Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mesh...

metal
10-05-2003, 02:16 PM
What do you guys think is the best way to draw mesh? I remember seeing someones F150 that had AWESOME mesh, I don't think they said how they did it though. Heres a sample pic... http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/212000-212999/212237_2_full.jpg

Alex5390
10-05-2003, 03:42 PM
i know its tough, but what I would actually do is make a bunch of lines that intersect each other. okay... that wasn't funny... :loser:
but seriously, what else COULD you do?

metal
10-05-2003, 08:24 PM
I guess I shoulda clarified what I meant :) What I'm talking about are more towards doing the mesh in white, so probably ERASED, letting me shade and draw details under the mesh as well. I'm probably guessing a really fine tipped eraser pen or something?

Alex5390
10-05-2003, 09:45 PM
oh... not much of an artist here but i would guess that you would draw the outlines of the mesh... do u get what i'm saying?

MickeyG
10-06-2003, 09:55 PM
Personally I would go for some negative drawing rather than erasing the mesh out of a dark background.....draw the squares/diamonds between the wires....and then go back over it and add some tone to the 'wires' to give the 3D effect of going under and over etc.

Michelle
www.robertsonstudios.com :smokin:

MALIX
10-09-2003, 05:34 AM
Well, if I was going to go at it, I'd lightly draw the lines and then fill in carefully every square one by one,yes, ONE BY ONE!.. while lighting up and darkening up squares where I want to point out something underneath. Fortunately, I'm not a fan of the "chicken wire" on any car unless it came stock and even then seek a more attractive replacement.

Additionally, if you were to make it a computer generated, MickeyG's concept will probably be more efficient.

MALIX

gnasha
10-09-2003, 06:01 AM
Well, if I was going to go at it, I'd lightly draw the lines and then fill in carefully every square one by one,yes, ONE BY ONE!.. while lighting up and darkening up squares where I want to point out something underneath. Fortunately, I'm not a fan of the "chicken wire" on any car unless it came stock and even then seek a more attractive replacement.
:iceslolan :iceslolan totally agree with that on both point... the way to draw it and the chicken being wired to a car... :sly:
I prefer indeed the vents totally open, the grill being hidden.

MALIX
10-10-2003, 05:37 AM
:iceslolan :iceslolan totally agree with that on both point... the way to draw it and the chicken being wired to a car... :sly:
I prefer indeed the vents totally open, the grill being hidden.

"...and a chicken being wired to a car" ??? :rofl: That's not what I said, but man, your misguided or maybe mistyped comment kept me cracking up over and over. Why have a chicken wire when you can have a chicken wired to your car instead, or a turkey -- Gobble-gobble!

Thanks man, I needed a laugh.
MALIX

P.S. Sorry, metal, didnt mean to change the topic, I just couldnt help it. :lol:

MALIX
10-10-2003, 05:42 AM
You know, after another look at your example picture, I got another idea. If you consider filling-in the background behind with dark enough markers, you can run accross with a yellow or white color pencil (nicely sharpened). You might get the effect without the hassle.

Good Luck, Mate.

MALIX

AirAllen01
10-10-2003, 08:19 AM
On the F150, I used the technique that Malix first said. I drew in the diamonds and let them make the lines for the mesh. The pic of the truck is on page 5 of this forum.

gnasha
10-10-2003, 09:48 AM
Thanks man, I needed a laugh.
Good, that was my intention. When I read ur message it came straight away in my mind.

you can run accross with a yellow or white color pencil (nicely sharpened).
Anyway, back to the subject you had another good idea, can I just add that you (Metal) could also use a white biro or a corrector with a really fine tip, it's usually what I use for highlight on marker rendering.

metal
10-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Thanks for all of the tips guys, I'll try some of your advice out sometime this weekend when I actually have time to work on that drawing :) I've been playing ddrmax 2 for the past week ;)

omicron
10-10-2003, 09:14 PM
drawing your mesh, I think that you should add one bold line for the mesh, then make a skinny line with a gap off to the right. make it look like shadows hitting it. :naughty:
http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/172mesh.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!