Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Whats this kit worth

phatmitsu
09-29-2003, 10:37 PM
Hey Guys IM curious what my Revell VW corrado coupe kit is worth.. I bought it and IM thinking of now selling it. So im curious what i could get for it.. The kit is unstarted and in good shape.. Thanks Rick S.

Vyacheslav
09-29-2003, 10:53 PM
Hmmm, not more than 20 that's for sure. Make it 16

phatmitsu
09-29-2003, 11:11 PM
Hmmm, not more than 20 that's for sure. Make it 16

Well i know thats not true.. There a vert one on ebay for 40.00 and the coupe is worth more then the vert from what ive seen.. I tried to find some info on on the coupe but could only find verts for sale.. Last one on ebay sold for 65.00 found one online for 75.00 So I dont really know what mine would go for.. Just looking to get everyones opinion on realistic guess.. THanks Rick

ZoomZoomMX-5
09-29-2003, 11:22 PM
Oh, those old VW models aren't worth the plastic they're molded in! :evillol:

I'll double your money! :evillol:

Seriously, a Revell employee told me in Chicago they checked the tooling archives after I mentioned the Corrado on the Hobby Heaven board. He even shook my hand! That's no guarantee it's all still there, but they're trying to get it reissued. That's what I heard a year ago from another Revell guy, but who knows? Back when it was new, the people selling Revell AG in the US were really not doing the right thing, and prices were way too high. The agreements selling Revell USA/Revell of Germany stuff between the two companies and countries now is much easier to deal with.

In fact, as I was telling the same guy "hey, you need to take the new Mini and make it a Cooper S" he said "good timing", and proceeded to tell the guy standing next to me, who happens to be the president of Revell of Germany "that's true, you need to take your Mini Cooper and make it into a Cooper S". Let's hope the guy in the gray suit listened!

OPM
09-30-2003, 07:27 AM
saw one going out on german ebay for 80.00€

try selling it there :naughty:

gasman03
09-30-2003, 09:19 AM
I would really like to see a VW Corrado reissued, I missed out on one a couple years ago, would make a cool tuner,

deedlit
09-30-2003, 12:38 PM
Your kit worth what people are ready to pay for (hope you understood :screwy: )

I explain:
If you find somebody ready to pay 100$, go for it but 100$ is not the value of the kit.
I would pay 50€ for one of those, but 50€ can't be taken as the real value of the kit.
You see, it's very difficult to have an exact idea.
I don't think it exists a book about the value of all the kits ever done. It would be very helpfull.

Now, if you want the max amount for your kit, place it on ebay and wait to see how far the bidding can go.

But, if you want to make me happy, send me a pm with your price. I'm hardly searching one of those. :iceslolan

xav

Add your comment to this topic!