Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

VTI Problem w/VUE

WINGS
10-01-2003, 06:15 PM
Anyone know of or experience problems with the VTI tranny in VUE model; where as the car may not move forward after coasting down a slight incline. The latter can be for distance no more than 150 feet at times. In some cases it occurs when going up hill and it's as though the 'belt'??? or clutching is not engaged. Almost as though it's in neutral. If any help or known parts replacement/fixes, please let me know.

miamisl2
10-15-2003, 01:22 AM
check out saturnfans.com i have heard of problems with the vti but dont ask me about it.

Lucas1
06-22-2004, 06:04 PM
take it to the dealer, there is a 75K mile warranty on VTI's usually saturn authorizes replacment if there is no forward movement at times.

hast48
08-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know if Saturn (GM) has done anything about the VTi transmission problems? I was assured by the salesman that it was all taken care of but have had nothing but problems with the transmission (driving and the transmission doesn't seem like it's engaging). Can someone help????

sierrap615
08-25-2004, 01:13 AM
although i heard GM fixed the problem, i haven't kept a close eye on it.

as Lucas1 said, take it to the dealership and get the 75k warrenty. its the standard procedure.

saturnman
10-29-2004, 09:36 AM
the input and output speed sensors are shorted causing this concern...take it to the dealer for iss/oss replacement

BeatnikTermite
11-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Our 2004 VUE has been in three times for the loss of forward movement issue. The first time they replaces the Transmission Fluid, but said they couldn't duplicate the problem. I think they were trying to blow off my wife. The second time they replaced the Transmission Fluid Twice and reprogrammed the TCM Computer per a TSB. The third time they replaceed the Output Speed Sensor. It hasn't done it in three weeks, but I am still leary about the fixes. If it does it one more time, Saturn is going to have to step it up.

zmann29
11-09-2004, 10:03 PM
anybody experiencing problems with vti transmissions needs to make saturn step up to the plate now. if you notice the tranny not operating at 100% take it in. i'm on my scond trans. in four months. one june 2004/one11/09/04.

BeatnikTermite
03-09-2005, 07:39 AM
Follow up:

When we got all of that snow just before Christmas, we were at my parents house in Cleveland. The Transmission seemed to slip pulling out of the driveway in a foot of slop. I got worried for a second, then realized that it is finally working like it is supposed to. The input sensor was reading that the engine was reving up, and the output sensor was reading that the tires were not moving. The throttle let go, the tires cought up, and it kicked back in.

The VUE has not done this at all on nice road conditions in two months. Knock on wood, I hope the sensor swap was the cure.

Add your comment to this topic!