Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ls hatch

chuckhatch
09-28-2003, 10:36 AM
does any one know what kind of complications with wiring and installing a ls motor into a 95 civic dx hatch..? i ve read alot of places its a super straight forward swap ...and you dont have to really dig into the harness...and does any one know what kind of quarter mile times people have gotten(street tires) with this set up?

hondaracer
09-29-2003, 01:49 AM
does any one know what kind of complications with wiring and installing a ls motor into a 95 civic dx hatch..? i ve read alot of places its a super straight forward swap ...and you dont have to really dig into the harness...and does any one know what kind of quarter mile times people have gotten(street tires) with this set up?

Well an ls motor into a dx hatch is very straight forward if you know what you're doing for sure. And my friend in his 94 civic hatch with an ls swap runs a flat 15 with a couple other basic mods, like exhaust and stuff so it is a pretty good swap I guess. I prefer going with an H22a in that hatch of yours though. I know everyone says go with H22a but the numbers don't lie. My friend has a 95 civic dx hatch and he put an H22 into it and he runs a 14.57 stock with just the motor swap.

eckoman_pdx
09-30-2003, 01:02 AM
If you are planning to boost it, the LS block can handle much more PSI than the H22A, 12psi when tuned right on stock internals. Thats over 250WHP. The H22A has thin cylinder walls, and can't handle much above 8psi without blowing. I know people who say your better keeping it at 6psi, I tend to agree. Plus, the LS will weight less too. I know of people having greater understeer problems with the H22 motor. The LS motor is a straightforward swap, so don't worry. You put this motor in the much lighter civic chassis, and it hauls. Plus, it has tons of potenial, and can handle much more boost than an H22 or any other b-series motor.

Add your comment to this topic!