Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

JL 10w3, audiobahn 8000T 4 ga power cable install help

younglifeunc
09-30-2003, 12:16 PM
where can i run the power cable through the firewall on the 3.5 RL? i can't find a pre-existing hole.

killah_xft
09-30-2003, 08:25 PM
well, it's best if you go to a hardware store, or your local napa auto supply, and buy a few rubber grommets for your firewall. and drill your own holes through the firewall. get ones that fit snuggly around the wire. and just feed it through the firewall, and down the doorsills of your car to the trunk. just be sure that the side you run the power cable is the opposite of where your signal wire for the sub is going to be. you can get some nasty distortion from that. but for what i did in my accord I took a knife, cut a slit in one of the existing gromets underneath the steering column, fed a coat hanger through the slit, and into the engine bay. then I wrapped the hangar wire around 4 guage wire, and pulled it through the firewall. then I just ran it along the floorboards of the doors (cutting a few plastic pieces that were in the way to fit), and back into the trunk. most plastic siderunners just pop up, and you just pop them back into place when you are done running the wire.

Add your comment to this topic!