Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Any JCW MCS Owners here

Jims5543
09-23-2003, 09:22 AM
Just wondering if there are any other John Cooper Works owners here.

gtshnzr
11-10-2003, 11:11 PM
yep. another satisfied customer

Utah
11-12-2003, 05:02 PM
How big of a difference would you say it makes, honestly. I don't mind dropping $6000.00 if its actually worth it.

Jims5543
11-12-2003, 08:39 PM
If you answer yes to the next 2 questions then the JCW kit is for you.

1. Do you want to retain your Warranty?
2. Do you want a unique MC that will be more of a collectors car in the future?

I love the change the kit has made to my MCS. I honestly would not want one without it.

Utah
11-13-2003, 11:20 AM
I don't really care about being unique or collector value. I want to know more about the performace gains. I do like the idea of retaining the warrenty.

Jims5543
11-13-2003, 02:34 PM
You can do a 15% pulley and some other upgrades and get the same results for 1/2 the price. I did a lot of research and decided I wanted my warranty and I like to fact that I have a limited edition car.

Try poking around here there is a ton of useful info here about modding a mini. They have a pretty busy forum area and a lot of options as far as upgrades go.
http://www.northamericanmotoring.com

gtshnzr
11-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Utah, I agree. the car is much more drivable with gobs of low end torque and it just keeps on pulling in every gear from almost any rpm. If all of the MCS came this way, they's be even harder to get than they already are. Plus I can drive hard and not worry about it breaking with the warranty. Another "plus" are the rumors that an air intake and a manifold are next in line from JCW. So, they keep making things that are engineered to work together and will [should]result in an overall more balanced package when you add more factory OE-type mods than if you shopped around various bits and pieces.

Jims5543
11-14-2003, 01:20 PM
I have e-mailed Paul Cooper of JCW ant the Header and high flow cat are nearly done. The intake is still in its infancy and will be a while.

I am ordering a LSD from JCW in England right now. This might kill my drivetrain warranty though. I am consulting with my dealership right now to see if they will be cool with it.

Jims5543
11-14-2003, 01:25 PM
gtshnzr - Does your JCW make a loud vacuum sound when at idle. Mine does and did not before the kit was installed. I have no idle problems nor power issues. Just wondering if anyone else noticed it.

gtshnzr
11-14-2003, 02:51 PM
Can't say about pre-and post kit noise as mine came with it new. As for vacuum sound, I only get that high pitched sucking sound when I accelerate from 70 or so in 4th and 5th gear, or while winding it out in lower gears. Must be the supercharger spooling up. What is a "LSD"? if it makes the car go faster, I want one! As for the exhaust manifold, is there a part number available yet so I can pre-order and "be the first on the block?"

Jims5543
11-14-2003, 08:01 PM
E-mail from Paul Cooper of John Cooper Works:

Dear Sir
Thank you for your enquiry. Please find detailed below pricing for the parts you are interested in. Please note that all of these parts are intended for racing use and are such branded ‘John Cooper Motorsport’. This means they are not under the BMW approved ‘John Cooper Works’ umbrella and as such will void the MINI warranty. The JCM Exhaust system for the Cooper S is not available yet and as such we do not have pricing for these, although we hope this will not be too long now. We will have a few options but the best system for racing will be a complete system including manifold and straight through cat pipe to a 2” twin silencer. We also hope to have an open air filter but this could be a little longer in development.

LSD Diff (Cooper S) £495.00
Bilstein Suspension Kit £838.74

Above items are subject to shipping charges and vat (where applicable) and are in stock. If you wish to place an order please provide your full name, address, telephone no. etc. We can only accept payment by Bank transfer for this amount.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Regards

To get to USD just double the price and your in the neighborhood.

Limited Slip Differential (LSD) changes the drive of the front wheels from one wheel to both. Its a clutch type system that makes the car put the power down to bith wheels evenly = better traction = better acceleration = Makes Jimmy happy.
The US version of this LSD requires grinding down the housing to get it to fit. The JCW one does not. The US version costs $1200 JCW cost $1000. I am really looking foward to the other stuff they are working on.

Add your comment to this topic!