Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Model shop in New York

geronimo77
09-24-2003, 06:01 AM
Hi,
I`m going to visit New York. Anybody know a good (lot of car models and accesories) shop there?
Thank you for the help.

Gergo

larrygre
09-24-2003, 06:39 AM
Hi,
I`m going to visit New York. Anybody know a good (lot of car models and accesories) shop there?
Thank you for the help.

Gergo

There aren't many shops left in NY AFAIK. I've been to Image Anime which, despite its title, has a pretty good selection of Japanese kits (no domestics) and rims. Thay are on 30th St. off 6th Ave. Jan's Hobby Shop, if its still around, was pretty good. I think its on 74th St. and York Ave. in upper Manhattan.

If you're inclined to do a road trip to Long Island, try Bay Shore Hobbies in Bay Shore - it's a trek from NYC for sure, but he has LOTS of stuff, paints, accessories, decals, photoetched parts, both domestic and imported kits, diecasts, magazines, books, etc. Whenever I get to go to NY I try to stop out there.

Hope that helps some.

Kasso
09-24-2003, 07:07 AM
which part of new york are you staying in? theres a huge 3-story Hobby shop off exit 37 on the LIE (Long Island Expressway). its called Willis Hobbies. Here's the link: http://www.willishobbies.com/

cph81
09-24-2003, 08:00 AM
I think imageanime is the best place to shop. The price is fair and it's in the middle of the town. There are some shop in queens too. If you want the address, PM me.

geronimo77
09-26-2003, 08:35 AM
I've never been to New York. I live in Europe. I don't know yet in which part I will be.
I will try to buy a NYC map.
Any model shop address are are highly appretiated.
Thank you'

Add your comment to this topic!