Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 Accord - Performance Exhaust Upgrade Suggestions PLEASE

-|GLOAMING|-
09-24-2003, 01:22 PM
Hello fellow accord drivers. I own a 1997 accord lx with 5 speed manual. Recently, my muffler seperated from the exhaust pipe due to excessive rusting. I live in NY where the roads during winter are very salty. Therefore, I am looking to upgrade my stock accord with some new exhaust. Please make any suggestions on what brands I should consider buying. Right now, I am interested in a stainless steel setup, thinking about greddy evo exhaust combined with dc header. Please let me know what you think! Will the expense of the high quality components be justifed by a long-lasting performance upgrade? Thanks.

92lx
09-24-2003, 02:09 PM
any stainless steel system will work, if there is a muffler shop in your area who can fabricate from ss....get them to custom do you some piping and get a universal stainless muffler of any kind. It'll be a lot lot cheaper and last just as long. However, the Greddy is an excellent choice.

With the DC sports header I'd recommend the stainless if you don't want it to ever rust, however, the ceramic coated as long as it doesn't get a lot of nasty scratches on it, shouldn't give you any problems for the life of your car. If you don't care about brand, there are some stainless headers on eBay that are DC Sports copies that are a lot cheaper than the "real deal"

- Nathan

Add your comment to this topic!