Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tr2000

LCDinmyG20
04-03-2001, 11:00 PM
I don't see any posts on this forum yet for triumphs so I thought I would start this off. I've been a triumph fanatic for over 10 years.

Triumphs that I've owned or own now
76 TR7 Coupe
80 TR7 Spyder Convertible
67 TR2000 4 door sedan (have had since college 10 years ago)

I currently only own the TR2000, but it's been sitting my garage for the last 9 years. I did buy some new carbs for it last spring. You can sometimes buy parts from the UK and save big. I only paid $210 for two carbs including shipping. US part companies wanted over $600 or $300 just for a rebuild!

Anyway, any Triumph fans around ?:confused:

Moppie
06-17-2001, 07:27 AM
Wow there arnt many MK1s left in the world, especialy in North America.

I have the remains of MKII 2500TC with a warmed up engine (150hp :devil: ) and wheels, suspension, diff, all setup to handle it. Great car to drive, very smooth, and with heaps of torque from very low down. Unforunatly rust got into the multilayer floor and is way beyond my ablity to fix. Im currently trying to sell the bits to someone who will use them, but there just not popular enough cars, there still too common over here. :(

:cool:

LCDinmyG20
07-13-2001, 11:59 PM
Are you from the UK? I have only seen two MK1 in the Oregon area. The local Portalnd Oregon Triumph club has a few owners of 2000's. Basicaly, there are only Mk1's in US that I have seen thus far. The 2500's look pretty cool.

Do you know how I could get a new Triumph badge plate for my front grill ?

Moppie
07-15-2001, 01:32 AM
Im in New Zealand, the cars were assembled here right up till early 81 when then the last 2500S was made.
Thier great old cars, I used to have great fun in mine scaring much more modern cars. Sadly rust got into the floor, and its now beyond repair, and I dont have the money or the time at the moment to start again. (but I will). :(

About the badge, I have no idea where you would find one in the US, there are companys in the UK who sell many parts, but if you send me an email with you address you can have all of my Triumph and 2500TC badges if you want. I dont need them any more.
moppie_nz@yahoo.com

Add your comment to this topic!