Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 S10 Heater core replacement?

Jay85
10-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Hi Fellas',can anyone please give me a basic idea how much time and trouble it is to replace the heater core? Would I be better off putting it in the shop,(never did this before)? Thanks for any help. Jay85

frank3624
10-04-2003, 09:19 PM
I have a chevy 97 S10 no heat I changed the thermostat with no luck I noticed there is a temperture control switch on the dash could this be my problem ? or does anyone have any suggestions .

Frank

GMMerlin
10-05-2003, 07:04 AM
Hi Fellas',can anyone please give me a basic idea how much time and trouble it is to replace the heater core? Would I be better off putting it in the shop,(never did this before)? Thanks for any help. Jay85
You will need to remove the dash on your truck to replace the heater core....
Do a search of the forums and you will find some tips and tricks people have posted.

GMMerlin
10-05-2003, 07:06 AM
I have a chevy 97 S10 no heat I changed the thermostat with no luck I noticed there is a temperture control switch on the dash could this be my problem ? or does anyone have any suggestions .

Frank
Are the heater hoses getting hot?
If one is warm and the other cold than most likely you have a stopped up heater core.
What is the condition of your cooling system? Any brown sludge in the radiator or overflow tank?

frank3624
10-05-2003, 12:04 PM
Are the heater hoses getting hot?
If one is warm and the other cold than most likely you have a stopped up heater core.
What is the condition of your cooling system? Any brown sludge in the radiator or overflow tank?

Both hoses are Hot out of the manifold and warm at the heater core entry .I have no sludge in the radiator or the resevoir .

Thank you for help any further help would greatly appreciated .

Frank

frank3624
10-08-2003, 06:40 PM
Both hoses are Hot out of the manifold and warm at the heater core entry .I have no sludge in the radiator or the resevoir .

Thank you for help any further help would greatly appreciated .

Frank
Thank's for all your help I back flushed the system once did not work so I Back flushed the system again during back flushing I crimped the hose before the tee to force the water through the heater core . I didn't fell like replacing the heater coreI replaced the heater core on my previously 91 S 10 it is not easy & wentttt to the library & discovered I lwould have to take most of the dash apart . Again Thanks

Sincerly ,

Frank Ranieri :)

Add your comment to this topic!