Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sound Advice for everyone...It may happen to you

jalfaro
09-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Had the strangest thing happen to my 95 Accord.
My car suffered from a kind of "Thermal Shock". It was raining cats and dogs saturday night and I had no choice but to drive in the rain. (Bad neighborhood) It rained so hard that the water was almost at door level. Everything was running well and my car did not stall. But the next day when I started the car the A/C and steering belts made horrible sounds. When I touched the belts they had a kind of crackling sound. As if they were decades old. I had them changed about a year ago and they were well known brand names. Never any problems.
At the Honda Service Center they told me that the sudden change in temperature that the belts recieved had a pretty big impact that the belts were "crystalized"...totally useless.
So if your ever out driving in hard rain. Pull over and stop !!!

Has this happened to anyone else.

accordztech
09-26-2003, 06:17 PM
so u ran through a puddle? i never had that happen before but i seldomly get that kind of rain...if i DO have to drive through alot of water i go really slow.....good thing nothing else got damaged....

92lx
09-27-2003, 01:26 AM
that's really bizzarre. I've heard of it, but never believed it could actually happen...wowzers. Anyhow, did you get the belts wet somehow?

- Nathan

Add your comment to this topic!