Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Problem Help Please!!!!!!!!!!

crabby760
09-24-2003, 06:11 PM
i have a 93 dx coupe with a jdm b16a swap... lowered on h&r springs with tokiko struts on 15 inch si rims ok im on my way home the other day from my moms its a 4 hour drive so im going and about 2 hrs into the drive home... when im going say 65 or 70 in 5th gear or 4th gear and i acclerlate hard or slow the front end under my peddle shakes badly and then the front drive side would make a cracking noise and it would just shake badly at that speed did that the whole way home on the freeway but now that im in town and not going as fast it doesnt do nothing can someone help me out... i know my driver side axel boot the one going into the tranny is ripped... but i doubt that would make it shake so much let me know thanks....

dirty91crx
09-24-2003, 08:56 PM
you would be suprised how bad an axle can shake your car....my pass side went out after raising my car back up....when it was lowered it wore itself into the cup....when it got raised the inside of the cup(tripod) had enough room to bounce around so to speak causing mad vibrations....and i had your same symptoms only at higher speeds will it do so. get under the car and shake your axles to make sure....shouldnt have any up and down play

crabby760
09-25-2003, 01:29 PM
do u know how much it costs to fix the axel so it wont shake???? let me know thannks

JakeDrummer
09-29-2003, 02:18 PM
just go to napa and get a new one. it'll cost you about $60-100 if you do it yourself. its not bad, i did it in my civic in about 2 hrs. and be careful i've heard of peeps with bad c/v's having them blow out at high speeds or under alot of load, so just be careful till yah get her fixed. good luck!

Add your comment to this topic!