Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power Window problem

Maximln
10-05-2003, 05:57 PM
I have a 96 Dodge Avenger ES and I am having a problem with the power windows. Both of them stopped working. I guess it could be the motors but it seems odd that both of them would quit at the same time. There is a 30amp power window fuse under the hood that seems to be good. I've exchanged it with other 30amp fuses in the panel and they all seem to work properly. I've also taken the switches apart and they seem to fine as well. I've removed the door panels and all wiring seems to be OK. Does anyone have any other suggestions other than the motors? Is there some sort of relay or other fuse that could be the problem? It seems like there is just no power to the motors.

Thanks in advance,

Max

HotFlames786
12-08-2003, 08:12 PM
I'm not too sure about that. I have the same year and model as you and haven't had any problems. Sounds like you checked everything that I can think of too...I'll let you know if I come up with any solutions!

Maximln
12-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Thanks so much for your reply. I really don't know what else to check.

Thanks again,

Max

jay6g73
12-22-2003, 08:35 PM
get a voltmeter and check for power when u hit the switches

zbars1977
12-16-2009, 11:41 AM
try checking the power window relay, i believe its in the fuse pannel inside the car, at the top above the fuses....im having same problem, let me know if you find the solution, gonna check mine tomarrow.

Add your comment to this topic!