Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Professional Installation?

HondaSpeed
09-29-2003, 11:09 AM
I was looking at some interior accessories online and most noted that it required professional installation. The two I am wondering about are the reverse glow gauges and the altezza lights... are they something I could manage to install myself or if I had to get them done at a shop how much would it cost?

Goten
09-29-2003, 11:34 AM
the altezzas are not hard at all, as for the guages im sure they are not hard but i dont knwo how to do them but i hope that someone will post how to cause i need to know. but the lights are not hard at all.

dutchaccord
09-29-2003, 03:32 PM
for the indi..thing, u need to get the plastic couver of (it runs from the coin tray all the way to the cig lighter. to get this done, remove the cointray and vents (u can just pill em out (w force) ) ull find some screws in there. then u can easely unscrew the gaugecluster and pop the window of, by pressing the lips on top and bottom. BE CAREFUL X100 dont mess the needles up!!!!! if u take ur time ull be able to DIY.....

just take ur time

Stefan

njaccord
09-30-2003, 02:30 AM
the tail lights are simple, you'd waste your money if you got that done professionaly. as for the indiglo gauges, pretty simple, i'd pick up a haynes manual for your car at the pep boys. it has pretty detailed instructons on taking apart the whole dash and you might need it for other mods too... then, once i got to the gauge cluster i put the gauges over the originals and i just spliced the glogauge wires into one of the switches (i beleived it was the dimmer switch) but i'm not too sure cuz i did it a while ago. good luck, lemme know how it works out...

Add your comment to this topic!