trims. I didn't have a problem with, but now I don't know color wire I'm suppose to hot wire the guages into. I already bought a Hayes manual and I'm still stuck!
One more thing, how much would a H22 engine and 6 speed tranny run me, from a junkyard. I really don't care what condition their because I plan on installing all racing parts during the winter.

92lx
10-06-2003, 12:06 AM
they don't make a 6 speed transmission that'll fit the h22, unless you have one custom built, but you're talking about big $$$ then. As for a running h22, expect to spend $1700-2500 depending w/o or w/ transmission, etc

- Nathan

Salchi
10-07-2003, 08:17 AM
Thanks man, but do you or anyone else know how
I could wire my gauges to the car?

tenguzero
10-07-2003, 10:50 PM
best bet is to pick up a package of "T-Taps" at your local automotive/dept. store. Then splice into a line running to somewhere on your dash that lights up. One of the easiest spots (the one I used in my 5th gen) is to just pop out the dimmer switch (which you most likely had to do anyways if you own a 94-97) and tap one of the wires. I can NEVER remember which one it is I tapped. Actually I tapped both. I'd originally tapped (I think) the red wire, which was linked directly to the dim control. So when I adjusted my dash lights brighter or dimmer, the indiglo's went the opposite way. So I popped out the switch and tapped the other wire instead (red/black stripe, I think) which is direct current. Now I can adjust both independently. No problems.

Add your comment to this topic!