Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

yet another s2k swap thread

Daemonic
09-29-2003, 01:14 AM
I've seen a few threads here and there about civic/s2k swaps, and no one seems to be for it because of the rear wheel drive conversion. Well what about this... will an f20c bolt up to a crv tranny?
if so... will the crv tranny and axles line up and fit in a civic? ;)

see, i say why go rear wheel drive if you can go all wheel drive.

hondaracer
09-29-2003, 01:41 AM
I've seen a few threads here and there about civic/s2k swaps, and no one seems to be for it because of the rear wheel drive conversion. Well what about this... will an f20c bolt up to a crv tranny?
if so... will the crv tranny and axles line up and fit in a civic? ;)

see, i say why go rear wheel drive if you can go all wheel drive.

Not a bad idea but there is a problem with all wheel drive. Because the power has to be distributed to all four wheels, the only thing you really get out of an all wheel drive car is low end power. Front wheel drive is the way to go. I've thought about the F20C motor swap but I figured that I'd be better off front wheel drive since my car will never have oversteer and it has no understeer due to the alignment work and handling upgrades. When I race all wheel drive subarus they always get me off the line but once I shift into second and onto third I blow right past them in my civic. So my advice would be don't go all wheel drive.

eckoman_pdx
09-30-2003, 01:18 AM
It will take more than that to make a civic AWD. Check out Honda tuning this month, they are trying to make an AWD integra, and have an update article. I warn you though, that alone is not easy, and trying to shove an S2000 motor in there will only serve to make it more complex and harder. Good Luck.

Add your comment to this topic!