Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

leaky header

gsracer
10-05-2003, 08:52 PM
I have a dc 4-1 stainless steal header and cant figure out why it leaks so bad. I have tryed the stock gasket and a copper gasket and I get the same terrible sound with both.. Is it cracked or what? Please help.. I have also took it off and inspected it for cracks but could not find any. Any tips on finding cracks in headers or if anybody ever had trouble like this and could tell me what they did would be all gravy.

98-integra
10-05-2003, 09:42 PM
why dont you just take it off and check to see if it cracked

whtteg
10-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Alot of the time the leak comes from were the header connects to the cat. Some times the header will not fit squarely against the cat and there will be a leak. Did you buy the header new? If so they have a warranty I would return it for a new one.

jeremy172
10-06-2003, 11:19 PM
I have a dc 4-1 stainless steal header and cant figure out why it leaks so bad. I have tryed the stock gasket and a copper gasket and I get the same terrible sound with both.. Is it cracked or what? Please help.. I have also took it off and inspected it for cracks but could not find any. Any tips on finding cracks in headers or if anybody ever had trouble like this and could tell me what they did would be all gravy.

use high temp rtv if its not cracked it worked for me

Add your comment to this topic!