Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I need HELP, please?!?!

mommyrcr
09-30-2003, 11:13 AM
I hope this is the right place.. .I have 96 GSR motor in my car and when I start it up, it just stays at red line and just keep s bogging there unil we turn it off. We don't know what could be causing this... Is the motor shot in someway or did we miss something? :banghead: I would really rather avoid getting another motor, much less another swap. So if anyone out there could help me with this or has come across this problem before after a swap, we would appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Buzz1167
09-30-2003, 01:49 PM
Stays at red line? Like rev's up to 7000rpm by itself or something? If check the throttle cable to make sure its not stuck. Also Id check the connection on the manifold, take off the air intake, and look down the barrell, there should be a circular flap that is mostly closing (like 95%)the hole at idle, if it is gone, bent or just in the wrong postion, you need to fix it so it works like this (closed at idle and open at full throttle). There is a throttle adjustment screw on the intake maifold too, so that might be way to high or something, it should be at the top left of the throttle body.

HTH
Buzz1167
Jon N

mommyrcr
09-30-2003, 04:57 PM
thanks. i'll check that out and hopefully it works...

90CRXZCSi
09-30-2003, 06:40 PM
try unplugging the IAC. that should drop the idle. If it doesnt then something is messed up with the wiring.

mommyrcr
09-30-2003, 08:37 PM
Could it be that the intake manifold gasket was not properly installed? I took the manifold off and found that the pieces of the old gasket were still stuck there. Could it be that it wasn't a good seal?

Add your comment to this topic!