Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Accaimīs starter not getting juice!

eddie32818
09-28-2003, 12:49 AM
My 1993 plymouth accaim (2.5 liter) is not starting, at all. Not even a click from the selonoid. I tried replacing the ignition switch (behind the tumbler) and it still didnīt work. Took off the starter and had it tested at the shop and it tested fine.

Donīt see anything wrong with battery or cables or fuses (panel). Not sure about where to begin searching for bad fuseable links as nothing appears to be burned or melted, anywhere.

There was a mention of an ASD relay in the manual but I have a cluster of relays next to the battery and I donīt really know how to identify the ASD. Does this seem like the culprit -- ASD relay? Or is there something else I should look for?

Any help would be helpfull. Thanks for reading my querry.

Eddie

Opps123
10-21-2003, 04:48 PM
hello, i had the same problem and i tried to fix it my self but to no avail...what i did is check everything and more...changed the ignition switch and such too...but what i did is took out the battery and there u will find a ton of wires...one of them was burnt...because something was shorting out and causeing it to burn...it was a red one...so me and my brother spliced in another piece of wire and it worked...but once i drove it more than 1 mile the car shut off in the middle of the road...so i took it to one of the best people who know stuff about car electronics in my area and he fixed the problem what it was is there is a senor or something that is used only if the car is going to california...but since my car was sold in nj they didnt need the extra sensor so they took it out and just put some electrical tape on the wires and what happened is after 12 years of shaking and moving the tape came off and it was shorting on the engine block and therefore burning the wire which caused it to not work at all...i believe my mechanic said that the wire was either between the firewall and engine or between the battery and engine im not sure also check all of the grounding locations on the engine block that might be a possiblity too... have a great day hope you find the problem

eddie32818
10-27-2003, 11:16 AM
Hello,

Thank you for the reply. So far I had a burned fusable link and a bad ignition switch replaced.

But it is not over....

The car now sometimes doesnīt start, as if there is an intermittent (the key warning buzzer sounds very slow-like the sound you would expect to hear from a very weak battery).

On the the ocassions when it does start, the key warning buzzer sounds normal and it cranks right up but the memory on the clock radio gets reset, as if power was interupted briefly.

I get the feeling that I may have to take it to an expert car electronics shop, and suffer the repair costs. It seems to be one of those hard-to-find electrical problem and I donīt really have the expertise in this area.

Thanks again for your info.
Eddie

Add your comment to this topic!