Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Just curious what the girls thought....

Thedarkside
09-29-2003, 04:51 PM
Okay here's a question I've always wondered about....you know how some girls have all guy friends and they say they can never find a boyfriend because most boys can't handle it...well what do you girls think if the shoe was on the other foot and your guy had all girl friends would you be able to handle it and not get jealous? :grinno: :lol2: Or would you even consider it? Someone once told me, if we were together all my friends would have 2 go... :screwy:

hotice318ti
10-06-2003, 08:02 PM
being someone who has a bf with lots of girl friends, i have to say it's very hard not to get jealous. i still get jealous from time to time cuz his best friend is a girl and that girl "used" to like him a lot... i can't tell him not to be friends w/ her anymore cuz it won't be fair... i mean, i have my guy friends and i used to have a best friend who's a guy... so i guess it's only fair...
we used to have a lot of problems when we started going out because of the gender of our friends... but it works out okay after i got to know his friends and he got to know mine...
if i'm have a lot of problem w/ a particular friend of his and he knows about it, he eventually stop talking and hanging out w/ that person.. it doesn't mean that they're not friends anymore.. it just means that he's putting a lot of distance between them... and i do the same..

Thedarkside
10-07-2003, 07:38 AM
Wow that's really cool of him...but don't you think its better that if your having a problem with that friend, especially because you think that friend is after him, to let him know about it and then just deal with it and trust that he's with you and that she is just a friend? I mean when you start giving up friends or distancing friends for each other, you start to loose your sense of identity and your own life and its important that you each still have your own life...at least that's what I think. The two should compliment, not amalgate...Like all my close friends (girls) know that they can call me whenever, even at 4am in the morning and if they need me I'm there for them...and I could never put distance between me and them because they are like family to me...but that's just me I guess...... :rolleyes:

hotice318ti
10-08-2003, 08:14 PM
it's not just u.... i definitely agree with you... i just don't know how to change things in my relationship yet.... hopefully i'll find a way soon...

Thedarkside
10-09-2003, 07:07 AM
it's not just u.... i definitely agree with you... i just don't know how to change things in my relationship yet.... hopefully i'll find a way soon...

Yea I don't know...I guess what it comes down to is a trust issue. Jealousy is healthy as long as it doesn't become psycho jealousy(wanting to know where you are at all times of the day, threatening your friends, having you followed), because jealousy shows we care about the person...I don't know one thing that helps me is that I just think about me and my friends, I would never do anything with any of my friends because they're family and it'd be plain to wierd, plus when I'm with someone, I'm with someone...it helps me realize that person I'm with would never do anything either. Maybe you two need to sit down and talk this out, because I don't think giving up/distancing yourself from ur friends is healthy... :uhoh:

JDMsweetz
10-09-2003, 10:33 AM
The dark side..you're really into this Questioning thing. Lol. It's all good though, it's cool.

To answer your question, I would admit that I would be jealous a bit. I mean, my BF is an awesome guy and attractive. The thing is, my jealousy comes into place because of my past experience that still effects me. You know, so it makes me wonder..my boyfriend wouldnt DO anything..but girls are devious. Anyway, your question has a really good point because if you take notice, no matter what the relationship does, I think in most cases the girls will still have those guy friends, whereas the guys will back off on their lady friends...is it because guys are whipped?ol. Jk! But yah, my boyfriend and I have been best friends even while we both were with soemone else..so that builds a strong relationship:) . By the way, Ladies, if you TELL your boyfriend he can't be friends with certain people, you're evil. :disappoin

What about you Darkside?? I wanna hear your answers!

Thedarkside
10-09-2003, 10:49 AM
:evillol: LOL...I agree with you I think most guys will back off of their girl friends because you hold the one weapon that not a lot of guys can resist...SEX. Plus if he's someone that truly cares about you, he wouldn't say no to you on a lot of things....so ya proabably a lot of us are whipped...but I'll never give up my friends, they are like family to me, we're a package deal and if girls can't accept it I'm sorry....I mean guys are just as devious as girls, trust me on that one its a 2 way street...and guys can be just as big of a drama queen as girls can... :sly: :eek7: Ya but you two have a strong bond...I think maybe part of it has to do with the fact that you two were best friends and are now b/f, g/f?? And you need to deal with those issues from your past relationship and not let it wreck your present...because if you two do everything together and have no outside friends from each other...then you two will get bored of each other...because it'll be the same ol' same ol'.

I mean the person I'm in love with now (she's a girl racer), she has a lot of guy friends, like 99% and I do admit sometimes I do get jealous of them because I do see some of them with crushes on her, but I never act out on it or say she can't have those friends, because those are her friends, her crew, her life and its seperate from mine...in the same way my close friends are 100% girls ( Just get along with girls better) and she has no problem with that, although she is sometimes jealous, she respects that they are my friends and my life...it gives us something more to talk about...like I love hearing about her life and what she and her friends did and vice-versa. Its healthy...

Whew :uhoh: How's that for my 2 cents?

And any guy who tries to control a girl or expect her to stay at home while he plays is insecure and pure evil :disappoin :screwy:

Add your comment to this topic!