Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Favorite Accord Generation

Pages : [1] 2

darkaccord
10-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Whats all your guys' favorite generation of Accord?

I'll put 5th in for me.

BullShifter
10-04-2003, 01:31 AM
I would say the same - 5th gen. Any thing 1998 & newer just has way too many problems for being Honda's(V6 transmissions mainly). 6th gen Accord was the most common car that came in for service issues(major problems) while working for Honda. That doesn't count all the kids who messed up Civic's by racing or trying to work on it themselves.

Give the 7th gen's another year & my opinion my change, I like the 6-speed V6(its about time) Maybe next it will have a German influenced rear wheel drive, like cars should have. I would never buy the 1st model year of a re-design - ALWAYS ALWAYS problems. Like the '02 CRV, check engine coming on in the first few hundred miles & Honda didn't have a fix for it until 3 months after the issue was discovered.

LX-biker
10-06-2003, 08:50 PM
Cool look and exelent road feel of 3rd gen. Thats all Run forever with minor problems.
6th gen I have is too american, feel like caddy 5 speed for lazy girl hunter. Some what am still can't understand about designers idea...
Think 7 gen more worst but didn' tested yet, just seat inside and read reviews.
Next car will be not a Honda likely... Sorry bout that.

under advisement
10-08-2003, 01:15 AM
I took a '04 V6 6sp out for a test drive the other day and was very impressed. The diference between the 6sp and the auto is night and day, Honda automatics are huge powerhogs. The biggest problems I've seen with the 7th gen Accords so far (besides new model squeaks and rattles) is some issues with the front brakes pulling and a couple of bad steering racks. I've already seen a couple of '03s above 40,000 miles with no major problems.

njaccord
10-08-2003, 02:31 AM
5th gen accords...

there a lot more unique looking then the other gen accords. i like how the rear of the car is "chunky" and round opposed to the other boxey accords IMO.

HondaSpeed
10-08-2003, 11:21 AM
I am 5th all the way... my 95 still looks like new and it's not hard to keep it that way plus it still runs great. I was sitting in a new Accord v6 the other day and would like to get to drive one, but until that day it's the 5th generation Honda all the way!

darkaccord
10-08-2003, 07:48 PM
I think the 6th gen has a nicer looking front end than the 5th, but the back of the 6th is BUTT UGLY, IMO.

I wish they could combine the front of the 6th gen (with the wider body) and the tail lights of the 5th gen. :iceslolan

00accord44
10-09-2003, 11:44 PM
5th gen gets my vote. I had a 94 LX 5spd til some idiot lady smached the front of it a few winters ago. Now I drive a 6th gen, but the 5th was much better. I agree the tail lights on my car are a lil too :gay: for my tastes. The pink lens just ruins it all. I am replacing them with red/clears soon. I love the 1-piece headlights though.

92lx
10-13-2003, 04:53 PM
4th gen - timeless lines, very far ahead of its time when it came out in many ways, lighter weight, a much meaner look than the later gens to me....the 5th gets my next vote, then the 3rd, then the v6 coupe. The 4th gen also readily accept the h22a easier than the 5th gen ....not a big difference, but enough for me to put it here needlessly, I'm a much bigger fan of the coupes of all these models though ;o).

- Nathan

cwoblong
10-20-2003, 03:58 PM
5th gen.MY first was a 95 with 80,000. It was super clean.Had it a week and a half be for some OLD BASTERD rearended me at a red light going 50 mph.Had not even washed it yet.

djchiena
10-20-2003, 04:18 PM
I'll gladly take my 5th gen as the front runner on this poll! I like the way the car looks and it looks even better with external mods!

Raybrig R1300 Fog Lamps
17" Racing Hart C3 rims
Torque Converter
Greddy Evo Exhaust
AEM Cam Gears
Aem Tru Power Pulley
DC Sports Headers
Hi flow Catalytic converter
Apex'i V-AFC VTEC Controller
Ported Throttle Body
Hyperground Systems Ground Kit (to be installed)
Clarion VRX-925VD DVD unit
2 8" Kicker Solo Baric Woofers
Soundstrem Picasso 2.600 AMP
Skunk2 coilovers (yuck!)
Stock Driver

Little Burner
10-20-2003, 07:20 PM
I love 5th gens :2cents:

i.c.
10-25-2003, 12:39 PM
3rd gen...never let me down... :smile:

mycivic
11-16-2003, 12:21 AM
i like the way the 7th gen looks like...just the way it looks like though. :ylsuper:

SteveDX89
11-18-2003, 03:02 PM
I voted 3rd gen. I wonder why. :rolleyes: I love the look. It may be older and boxier but I love the crisp lines. I think it's a look that's stood the test of time. And the flip up headlights are awesome We just need more aftermarket support. It can be a pain in the dick finding parts.

ArideII
11-18-2003, 03:07 PM
6th Gen for me. I just got a 7th Gen and it looks better, it's faster, but it just isn't as comfortable.

flatline
11-18-2003, 11:30 PM
definately the 6th gen, i personally don't like the 7th gen looks, but i do like the engine. Still i think the 6th gen looks the most the way a japanese car should look, somewhat sleek, but still quiet. this seems to go against what some people think with their 200 lb bodykits, but hey, each to his own.

Omar45
11-26-2003, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=djchiena]I'll gladly take my 5th gen as the front runner on this poll! I like the way the car looks and it looks even better with external mods!

Raybrig R1300 Fog Lamps
17" Racing Hart C3 rims
Torque Converter
Greddy Evo Exhaust
AEM Cam Gears
Aem Tru Power Pulley
DC Sports Headers
Hi flow Catalytic converter
Apex'i V-AFC VTEC Controller
Ported Throttle Body
Hyperground Systems Ground Kit (to be installed)
Clarion VRX-925VD DVD unit
2 8" Kicker Solo Baric Woofers
Soundstrem Picasso 2.600 AMP
Skunk2 coilovers (yuck!)

I was thinking about buying, Skunk2 coilovers why don't you like them, are they too bouncy?

speedsters9
12-01-2003, 02:06 AM
I'd go with the 4th gen... coupe that is, next vote would be the 6th, but only the coupe... I don't like 4 dr cars, if you like 4 doors, you probably like vans too.

portaman03
12-01-2003, 03:29 AM
i cant count on one hand the number of times ppl have complimented on how my car looks newer compared to other 94's. 5th gen baby.

F23A4Racer750IL
12-02-2003, 07:50 PM
im a hardcore 6th gen enthusiast 4 life. theyve never let me down. ive had 2 of them and been nuttin but satisfied w/ there reliability, handling, comfort, performance, sex appeal, etc. long live the 6th gen.

markwb
12-06-2003, 06:48 PM
I have to go with the 4th. generation. All my Accords ('82 LX Hatchback, '87 LXi Hatchback, '93 EX Coupe) were great cars, but the '93 was the best.

MosBoost
12-10-2003, 06:04 AM
i like my 6th gen (4dr) stock engine blows but h22a does quite nicely i like the front and the rear just sux but i has great sleeper abilities many tegs have fallen to my 6 gen muh hahaha :cough: sorry got carried away but yea 6th gen

avpart3
01-05-2004, 04:14 PM
6th generation coupe was ahead of its time when it came out. Thats what I have now. I think the 4th generation was futuristic when it dropped. But My fav might be the 5th gen on a overall level. I used to have a 3rd generation so that was my first love.

F23A4Racer750IL
01-06-2004, 05:56 PM
I would say the same - 5th gen. Any thing 1998 & newer just has way too many problems for being Honda's(V6 transmissions mainly). 6th gen Accord was the most common car that came in for service issues(major problems) while working for Honda. That doesn't count all the kids who messed up Civic's by racing or trying to work on it themselves.

Give the 7th gen's another year & my opinion my change, I like the 6-speed V6(its about time) Maybe next it will have a German influenced rear wheel drive, like cars should have. I would never buy the 1st model year of a re-design - ALWAYS ALWAYS problems. Like the '02 CRV, check engine coming on in the first few hundred miles & Honda didn't have a fix for it until 3 months after the issue was discovered.

i had a 99 Accord 5spd. heavily modified and had no problems wit the transmission or any other parts for that matter. but i guess u were talkin bout the 4spd Auto. either way had not one problem wit the car.

goat_launcher
01-06-2004, 09:51 PM
85' Accord Hatchback coupe in grey, with some dope ass OZ 17" five spokes. That would be my all-time every day driver/beater car. :ylsuper:

pressoranks
01-07-2004, 01:38 PM
4th Generation Accord is it for me. Thats my second Accord and so far I have been waiting for a more satisfying generation to replace it with. The current generation is awesome looking until I get to the back end (of the 4 door). If I could just get a 4 door with the coupe back-end.

My 93 has 330,000 miles original engine still going strong. That 4 banger feels like a v6. 5 on the floor of course, clutch replaced at 260k. Only significant sign of wear is a 1/2 inch depression in the steering spoke where I rest my thumb when driving.

Maple50175
01-08-2004, 12:57 AM
CB7!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the way!

NINaudio
01-09-2004, 09:56 AM
6th gen coupe is my fav and what I have. Fell in love with it the first time I saw one.

evilaccordsi
01-11-2004, 02:16 AM
i would have to say that 4th generation accord is the best. its has great frame, an elegant yet sporty exterior, modest power( which can be remeded with a swap of some sort), and has the most interior room of all. this generation of accord is what really created and gave honda ist name. the fact that i own one also helps with the selection process.

jajimo
01-21-2004, 12:47 AM
I own a 5th Gen but I really like the design of the 7th gen coupe. However, I am completely, 100% against the 7th gen USDM sedan. God, who the hell was smoking what when they designed those tail lights?

I am more partial to the 2000-2003 JDM Accord Inspire, however =P Also known as the 2000-2003 Acura 3.2 TL.

pressoranks
01-22-2004, 07:48 AM
I own a 5th Gen but I really like the design of the 7th gen coupe. However, I am completely, 100% against the 7th gen USDM sedan. God, who the hell was smoking what when they designed those tail lights?

I am more partial to the 2000-2003 JDM Accord Inspire, however =P Also known as the 2000-2003 Acura 3.2 TL.

I agree on the tail lights, thats the only turn off on the cars - the 2 door is a serious head turner however. I may still get one- cause my 4th Gen is now 10 years old - and I just cant wait another 4 years.

I suspect they hired away some Toyota engineers, who are famous for screwing up the rear-end of otherwise good looking cars.

thewoahna
02-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Gotta go with the 4th also, I would think that the 6th comes in second though.

projekakkord
02-16-2004, 07:48 PM
Loving my 4th gen, wouldnt have any other.....

chavocrazy69
02-26-2004, 02:57 PM
4th Gen All the way! My 90 Accord has never let me down. I like the look the ride the eveything. I really feel sorry for all these suckers in their shitty Grand Prixes and Grand Ams!

dougthegreat
03-08-2004, 09:57 PM
Having owned a 4th and now recently buying a 6th, I like my '99 better than my '93. I had the EX model both times, but the '99 is just more comfy. Plus, it's a V6 :). The 93 was a pretty reliable little car. I've owned the '99 for a week, and it's already having slight problems - if you want to help, feel free, I posted about the screwy gas gauge :)

Did they forget a generation here? What about the 200- models that have the sharp slanted triangular lights?

pbateson
03-09-2004, 04:48 PM
I like 5th gens because they have a cupholder. 4th gens doesn't have a cupholder. I don't like 4th gens because it getting old than 5th gens.

1995 Accord is look much better than '96-'97 Accord.

dougthegreat
03-09-2004, 04:54 PM
anyone know how much larger the body on a more recent Gen. versus the earlier ones like five and four? I'm just curious.

Parking my '99 seems a lot more difficult than my '93!

markwb
03-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Shouldn't be much different, I would guess. Did you compare wheel base & turn radius between '93, '99?

chavocrazy69
03-09-2004, 08:19 PM
pbateson, 4th gens do have cupholders, well, at least LX and up. I guess with older accords you should avoid DX's cuz they don't have Anything. Not even a fuckin cupholder!

Konflix Integra
03-10-2004, 05:30 PM
I am thonkin about getting an accord, But only know about the B-series motors. I have a buddie that has an auto H22 motor that gives those ricers a good glempse of his 4th gen 2dr tail lamps... Is a 90-93 Honda accord coupe w/ H22A4 motor and tranny swap as fast as a GS-R. what does that car run in the 1/4 on adverege with a good driver? What does the car run stock? Will I be satisfied w/ this car even though I currently drive a turbo teggy?

mwkirchner
03-10-2004, 06:53 PM
I had to vote for the 6th generation as I now own one.

I was lucky (very lucky) to aquire this 1998 Accord EX V6 with leather interior for a mere $500 ... yes ... you are reading that right (I did not forget any zeroes). I bought it from someone who ran over something and took out the oil pan, pickup tube, 'B' pipe, all 3 heatshields against the floors and the rear O2 sensor. I put the oil pan and tube on and fill it with oil and started it ... no knocking. Runs like a clock. It is my daily driver now. I will have less then $1000 in this car when totally fixed.

Here it is ...

http://www.geocities.com/mwkirchner2000/car/1998_Accord/P3070002.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/mwkirchner2000/car/1998_Accord/P3070003.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/mwkirchner2000/car/1998_Accord/P3070005.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/mwkirchner2000/car/1998_Accord/P3070010.jpg

markwb
03-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Mark, Real good deal on the '98 Accord. The price was definitely right. Nice car too. Not trying to be funny, but the pics (excellent photography also) really should be sized a little smaller for internet viewing.

mwkirchner
03-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Mark, Real good deal on the '98 Accord. The price was definitely right. Nice car too. Not trying to be funny, but the pics (excellent photography also) really should be sized a little smaller for internet viewing.

You on dial-up? :biggrin:

I like to make pics big enough for people to be able to see them.

There is nothing worse then having someone put pictures in a thread and they are postage stamp size. :shakehead

Datsun510forlife
06-02-2004, 01:27 PM
I have a 3rd generation Accord and I love the thing to peices,its has some rust,as do they all,but none the less it starts every morrning and goes like all hell.So I'm not getting rid of it at all.A RWD conversion will be done soon,don't like the drving charactoristics of FWD.Rememeber take care of your accord and your accord will take care you. :worshippy
Go banana man :bananasmi

AccordCoupe666
06-03-2004, 05:49 PM
5th is the best probably cause i have a 96. the look is one of the best they designed i think. plus their are far many more after-market parts for this generation which is a big plus.

kd4rmm
06-14-2004, 11:42 PM
I love the 84 Accord, small yet roomy, really enjoy the 1.8L with carb. The body lines are nice and clean, has the nicest power steering of any of the 8 vehicles I currently own. Like I said not as big as the newer generation Accords, like the narrow body.

tacoaccord
06-15-2004, 02:45 PM
I have to say 4th generation, I love our `92! I have only spent about $50 in repairs over the two past years! Everything else was normal maintenance (oil, tires, brakes, etc.). Not bad for a 12.5 year old car! Only 135k miles on it, and it seems to be good for quite a bit more. 200k would be awesome, but the car would be around 18 years old by then!

The only accords I don't like are the newest generation and the generation that had the triangular taillights. Those look like civivs from the back. 6th generation looks good too...

88accord88
06-26-2004, 12:24 AM
I own an 88 accord and an 85 accord. 88's an auto and 85's a manual. I like the 85 more. Its much more fuel efficient - much much more and its an old worn looking car meaning I can get away with rasher more brazen moves on the streets without raising other driver's ire. I run red lights, cross dozens of lanes at once, speed and swerve randomly, yet never get gestured or hooted or swarn at. People respect worn old car owners. Plus its engine is spacious and simple. The air-filter cover is probably the easiest in the world to remove. The fluids are instantly accessable and parts are practically free. It cost me $NZD700( about $US500) and runs as smooth as a spring filly. All its electrics work perfectly. And its quite fast. I had it up to 170kph(106 mph) on the Canterbury Plains. I cruised at 120kph(72 mph) for several hours with it practically idling at just over 3000 rpms. And with two new front tyres, I can outpace almost everyone off the lights. Needs two new wheel-bearings, and gas-struts for the hatch, thats all.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AhKord96
06-29-2004, 01:42 AM
5th gen all the way... although the new 6spd is badass!

94accord-hurting!!
06-29-2004, 03:04 AM
hi just about a month ago my 94 honda accord 4 cylinder had a new head put in. now ive been having problems with the car in that when i drive it, just as soon as it warms up my check engine light comes on and the "d4" gear light on the display starts to blink. ok my car stalls a bit when i push on the gas whether or not warmed up. ex. at a stop i try to accelerate just even a little bit and the car stalls. even more so when i push the gas harder. can someone please help me. what is the problem? and also where can i retrieve codes from the computer i heard that w/using a paper clip this is possible where?

AhKord96
06-29-2004, 06:02 AM
hi just about a month ago my 94 honda accord 4 cylinder had a new head put in. now ive been having problems with the car in that when i drive it, just as soon as it warms up my check engine light comes on and the "d4" gear light on the display starts to blink. ok my car stalls a bit when i push on the gas whether or not warmed up. ex. at a stop i try to accelerate just even a little bit and the car stalls. even more so when i push the gas harder. can someone please help me. what is the problem? and also where can i retrieve codes from the computer i heard that w/using a paper clip this is possible where?
Uh..........definitetly wrong board! Try the old fashion thing first by disconnecting your battery overnight. The computer will reset itself usually after an hour. You might be sending a bad signal through a sensor after swapping the head. If your problem still persists, go to autozone and have them read the code for you, they'll do it for free. Post these type of questions in the "Accord" section.

xllSkylinellx
06-30-2004, 11:45 PM
The 7th gen Accords I think were a mistake.... I mean how could Honda make such an ugly car?

94hondaacc
07-01-2004, 02:58 PM
FIFTH GEN FOR ME. I HAVE HAD THREE IN THE PAST 4 YEARS, I EVEN HAD A FOURTH GEN, BUT IT WASNT THE SAME, THE INTERIOR OF THE FOURTH GEN IS A TAD TO SQUARE, AND THE FIFTH IS JUST RIGHT NOT BOXY, OR TO ROUND BUT NICE.THE EXTERIOR LOOKS AWESOME,EVEN TODAY WHICH IS SOMETHING YOU CANT SAY ABOUT ALL CARS THAT CAME OUT AROUND 94-97. :smokin:

mrgibby
07-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Gen 3 for me. This one's apparently the dark horse, lol. 88 Accord Lxi was my first Honda. I was an idiot for selling it. That was almost 10 yrs. ago though. Gen 3 was slick all the way, flip headlights, sweet edgy yet sleek lines, shoot even the steering wheel was cool. I have a Gen 3 91 wagon now. I love this car too, i'm itchin to make it a sleeper. I got my work cut out for me though, it's the LX. I'd like to slide the f22a6 into it, among many other mods. I'm shoppin for an 89 Prelude now, I wanted one of these little red puppies since they were new. :screwy:

mrgibby
07-07-2004, 11:44 PM
oops typo, my Gen 4, 91 LX wagon.

f22burnout
07-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Im with darkaccord if the front of the 5th gen had only the front end of the 6th gen it would be a nice piece of machinery. But I love my speedy 94. Although im having ignition prob's

dr31ew
07-11-2004, 01:57 PM
i have a 93, lx coupe... i love it. 140k and still rolling strong.. Possible h22 swap, but i have an auto :( we'll see

hatchbacksi
07-16-2004, 02:13 AM
first gens are whur iz at!

just kidding...i love the new ones....the coupes look like a mercedes...
mmmmmm

Darhemady1
08-01-2004, 02:17 PM
I love the 4th gen. They are the prettiest in my opnion and easy to drop a beast in there. Plus the less common they come the better, right eventhough my car is very common. But at least it is not common like those 5th, 6th, and 7th gens. One time for the ACCORDS anyway. Only pimps can drive accords.

Add your comment to this topic!