10-08-2003, 10:12 AM
**gets on knees and prays to rotary gods***

"Please! Please! Please! put a 3 rotor engine in the new RX-7"

dayna240sx
10-08-2003, 10:16 AM
**gets on knees and prays to rotary gods***

"Please! Please! Please! put a 3 rotor engine in the new RX-7"

no,
I STILL think it would be better if they stretched the rotors another 10mm or so each and keep it a 2 rotor.

3 rotor 20B's have the same overlap as a 2-rotor, so unless they re-design the e-shaft in the 3-rotor so each rotor is opposed from another 120 degrees it would be useless,

much more power can be obtained by wider rotors, keep the rev happy nature of the 12A/13B, but with mass amounts more torque...

Jims5543
10-08-2003, 10:26 AM
There are rumors floating around that a 1.5 litre (or 3.0 for you haters) renesis engine is developed. I personally would like to see a 3 rotor renesis although its highly unlikely. Can I at least fantasize about it. :D

mazdadrifter
10-08-2003, 11:16 AM
no,
I STILL think it would be better if they stretched the rotors another 10mm or so each and keep it a 2 rotor.

3 rotor 20B's have the same overlap as a 2-rotor, so unless they re-design the e-shaft in the 3-rotor so each rotor is opposed from another 120 degrees it would be useless,

much more power can be obtained by wider rotors, keep the rev happy nature of the 12A/13B, but with mass amounts more torque...

I for one believe it would be easier to design a new eccentric shaft, than a completely new rotor/housings (entireley new motor). Essentially they would be adding onto what they already know.

I like the idea of a 20b renisis with each rotor 120 degrees out, and providing seamless power, and impoving torque figures. The power to weight would stay the same as the renisis, yet you would add 50% more power with the 3 rotor.

Really the only down side would be adding a couple more moving parts, and the added weight of the extra housing/rotor. But if you take into account that added weight of the turbo/supercharger that it would take to bring the 2 rotor into the same power range, as well as the decreased reliability of boosting. The 20b starts to sound even better.

As far as rev happy, it should be able to stay similair to the 13b, due to the 120 degree out of phase setup, as well as a lighter flywheel that can be utilized due to the more torquy (lol) motor.

If you figure that the new rx8's are seeing 200 hp to the wheels, you should be able to expect 300 hp to the wheels (360-370 flywheel hp) of a 20 n/a powered rx8/7. Which would be a great place to be to put the 7 back into domination.

Regardless what they decide to do They need more than the present renisis!!

Steel
10-08-2003, 01:23 PM
wow. I thought that the 20b rotors were already 120 degrees apart. Welp, guess you learn something new everyday.

Just imagine, 3 rotors, 10mm wider, spaced 120 apart AND turbocharged. Oh yeah. :evillol: 23b i guess it would be then, prolly pushing close to 350 horse, and i bet just as much torque.

white2abbit
10-08-2003, 09:33 PM
Alex

You're good at chopping - i've seen u in the graphic manipulation section...no offense or ne thing but i think you should leave the design of the next-gen RX-7 to the ppl @ mazda, as i've seen a picture in a magazine of what it's supposed to look like, and its soooo sick!

Keep on choppin man, no discouragement at all...just leave the RX-7 to the ppl at mazda....(i know you weren't being serious, just thought you'd post ur RX-7 chop) w/e its all good :grinno:

Soyo
10-11-2003, 02:20 AM
I wish it would look like that! especially the rear end, something about it is just awesome...

Shiftlock
10-11-2003, 03:01 AM
That pic looks very similiar to one of Re Amemiya's Rx-7's.

spididdy
10-14-2003, 05:56 PM
Alex

You're good at chopping - i've seen u in the graphic manipulation section...no offense or ne thing but i think you should leave the design of the next-gen RX-7 to the ppl @ mazda, as i've seen a picture in a magazine of what it's supposed to look like, and its soooo sick!

Keep on choppin man, no discouragement at all...just leave the RX-7 to the ppl at mazda....(i know you weren't being serious, just thought you'd post ur RX-7 chop) w/e its all good :grinno:

well i have an article picture of the supposed new rx-7 and i think it looks too much like the rx-8(which im not a very big fan of ) imo i think they dshould take the fd model and go from there to make the new one. like make it more evolved if i might say.

white2abbit
10-14-2003, 10:19 PM
That all depends on where you saw the picture of the 2005 RX-7. I've seen good and bad proposals - but the one i was referring to was from R & T (if I can remember correctly), and looked very little like the current RX-8 model. Here is the picture that I liked...(shitty quality, bad effects done by the company hosting the image).

http://files.automotiveforums.com/img/1549106939_image001.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!