Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mounting monitors

lewdaka03
09-27-2003, 12:18 AM
Since now a days audio and video go hand in hand (plus my sounddomain membership is f*cked up) I decided to come here to ask u guys...and girls. I was plan on it at all possible mounting a flip down tv on the roof of a EX civic.... now how would i mount the monitor on the roof without interfering with the sun roof? It would be a 7-13 monitor and im not sure on u mount them? and then also.. to change it up a little... What is the purpose of mounting subs with the magnet structure out?? i was thinking about doing this with two 12s in a dual sealed 1.25 box in the trunk but wondered if it would be necessary to gain more spl.

Thanks in advanced....
Kris

sr20de4evr
09-27-2003, 12:33 AM
For the screen it might be a better idea to get a flip up in dash screen to save space, because if you attach it to the roof you would have to put it behind the sunroof and that might be too far back to really benefit the people in the back seat.

As for mounting subs backwards, it's used mainly for show and also to change up the box volume to get a slightly different sound. If you are building your own box it would probably be a better idea to just build it to the specs you want instead of building it too small and then inverting the subs.

lewdaka03
09-27-2003, 12:39 AM
well yea your right but what if its a sedan?? not to be difficult but i may be trying to put 2-4 subs in the trunk thats why i was asking because i want a good sound what i really meant as how does ir sound?? compared to ported sealed or bandpass? i aslo personally wanna thank u seru have been either the first or close to first people to awnser my post in cars i general thanks man nice sentra...

sr20de4evr
09-27-2003, 01:22 AM
heh, no prob, I just have no life ;)

Inverting the sub should sound just the same as normal, the only thing it changes is the airspace inside the box is slightly larger. Other than that I wouldn't imagine any difference

Haibane
09-27-2003, 08:40 AM
Isn't their a requirement for a subwoofer before you can invert it?

sr20de4evr
09-27-2003, 02:18 PM
I don't believe so, you can shift the phase 180* with your headunit or amp to account for the reverse, other than that everything should behave like normal

lewdaka03
09-27-2003, 03:36 PM
and also have u heard anything about firing subs into quarter panels?? b/c i was thinkin about dynamatin the trunk and havin two subs firing towards the rear seat and then the other two firin into the quarters or like 1 dvc sub in spare tire compartment

ponchonutty
09-28-2003, 09:08 AM
and also have u heard anything about firing subs into quarter panels?? b/c i was thinkin about dynamatin the trunk and havin two subs firing towards the rear seat and then the other two firin into the quarters or like 1 dvc sub in spare tire compartment

You can doe that but may run into a problem with phase problems. This is because not all subs are facing the same general way. You will have to experiment.

lewdaka03
10-07-2003, 03:41 PM
sry to sound like newb but what exactly is phase??

I have never heard about phase.. also i am thinkin about competing in spl or Sq or both...... if i do it would be in a old benz c230 1998 95k miles... all the audio places i got on the net say that recievers wont fit does any one know how or where i can find places that say they fit or how to install them????

Add your comment to this topic!